• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mr. Robot season_2.0 |OT| We Would Care, Bill - Wednesdays on USA

g0tm1lk

Just throwing it out there to cover all my bases.

Because he used to send her gifts just like that. Plus who sends those kinds of gifts just to screw with people?

I think this show is a little over your head.

SO?! Have you been watching this show at all?

Why would Elliot align himself with Tyrell only to kill him? It makes zero sense. Explain why he would kill him? Please enlighten us. Also tell me why they keep listing his name in the credits if he's dead. He's not even starring in the episodes.

But no you're right. They decided to off one of the most interesting characters/antagonists of the show in the first season without resolving what him and his wife's plan was all along. And you're also right. His body is in his SUV. lol wtf?

All this coming from the guy who thought the phone calls were coming from inside Elliot's house.

michael-jordan-laugh.gif

Before you question someone else's opinion you should probably pay more attention to the show.

lol, u mad?

The last episode really feels like the last season of Lost where you start realizing maybe the showrunner/writers don't really have a good plan and you can see stuff going off the rails.

I had no problems with almost everything this season but the commodore 64 scene was just ludicrous. For a show that it is SO meticulous about all its computer details, for a little girl and Whiterose to use a C64 as some sort of weird Voight-Kampff test was pretty cringy.

I really, really hope I am proved wrong and Esmail can bring it back next week. Bringing it back would have to include a reasonable explanation of why the C64 scene went down that way, and why someone was talking to Angela on a red rotary phone with a speak n spell voice.

The last episode really feels like the last season of Lost where you start realizing maybe the showrunner/writers don't really have a good plan and you can see stuff going off the rails.

I had no problems with almost everything this season but the commodore 64 scene was just ludicrous. For a show that it is SO meticulous about all its computer details, for a little girl and Whiterose to use a C64 as some sort of weird Voight-Kampff test was pretty cringy.

I really, really hope I am proved wrong and Esmail can bring it back next week. Bringing it back would have to include a reasonable explanation of why the C64 scene went down that way, and why someone was talking to Angela on a red rotary phone with a speak n spell voice.

Pretty sure they used a Commodore 64 as it appeared to be all things from her childhood.
The old phone, the book Darlene's alias comes from, the old tv, and of course the child version of Angela.

Really interesting episode after the build up of the last episode. Really wish they just showed the 2nd part right afterwards. I have no idea where they are headed but I love the possibilities everyone is speculating.

Can't remember. It's not like it would have any personal significance to her though.

Neither did the Lolita book I think, that was also about Darlene.

No clue what is going on, but I doubt it was done just to look cool or whatever.
I can't see how the finale won't be frustrating, however. There are way too many questions and probably not enough time to give a satisfying conclusion.

Edited out some dumbness from tiredness.

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...
Is there a good theory on the shell in the arcade?
Not really, the FBI only found the shell after Dom found fsociety's house and not much more, no blood, no nothing.
Either way you should be more worried about other stuff dude :p

Btw, I found very surprising how tight they're keeping the finale under wraps with no hard spoilers seen anywhere.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
I think I can understand some people not enjoying or not feeling the season I guess, but for me it is pushing all the right buttons. Looking forward to watching the season again.

I'm really starting to think the matrix theory is real, or parts of it. Not sure how I'd feel if it was true.

Elliot, Angela and Darlene are probably top tier hackers that get sent into the current world they are in to hack something for whoever is in charge (white rose?)

Tyrell and mr robot are prob guides or something.

Not

Banned
I guess people thought it was dumb but I was really compelled by the fishtank scene. I love it when I have no idea what's going on all of a sudden

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Yeah, but the poster itself didn't appear until the latest episode as far as I remember.

It and a few other motivational posters were on a site that was linked in the show. I forget the actual emulated terminal site, but they're there for the BBS...

OH YEAH, now I remember. It was during the TGIF dream episode. That had a site that was an old-school BBS and if you did a sequence you saw those.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
I expected all of it and at the same time I was like watevers...
It felt a bit strange. Next week should be more of a clusterfuck even. Can't wait lol.

Cth

Pretty sure they used a Commodore 64 as it appeared to be all things from her childhood.
The old phone, the book Darlene's alias comes from, the old tv, and of course the child version of Angela.

I thought something similar and was sure we'd have gotten a reveal that they drugged her before questioning her. It'd go a long way to explain Angelas stupidity and general out of it look.

aparisi2274

Did anyone else notice (and apologies if it was discussed) when Angela went to visit her lawyer, and there was a brown out, when the electricity came back on, the TV news was 40 seconds in the past...

Plus all the BTTF music playing... If this show has some sort of time rip, or paradox, or parallel universe, I am not sure I would be able to handle that.

~Kinggi~

Banned
Just saw the last episode. Was fantastic. GAF full of a bunch of impatient bitches. Seriously this shit is legit. Interesting and beautiful, unlike most everything out there on TV, yet if it doesnt answer all the questions its boring shit in typical GAF fashion. There is a difference between boring filler and what this show does.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Just saw the last episode. Was fantastic. GAF full of a bunch of impatient bitches. Seriously this shit is legit. Interesting and beautiful, unlike most everything out there on TV, yet if it doesnt answer all the questions its boring shit in typical GAF fashion. There is a difference between boring filler and what this show does.

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...
Did anyone else notice (and apologies if it was discussed) when Angela went to visit her lawyer, and there was a brown out, when the electricity came back on, the TV news was 40 seconds in the past...

Plus all the BTTF music playing... If this show has some sort of time rip, or paradox, or parallel universe, I am not sure I would be able to handle that.
I noticed Angela's whispering just like Joanna 🤔

I've heard bad things about this season. Is it that bland?

(I'm maybe half-way, and it's okay so far. But it makes me pine for Season 1. I last watched the 90s episode.)

(I'm maybe half-way, and it's okay so far. But it makes me pine for Season 1. I last watched the 90s episode.)

I actually like S2 because of the drastic shift from S1 (the next few episodes after a certain one stands out as fucking amazing). I knew it was never going to remain solely focusing on hacking. S2 I think is more polarizing because of how dramatic the shift is, and people generally expected a Hacking: The Show thing that we saw in S1.

Though, you'll find the occasional weird complaint. For instance, someone here complained that this show doesn't show the ramifications of the 5/9 hack only to miss scenes that actually show how 5/9 fucked shit up for people, both from an infrastructure and economic POV.

chefbags

I say wait till the last episode is out and binge it.

The pacing is off sometimes and waiting a week to find out what happens after a cliffhanger is a bit annoying (because there were a lot of cliffhangers).

I actually like S2 because of the drastic shift from S1 (the next few episodes after a certain one stands out as fucking amazing). I knew it was never going to remain solely focusing on hacking. S2 I think is more polarizing because of how dramatic the shift is, and people generally expected a Hacking: The Show thing that we saw in S1.

Though, you'll find the occasional weird complaint. For instance, someone here complained that this show doesn't show the ramifications of the 5/9 hack only to miss scenes that actually show how 5/9 fucked shit up for people, both from an infrastructure and economic POV.

Not bland at all. Just poorly paced. It was a 10 episode season that expanded to 12, but probably should have stayed 10.

I say wait till the last episode is out and binge it.

The pacing is off sometimes and waiting a week to find out what happens after a cliffhanger is a bit annoying (because there were a lot of cliffhangers).

Thanks for the opinions and notes.

Mr. Robot Season 1 was my favourite show on TV last year, so I was looking forward to this one. I don't dislike it -- it just hasn't been as good.

I have five episodes on my PVR to watch.

I was a fan of and defending this season but man was that last episode dogshit lmao. Felt like they were trying too hard and falling short with that Angela stuff. In its weirdness it forgot to be intriguing. I just found it all very corny.

Top Bottom