• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mr. Robot season_2.0 |OT| We Would Care, Bill - Wednesdays on USA

I don't get the complaints about the episode being slow. yeah the pacing is pretty slow but it's beautiful to look at, wonderfully acted and it didn't represent a huge departure from earlier episodes this season. I for one loved it even the commodore eccentric indulgence.

I have to say, as stated by some earlier posters, I'm getting a strong AI/Actual robot vibe from the episode. Maybe it's a red herring but I can't say I'd be terribly surprised. I also think he could pull it off. I mean yeah it's out there but is it really that much further out there than some of the other themes or actions he laces the show with? I'm not sure why everyone is so virulently opposed to it. Esmail has proven he can take us this far why not trust him to execute it well.....assuming it is an AI deal

Next week's finale is either going to be the most thrilling, explosive payoff since "Mizumono" or the most disappointing, shark-jumping dud since "Last Day on Earth."

Any bets on where it'll land? :p

XAL

What a tedious, annoying, and boring episode.

goldfish-mknkz3iovkgpti7ig5q6inpyltgy0nf8tvx99c19qs.jpg

ezekial45

Banned
We still don't know what happened to Mobley and Trenton either. I still like this show a lot, but it has an unfortunate habit of unnecessarily leaving characters hanging. It's only the second season and it's already really annoying.

Ashhong

I don't get the complaints about the episode being slow. yeah the pacing is pretty slow but it's beautiful to look at, wonderfully acted and it didn't represent a huge departure from earlier episodes this season. I for one loved it even the commodore eccentric indulgence.

I have to say, as stated by some earlier posters, I'm getting a strong AI/Actual robot vibe from the episode. Maybe it's a red herring but I can't say I'd be terribly surprised. I also think he could pull it off. I mean yeah it's out there but is it really that much further out there than some of the other themes or actions he laces the show with? I'm not sure why everyone is so virulently opposed to it. Esmail has proven he can take us this far why not trust him to execute it well.....assuming it is an AI deal

Do you think Angela was wonderfully acted as well?

What the fuck did I just watched. This show is shit crazy, It's like I'm in tranced whenever I watch it, yet I barely know what's going on or have a single clue of where it's going. What.. the.. Fuck.

I haven't started watching season 2 yet. Is it any good? I have mixed feelings about S1, I liked the premises but when I realized (a couple of episodes early) that it was Fight Club all over again i kinda lost interest (also, where is my mind cover song made my cringe a bit). I also though that sometimes the series tried too hard to be "edgy".

most of my friend are watching s2 and I'm feeling left out, but I'm still not sure it's really worth it.

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man
Do you think Angela was wonderfully acted as well?
Angela every episode.

siRjbzv.png

I haven't started watching season 2 yet. Is it any good? I have mixed feelings about S1, I liked the premises but when I realized (a couple of episodes early) that it was Fight Club all over again i kinda lost interest (also, where is my mind cover song made my cringe a bit). I also though that sometimes the series tried too hard to be "edgy".

most of my friend are watching s2 and I'm feeling left out, but I'm still not sure it's really worth it.
First half is mostly filler bad, later half is okay-ish, last episodes are filler???.

Wait I'm confused. The last scene with Elliot and Tyrell is showing us what happened during the attack where Elliot blacks out and wakes up in that suv right?

So Elliot is seeing what mr robot and Tyrell did? And what their deal was that mr robot referred too?

And what's going on with Angela? Is she part of the dark army now?

And so phase 1 was the Chinese using Elliot/fsociety to erase ecorps money so they would borrow more from the Chinese so that way they could control ecorp or something?

Spookie

Wait I'm confused. The last scene with Elliot and Tyrell is showing us what happened during the attack where Elliot blacks out and wakes up in that suv right?

I'm getting that vibe too.
Does the Back To The Future reference mean Elliot is reliving the night of the hack? But the show is fucking with us to make us think time is current?

-Plasma Reus-

Service guarantees member status
Yea. I was thinking the same. This is twin peaks.
The robotic voice at the other end of the phone somehow reminded me of nightmare backwards speaking Laura palmer.

Curufinwe

I hope Sam is just as gracious as Bryan Fuller was when this show goes the way of Hannibal due to idiotic pacing decisions.

In other words... I don't like how this episode was edited, so the show's getting cancelled because what I think is super important and everyone agrees with me.

In other words... I don't like how this episode was edited, so the show's getting cancelled because what I think is super important and everyone agrees with me.
OK.

What I said was totally limited to this one particular episode and had nothing to do with a general trend this season that no one else but me has noticed.

Sure.

Monocle

Whiterose is so cool.

I'm mad at this season for the bullshit with Tyrell, who was much more interesting when he was, you know, present and interacting with Joanna onscreen. At least his subplot is finally going somewhere, I guess.

I do like the idea of Elliot becoming the invisible observer of Mr. Robot. I think the season could have played with this a little earlier though. The pacing of this whole season is so counterintuitive. I'm not feeling it.

Of course this episode doesn't tell us what happened to Darlene. Of course.

Dom is looking for love in all the wrong places. She should have talked to Cortana.

Maddocks

I did like all the back to the future music, that was neat. But overall the episode kinda didn't go anywhere. All it showed us that Dom is sad and Ty is still around.

What is Elliot going to do next, crash bitcoin and Ecoin thus fucking everyone worldwide instead of just America? Not a terrible endgame, but next couple of episodes need to move that pace a little better then this episode that is for sure.

Eklesp

I'm getting that vibe too.
Does the Back To The Future reference mean Elliot is reliving the night of the hack? But the show is fucking with us to make us think time is current?

Maybe, except them talking about phase 2, makes me think this is current.

Yesterday, I had USA on a couple of hours before the episode came on and during the commercial break they aired a promo for the season finale where
they showed Tyrell sitting at a computer in the middle of an empty warehouse with Elliot and Mr. Robot behind him and Mr. Robot said to something to Elliot like "Let us show you what we've been working on".

Did anyone else see it? Is it possible they accidentally played it early because
Tyrell being alive was supposed to be a big twist this episode(which hadn't aired yet)

tmdorsey

I want to go on record saying Tyrell turning into another personality of Elliot would be absolutely horrible and a jump the shark moment for me.

The testing of Angela by Whiterose was a little too weird for me, but everything else in the episode was fine.

Really liked Elliot figuring out how to spy on Mr. Robot.

Zoe

I'm fine with Tyrell becoming a head in his voice as a result of 5/9, but not with the idea that he's always been Elliot.

Just caught up on this thread and I wanted to say that if anyone turns into an actual robot on this fucking show, I'm out.

The closest they'll go to that is personality manipulation shit, the reddit robot/time travel idiocy is just that: idiocy. The show does out of left field bullshit for sure, but anything other than long term personality manipulation type stuff would be massively incongruous with the show's internal logic.

T Dollarz

Y'all need to chill on these ludicrous theories and just enjoy the show for how beautifully crafted it is. Seriously, we watching the same show? The direction, atmosphere, music, it's all aces.

Future

Once Elliot went to sleep, anything that happens to him is suspect. Could easily see him waking up

The
robot
theory though. They've shown Elliot bleeding out, affected by drugs, angeles father... they couldn't. They wouldn't!

Then again
elliot being pushed out a window as a kid, father makes robot version, mom goes insane and put in asylum

Nah... no way

Once Elliot went to sleep, anything that happens to him is suspect. Could easily see him waking up

The
robot
theory though. They've shown Elliot bleeding out, affected by drugs, angeles father... they couldn't. They wouldn't!

Then again
elliot being pushed out a window as a kid, father makes robot version, mom goes insane and put in asylum

Nah... no way

nope.

however, WHAT IS GOING ON!?!?!

Arkeband

Banned
If Elliot was a robot, he fucked Shayla, meaning he's a literal sex bot.

I'm not spoilering this dumb theory anymore because it's too dumb.

tmdorsey

I'm fine with Tyrell becoming a head in his voice as a result of 5/9, but not with the idea that he's always been Elliot.

As a result of him killing Tyrell would make sense.

That other possibility would not.

My problem with it even after 5/9 or killing him is that he doesn't know Tyrell well enough to develop another full blown personality based on him. The dichotomy between him and Mr. Robot is enough for me.

That scene with the little girl was pretentious as hell. Also, no way does she load up a floppy on the Commodore without getting some kind of error.

Top Bottom