• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ms. 'Splosion Man |OT| Man, I feel like a woman

Nelo Ice

Banned
Wario64 said:
Lucky son of a bitch. I kept missing the codes. Not sure if you're looking at the same ones that I was.

if u had to type really fast then yeah :p

also this game is amazing!
love how when u get shoes ms splosion man actually wears them for the duration of the level

bede-x

Aside from the framerate the beta was great, but I would have thought it would be 1200 points. The production values seemed too high for an 800 point game. Not that I'm complaining.

Been playing a lot of the first one recently and getting better at it. Fun game, I love everything Twisted Pixel has done so far and this looks to be no exception. However, after listening to the most recent Giant Bombcast my expectations have been dashed a bit.

I was in the beta and when I try and purchase the game its giving me this;

2aj3mko.jpg

Is anyone else getting the same? I think I'm going to leave it for today or until it's showing the correct amount of Microsoft points.

madmackem

UnlovedJew said:
Been playing a lot of the first one recently and getting better at it. Fun game, I love everything Twisted Pixel has done so far and this looks to be no exception. However, after listening to the most recent Giant Bombcast my expectations have been dashed a bit.

Yeah just heard that part, shame the tightness of the levels are what is making splosion man so fun. Still going to get it just hope its as fun.

madmackem

HollywoodHeroes said:

2aj3mko.jpg

Is anyone else getting the same? I think I'm going to leave it for today or until it's showing the correct amount of Microsoft points.

When did they start adding review scores as well?, is it up yet could just be an issue with it not being up yet. Do you still have the data from beta, maybe delete that.

HollywoodHeroes said:

http://i51.tinypic.com/2aj3mko.jpg[IMG]

Is anyone else getting the same? I think I'm going to leave it for today or until it's showing the correct amount of Microsoft points.[/QUOTE]

Happens for me too. The game is not available to buy yet, only available to people with promo codes and reviewers. The weird pricing (which is millions of MS Points if you go to the next page on) is how they make sure people cannot buy early, but other can get access

Once someones presses a button at MS towers, it will be made available to all.

Kafel

Banned
Was this posted ?

You might remember the drama surrounding a Capcom mobile title that sprung up earlier this year. In January, the publisher released MaXplosion, a title that bore more than a passing resemblance to the Twisted Pixel game, 'Splosion Man.

Twisted Pixel obviously hasn't forgotten, hiding a playful Capcom burn in the 'Splosion Man sequel, Ms. 'Splosion Man, which releases later this week. The dig is hidden in a secret area of the game, which is itself an homage to another title we won't spoil here. See it for yourself in the video above.

http://www.joystiq.com/2011/07/11/ms-splosion-man-contains-a-hidden-dig-at-capcom/

Jay Sosa

Another excellent, thrilling platformer from the insane team at Twisted Pixel. This one is a little harder than the first, so be warned that you are in for a serious challenge. But there is more creativity packed into one Ms Splosion Man level than many other games can muster in their entirety.

Are you f'ing kidding me?

The first one already made me throw the controller out the window, this ones even harder?

I know you guys probably finished it with your eyes closed but to me it was an utterly frustrating game that relied waaaaaay to much on trial and error and ridiculous time limits. Finished it nonetheless.

Keyser Soze said:
Happens for me too. The game is not available to buy yet, only available to people with promo codes and reviewers. The weird pricing (which is millions of MS Points if you go to the next page on) is how they make sure people cannot buy early, but other can get access

Once someones presses a button at MS towers, it will be made available to all.

Awesome, thanks for the explanation.

JonCha

800 MS points? That's like £6 or something right? Deffo buying this. Seems like a blast (hur hur).

Also forgot to add: is there going to be a GAF tag for this?

ShyGuy

My copy is downloading right now!!! So excited!

Love that it's available to download here in Australia, sooooo ready for this!

madmackem said:
Slowest download ever for me from the uk market place.

Well 2GB is still a lot, regardless of connection

I am happy I got in the beta, and got the download out of the way a few weeks back. Otherwise I'd still be downloading now, and I have to leave at 1PM... so I would not have even got to play it today.

madmackem

Keyser Soze said:
Well 2GB is still a lot, regardless of connection

I am happy I got in the beta, and got the download out of the way a few weeks back. Otherwise I'd still be downloading now, and I have to leave at 1PM... so I would not have even got to play it today.

My connection is pretty decent and normally fly with downloads from xbl and psn.

Kweh

Splosion Man never sat well with me. Controlling him never felt accurate enough.

I did purchase it quite late on, way after playing Super Meat Boy, so that might be why.

If Ms. Splosion Man controls are tighter then I may bite.

Keikoku

Banned
Want this so bad but don't have money right now. I think I'll beat Splosion Man on hardcore in the meantime. Challenge accepted.

daffy

Banned
Jay Sosa said:
Are you f'ing kidding me?

The first one already made me throw the controller out the window, this ones even harder?

I know you guys probably finished it with your eyes closed but to me it was an utterly frustrating game that relied waaaaaay to much on trial and error and ridiculous time limits. Finished it nonetheless.
Yeah it was pretty hard. I actually forgot about this aspect.

Loved the first one, so can't wait to get stuck into this after the Beta. Then get a mate over for some local co-op and a lot of shouting!

Rekubot

The framerate is pretty awful. It never bothered me in the original but it does here. I think I'll wait for the Steam version to come out. This is a definite must-buy judging from the demo though.

Coldsnap

I demand them to patch in Ms. 'Splosion Man saying/singing "Gucci Gucci, Loui Loui" real fast...

watched the giantbomb quicklook and the stuff she was saying was making me crack up.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Any chance they got this one running at 60 fps? The speed of the first was always at odds with its lower framerate.

TimmiT

dark10x said:
Any chance they got this one running at 60 fps? The speed of the first was always at odds with its lower framerate.
Rekubot said:
The framerate is pretty awful. It never bothered me in the original but it does here. I think I'll wait for the Steam version to come out. This is a definite must-buy judging from the demo though.
Doesn't seem like it. There are rumors that this game is going to be released on Steam though.

Top Bottom