• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ms. 'Splosion Man |OT| Man, I feel like a woman

eek5

The run speed feels the same to me. Maybe it's because she doesn't do the airplane running animation so it feels slower. hehe :3

Apoc29

JonCha said:
Picked this up (under a fiver?!). Genuinely funny game and characters jokes songs get my every time. It's also pretty hard, which is a nice change.

Everyone should pick this up.
Under a fiver? How?

Clunker

Got the Star Road achievement ... Twisted Pixel delivers, including a nice jab back at Capcom for the whole Maxplosion debacle from a ways back.

I'm only at about 1-10 or so, but it feels like simply more Splosion Man, which is great for right now. The non sequiturs are in full effect, and yes, they're way more stereotypically girlie and pop culture-y, but it's the natural counterpoint to Splosion Man's incessant action movie one-liners. Though I will admit to laughing out loud at the "Sit Ubi sit!" line. :)

Crom

Muchi Muchi Pink said:
Level 3-10 is wow and the end haha. Rank 17 in time trial.

That level shocked me. I haven't seen anyone else mention it. Maybe because it is a secret level and a lot of people haven't seen it yet. Pretty funny. I don't want to spoil it though.

Anyone else notice the name of the boss on 1-16. Looks like Twisted Pixel had some revenge on Capcom. hhaha

JonCha

Apoc29 said:
Under a fiver? How?

800 MS Points were £4-something. Great deal.

This game is dead fun despite losing track of Ms Splosion Man now and then. Multiplayer is likes New Super Mario Bros Wii. It's mental.

Also experienced The Curse lol.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
I'm at 3-8 at the moment.

So satisfying reaching checkpoints now, let alone the end of levels. :p

I always feel like I can actually finish sections, though, which is where a game like N+ had me beat. My brain told my fingers I just couldn't do it.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
I really wish secret exits counted as completing that level.

Just accidentally hit the secret exit in 3-15. Fist pumped the air until I saw that little nugget of text pop-up on my screen.

Raxus

cjelly said:
I really wish secret exits counted as completing that level.

Just accidentally hit the secret exit in 3-15. Fist pumped the air until I saw that little nugget of text pop-up on my screen.
What is really strange is it awards you shoes if you got them as well. I hate how the secret levels are just there as well and don't even help you advance.

legbone

LevityNYC said:
Is anyone else disturbed by the sexism in this game? Have the good people at Twisted Pixel ever met a female?

lighten up, it's just a game. it's intended to be humorous. ironic given your username.

edit: isn't it supposed to be making fun of teenage girls. most of the grown women i know make fun of teenage girls. didn't splosionman have quotes from action movies and sm screaming about different types of meat. pretty much teenage boys. i think the idea that they are going for is splosionman and ms splosionman were just created and kind of immature and therefore goofy yet dangerous. kind of like teenagers.

tjohn86

LevityNYC said:
Is anyone else disturbed by the sexism in this game? Have the good people at Twisted Pixel ever met a female?

Its meant to be over the top. Calm down dude.

Played the first two multiplayer worlds with a buddy. I feel like we found way more cakes than we are finding shoes... maybe they are better hidden this game.

JRW

JonCha said:
Picked this up (under a fiver?!). Genuinely funny game and characters jokes songs get my every time. It's also pretty hard, which is a nice change.

Everyone should pick this up.

The difficulty probably wont be so welcome as you progress in the game, It gets a bit ridiculous at times.

TimmiT

Bought this on my brother's Xbox 360 and played the first 10-12 levels. I'm liking it so far, and I think that making the harder levels optional was a great decision.

I have bought every single Twisted Pixel game thus far.

They have never let me down, although I will be passing on their kinect game.

LevityNYC

Banned
gibon3z said:
I have bought every single Twisted Pixel game thus far.

They have never let me down, although I will be passing on their kinect game.

Comic Jumper was the most hilarious, best written game that also happened to be an utter pile of shit.

saunderez

LevityNYC said:
Just goes to show you can't make fun of anything without somebody missing the joke completely and making a big deal out of nothing.

Wizpig

Bought it! 800 points... with cheap points... basically around € 7-8. a steal!

Can't wait to start it.
By the way i still have to 200/200 the original one =( "Hardcore"...

LevityNYC said:
Comic Jumper was the most hilarious, best written game that also happened to be an utter pile of shit.
Unfortunately this is the truth.
And the Kinect one looks even worse; they are not Hideo Kojima, they shouldn't spam movies and voiceovers everywhere. just look at the original Splosion Man, it only had movies at the end.

The Maw was pretty nice.
Splosion Man is a masterpiece.

I broke my controller while playing level 1-9 this morning. I didn't like how I couldn't see where Ms. 'Splosion Man was when all the cars were blowing up. How am I supposed to jump from platform to platform if I can't even see them?

Finally got around to beating the single player portion yesterday. Loved the final boss fight, unexpected and hilarious. Also a fantastic tribute lol. I couldnt stop laughing at
the face the flower girl makes during the wedding.

Now I need to complete the multiplayer mode and find all shoes in both single and multi and attempt to unlock all other achievements.

Raxus

Stormwatch said:
I broke my controller while playing level 1-9 this morning. I didn't like how I couldn't see where Ms. 'Splosion Man was when all the cars were blowing up. How am I supposed to jump from platform to platform if I can't even see them?
1-9? Wow. It only gets much much worse as the game continues. 2 words: rocket cars.

see5harp

EteRnal_PAL said:
Finally got around to beating the single player portion yesterday. Loved the final boss fight, unexpected and hilarious. Also a fantastic tribute lol. I couldnt stop laughing at
the face the flower girl makes during the wedding.

Now I need to complete the multiplayer mode and find all shoes in both single and multi and attempt to unlock all other achievements.

I actually started liking the game once I hit the third section. The challenging levels are the most fun where you are chaining a ton of insane jumps into and out of background/foreground and jumps in and out of the "minecarts." Anyways, just wait until you find star road. Very funny easter egg similar to the end of the falling level.

JRW

I honestly cant remember the last time ive been so frustrated with a game, Im trying to collect the shoes on 1-12 and keep dying as I try to make it across those tiny platforms, It's like I keep slipping off of them and a lot of times the explosion effect itself during jumps gets in the way.

I can't think of any section / level in the original Splosion man that gave me this much trouble lol.

Gaspode_T

JRW said:
I honestly cant remember the last time ive been so frustrated with a game, Im trying to collect the shoes on 1-12 and keep dying as I try to make it across those tiny platforms, It's like I keep slipping off of them and a lot of times the explosion effect itself during jumps gets in the way.

I can't think of any section / level in the original Splosion man that gave me this much trouble lol.

Hmmm...I am kind of stuck for the first time in Splosion Man 1 but I am finding much easier to play without losing my mind if I play only 2 or 3 levels at a time. That's how I've been playing Super Meat Boy too and I still haven't beaten the Dark World. Why rush? Just take your time

Actually I want to see the ending everyone is talking about without spoiling it so I kind of do understand the rush...I want to finish Splosion Man 1 now...but I'm working my way through world 2 still (think I'm on 2-6? 2-7?).

see5harp

JRW said:

On that part I actually got under the par time while also getting the shoes. The key to the shoes on that part is to triple jump. You'll skip a platform and almost always land on or grab the ledge. Don't rush you have plenty of time to get the shoes and hit the green canister.

xbhaskarx

LevityNYC said:
LevityNYC
(Yesterday, 10:47 AM)

Do you know what your username means?

JRW

see5harp said:
On that part I actually got under the par time while also getting the shoes. The key to the shoes on that part is to triple jump. You'll skip a platform and almost always land on or grab the ledge. Don't rush you have plenty of time to get the shoes and hit the green canister.

Looks like I just needed a break I came back to it later and was able to get the shoes and made it to world 2 without much fuss after that. I didn't triple jump to get across to the shoes but that might of worked out better.

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
They have the Ms Splosion Man soundtrack available from their website for free:
http://www.mssplosionman.com/
Just click on the downloads tab.

On a different note, I've completed the single player game and now I'm working on unlocking all the levels and finding all the shoes. Cleared out world 1 last night.

When you find the right path for a level, this game is pure bliss. The comparisons to Mirror's Edge in that respect are dead on imo.

Nice, thanks Riccochet.

Downloading the soundtrack now.

Also got the
1oCLiGJhbC9AFQUXXFJRbTE5L2FjaC8wLzQAAAAA5+fn+ccKNg==.jpg
You'll Believe a Ms. Can Fly achievement - Complete Single Player level 3-14 without touching the ground. Wasn't as hard as I thought it would be.

eek5

HadesGigas said:
Free DLC for a game released in 2009? Does Twisted Pixel not understand how this generation of console gaming works??
i thought it was going to just be an advertisement for ms splosion man since it was free...

wow.. i just played it. It's level 5-1 and the difficulty is no joke

holy shit D:

edit:
yay.png

finally got par time...
i wonder if there is cake

Top Bottom