• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Muchi Muchi Pork! & Pink Sweets |OT| Region Free Yagawa, Rank, and BBW

9mo4l.jpg

Title: Muchi Muchi Pork! & Pink Sweets
Genre: Vertical Scrolling Shooter
Platform: Xbox 360
Developer: CAVE
Publisher: CAVE
Players: 1 or 2
Rating: Cero B
Release Date: February 24th, 2011 (Japan)
Official Website: http://www.cave.co.jp/gameonline/Xbox360/muchi-pink/
Price: ¥7140(Standard Edition), ¥9240(Limited Edition)​

Box Art & Limited Edition Contents
FlHO6.jpg
guulo.jpg

The Standard Edition and the Limited Edition both have the same box art. The Limited Edition contains two arranged soundtrack CDs (pictured above) totaling 31 tracks, featuring music composed by WASi303 and Kouji Hayama.​

Import Shops:
Play-Asia - SE | LE
NCSX - SE | LE
Ami Ami - SE | LE
YesAsia - SE | LE

Official Trailers:

Reviews:
CAVE-STG review of Muchi Muchi Pork! & Pink Sweets (Xbox 360)
EOJ said:
CONCLUSION

Should you buy this? Of course! The superb Matsuri version of MMP alone is worth the price of admission, and the excellent ver 1.01 modes (especially Pink Sweets 1.01) and well-done arrange modes (again, especially Pink Sweets) are great fun for score attacking or 1CCing. There are also excellent training modes included for every mode. If you’re looking for accurate ports of the Arcade versions of MMP and PS, you won’t find them here, unfortunately. So in the end, Cave has given us another Deathsmiles IIX – nice arrange modes worth the price of admission, but no love and little care put into porting the original arcade games.
CAVE-STG review of Muchi Muchi Pork! (Arcade version) - 10/10
EOJ said:
Muchi Muchi Pork! is a delight from start to finish. It is tremendously fun, in a way so pure and effortless that it does little but bring a smile to your face the more you play it. I feel no hesitation in proclaiming it to be Yagawa’s magnum opus, and a game equally accessible to newcomers and veterans alike, with diverse play modes including the tougher Manpuku and Harahara modes, along with a second loop only accessible by 1-life-ing the first loop. This is one of my favorite Cave games, and its upcoming Xbox 360 port will be a real treat.
Insomnia.ac review of Pink Sweets ~Ibara Sore Kara~ (Arcade version) - 5/5
Alex Kierkegaard said:
Pink Sweets is a sure sign that Yagawa is back for reals, and the genre is all the better for it. His second Cave title is easily the best new shooter I've played all year, and the most original game produced by Cave since Espgaluda (2003).

Famitsu - 6 / 6 / 6 / 6​

Game Modes & Screen Shots:
Muchi Muchi Pork!:
GSxOj.jpg
9o6cX.jpg
pMSca.jpg

Muchi Muchi Pork! Is a vertical shooter, developed by Cave and originally released in Japanese arcades in April of 2007. The game allows players to choose between three pig-girls: the small-chested, fast Rafute, the large-chested, medium-speed Momo and the massive-chested, slow Ikuo. Killing enemies with the regular shot produces a number of parachuting, moving pigs in the air, and a number of stationary pigs on the ground. Collecting these pigs fills the lard meter, allowing the player to use the lard attack. Enemies killed with the lard attack produce golden pig medals which, when collected, increase the player's score.
The game has five stages, and a rank system that increases difficulty when the player collects extra lives or increases his score.

Modes:
Arcade Mode
Arcade Mode 1.01 - A slightly tweaked version of Arcade Mode, making the game easier.
Arrange Mode
Cave Festival Version - Free DLC included with the first-print of both the SE and LE.

Pink Sweets ~Ibara Sore Kara~:
hlNEo.png
W0qtZ.png
ZTjK8.png

Pink Sweets ~Ibara Sore Kara~ is a vertical shooter, developed by Cave and originally released in Japanese arcades in April of 2006. It is a sequel to Ibara. The game allows players to choose between four ships piloted by the Rose sisters, the bosses from Ibara. When the player doesn't shoot, a shield forms in front of the ship and a special attack called Rose Cracker starts charging. When charged, the Rose Cracker can be fired by pressing the regular shot button. Options called Rose Hips can be collected throughout the game, and placed in five different formations.

The game has seven stages, a second loop, and a rank system that increases difficulty as the player shoots, collects items and goes long stretches without losing any lives. There's also a trick allowing players to gain infinite lives.

Modes:
Arcade Mode
Arcade Mode 1.01 - A slightly tweaked version of Arcade Mode, making the game easier.
Arrange Mode​

Strategy:
CAVE-STG has extremely detailed strategy guides for both games:
Muchi Muchi Pork! Strategy Guide (by EOJ) - http://www.cave-stg.com/forum/index.php?topic=31.0
Pink Sweets Strategy Guide (by Plasmo) - http://www.cave-stg.com/forum/index.php?topic=66.0

FAQ:
Are there any pre-order bonuses?
No. [Apparently, AmiAmi had an exclusive telephone card. Woops!] However, the first print of the SE and LE will include a DLC card that contains the Cave Festival version of Muchi Muchi Pork!, which features bosses from Pink Sweets.

Region free?
Muchi Muchi Pork & Pink Sweets was confirmed to be region-free on December 7, 2010.

This will be CAVE’s third region-free game, after Mushihime-sama Futari and Espgaluda II Black Label.

Yagawa? Who’s that?
Shinobu Yagawa is the lead programmer on both Muchi Muchi Pork! and Pink Sweets. You may have played some of his previous games, such as: Battle Garegga, Ibara, Armed Police Batrider, and Battle Bakraid.

What is rank?
Rank is an underlying game mechanic that adjusts the difficulty of the game on the fly depending on the player’s performance. For example, bullets may become faster, bullet patterns may become more dense, more enemies may appear, etc. Yagawa’s games are famous (infamous?) for their rank - especially Pink Sweets.

Will either game have HD graphics, like CAVE’s previous games?
No. Both games will retain their SD graphics from their original arcade release.​

!BONUS!
Muchi Muchi Pork: The Music Video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lkzv5JPVoro

Sources: shmups.org, cave-stg.com, andriasang.com, giantbomb.com (1), (2)

hipgnosis

Awesome OP! This game deserves a good one! Have my preorder in @ Play-Asia. Went with the Limited Edition. Might take a while to get here, but at least I have my brand new PAL copy of Deathsmiles to keep me busy.

2011 is such an awesome year for shmups.

LiK

hikarutilmitt said:
Waiting anxiously for AmiAmi to send me the email t finally pay for the game.

do you know how much they charge for shipping and if they ship in a box or bubble envelope? i preordered from NCS but AmiAmi has it for a cheaper price.

Also waiting for my Limited Edition preorder to be shipped, along with Catherine and preorder bonuses.
In the meantime, I'm playing Deathsmiles.

Tain

but these games are region-fre

It's region free, no need for a J-Xbox if you want to play this game. ;)

i was coming down off the akai katana post in the cave thread and my head was all cloudy aah

buy the shit out of this regardless and carry on

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Great OP.

I still haven't ordered this, despite being a shmup whore. Come to think of it, I have yet to buy DFK BL either. I'm so behind :(

I'll probably order this at the beginning of March.

LiK said:
do you know how much they charge for shipping and if they ship in a box or bubble envelope? i preordered from NCS but AmiAmi has it for a cheaper price.

There's a shipping page on their site that's got their shipping prices in JPY. I wish I knew how they package, though; this is my first time ordering anything from them.

Princess Skittles

Prince's's 'Skittle's
iconoclast said:
FAQ:

Are there any pre-order bonuses?
No. However, the first print of the SE and LE will include a DLC card that contains the Cave Festival version of Muchi Muchi Pork!, which features bosses from Pink Sweets.
I assume my Play-Asia pre-order will include this?

It seems much more substantial than the Futari 1.01 card I missed out on.

Damn, I slept on the intitial pre-orders and now my SE won't ship from NCSX until March 1st.

Hopefully it'll still be the "first print" with the DLC card. And yeah, I was under the impression that the bonus DLC was only for the LE. Thanks to this awesome OT, I now know that it's for all versions!

Tain

So much Yagawa this month! I've been playing and really liking DFK Black Label, which is a weird one for him given that the rank is front and center and controlling it seems really transparent. I'm sure there's more to the rank than what the meter leads on, though. Either way, I'm definitely putting the game above vanilla 1.5, and it's probably the only arrange mode that I really want to put time into.

Princess Skittles said:
I assume my Play-Asia pre-order will include this?

It seems much more substantial than the Futari 1.01 card I missed out on.
It's always a crapshoot with Play-Asia. My Deathsmiles JP had the card though.

Fantastic OP! Great job!

Haven't played either of these before so absolutely cannot wait to get stuck into them. Slightly more excited for Pink Sweets just because I have known about it for ages and always wanted to play it, but definitely hyped for MMP too.

<3 Cave, <3 NTSC-J 360!

LiK

hikarutilmitt said:
There's a shipping page on their site that's got their shipping prices in JPY. I wish I knew how they package, though; this is my first time ordering anything from them.

oh ok. i'll ask for a followup when you get it. i'll stick with NCS for now.

danmaku

The Take Out Bandit said:
I'll take it over creepy moé maids, but really - what is wrong with spaceships Cave? :|

Dodonpachi Daifukkatsu is all about spaceships
and bosses that turn into robotic girls. Gotta love Cave's delicious insanity.

My order is in "preparing" status... can't wait to play Muchi Muchi Pork! Pink Sweets doesn't look like my thing (I hated Ibara and it's the only PS2 port that I didn't buy) but I'll try it anyway. At least it doesn't have strategic suicides...

Phoenix Fang said:
The longer you wait the higher the price will end up being.
lol, no.

I'm pretty sure that Mushi Futari launched at $70ish, now thanks to the Platinum release, you can get it for about $40.

Quixzlizx

I'm mad that I forgot to preorder before today. I wonder which place is most likely to still send me a first-print copy.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
God bless region-free Cave... definitely interested in playing Muchi-Muchi, if only for that theme song that gets in your head and never lets go. Ibara wasn't much my thing sadly so I'm not too interested in Pink Sweets.

_dementia said:
lol, no.

I'm pretty sure that Mushi Futari launched at $70ish, now thanks to the Platinum release, you can get it for about $40.

I think he meant the LE (since that's the price Kulock quoted). Still, they usually don't go up in price (the Daifukkatsu LE is like $90 on ebay).

Princess Skittles

Prince's's 'Skittle's
I'm guessing it's speculation (but likely speculation), but according to Cave-STG, the MMP Bonus DLC card should be IN the DVD case and since it's in every first print game.. I don't think there should be anything to worry about.

Princess Skittles said:
I'm guessing it's speculation (but likely speculation), but according to Cave-STG, the MMP Bonus DLC card should be IN the DVD case and since it's in every first print game.. I don't think there should be anything to worry about.
That's cool if true.

Princess Skittles said:

Yeah. Diafukkatsu had a sticker on the front that says the 1.51 DLC card is included in the package. I think Futari had the same thing, but I missed out on first print DLC for that game...

Slermy

Reluctant-Hero said:
And yeah, I was under the impression that the bonus DLC was only for the LE. Thanks to this awesome OT, I now know that it's for all versions!

Ugh, so was I. It's the only reason I opted for the LE. Eh, I don't wan't to change my order now in fear of not getting the card at all.

From what I've read Pink Sweets sounds slightly less painful than banging one's head against a wall. I'm into that sort of thing sometimes.

AbsoluteZero said:
Every time a thread like this pops up I'm tempted to buy the Deathsmiles Limited Edition set...

Get it anyway. Though, if you have no need for the faceplate you can get the regular version without remorse.

hikarutilmitt said:
Get it anyway. Though, if you have no need for the faceplate you can get the regular version without remorse.

Yeah...but to be fair the faceplate is half of the reason I want the game. Only problem is that my 360 isn't oriented vertically.

Quixzlizx

For anyone interested, I called NCSX, and they have no idea whether the second shipment they're receiving will consist of the first print run or not.

Top Bottom