• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Muchi Muchi Pork! & Pink Sweets |OT| Region Free Yagawa, Rank, and BBW

JEKKI

I gave a playthru on each of the games.

omg very hard, I credit fed them waaaaaaay more than any other Cave game I played on my first time.

they also both feel very different from all the other Cave stuff I played, but reading the reviews in the OP I understand why... I definitely needa check out Battle Garegga one day.

the scoring systems seem simple, but the games are so hard that there's definitely a lot I still needa learn

C-Jo

I've only played through Muchi Muchi Pork so far, and yeah, it's pretty freakin' hard. I'm enjoying it though, the art is pretty out there.

depths20XX said:
Deathsmiles (Black Label DLC)
Deathsmiles II
Mushi Futari 1.5 (Black label DLC) (region free)
Dodonpachi Daioujou Black Label
Ketsui EXTRA
Dodonpachi DFK (Black Label DLC)
Dodonpachi DFK Black Label retail with Ketsui mode
Espgaluda II Black Label (SE region free)
Guwange XBLA
Pink Sweets/Muchi Muchi Pork (region free)
Akai Katana (sometime this year)

Awesome. I plan on buying each and every one, it's a project of mine to have all this Cave 360 goodness.

What's the difference between DDP DFK and DFK with Ketsui mode? If I just get the version with Ketsui mode, is that include everything that vanilla DFK offers, but more? In other words, is there a point to owning both?

Also how is the Ketsui port? I've heard bad things about DDP Daioujou, and I know that port is by the same people.

Also what is the best way to play these games? I have an old HD CRT that I think the non-HD games like MMP/PS and Guwange would look best on, and an LCD to use for the games with high res assets. Or I may just use the HD CRT for everything since I can tate it. What do you think?

Tain

Arpharmd B said:
Awesome. I plan on buying each and every one, it's a project of mine to have all this Cave 360 goodness.

What's the difference between DDP DFK and DFK with Ketsui mode? If I just get the version with Ketsui mode, is that include everything that vanilla DFK offers, but more? In other words, is there a point to owning both?

DDP DFK 1.5 is the original game, which has the Black Label release as separate DLC. Black Label is vastly different from the original game. I like it more (like, at the moment, a lot more), and that usually doesn't happen with Cave arrange modes/black labels! The other disc has ONLY that DLC version, as well as the Ketsui-based bonus mode. So, yeah, the version with the Ketsui arrange mode does not contain the original game. If you really want everything, get both. I don't think I'd care about the Ketsui mode, so I got vanilla and bought the DLC.

Also how is the Ketsui port? I've heard bad things about DDP Daioujou, and I know that port is by the same people.

The 5pb Ketsui port is really fuckin' good. Don't worry at all about it; it might be the most accurate of all the 360 ports. The Daioujou port gets a bit of a bad rap, as the Black Label portion is actually pretty good.

Also what is the best way to play these games? I have an old HD CRT that I think the non-HD games like MMP/PS and Guwange would look best on, and an LCD to use for the games with high res assets. Or I may just use the HD CRT for everything since I can tate it. What do you think?

Well, no matter what, you'll be running through the 360, which means the games will be upscaled. CRTs in this case will only help by adding that natural CRT blur. Use whatever you can rotate that has the least amount of input delay and is in a position for you to get your face and your joystick all up in.

Wow, I completely misunderstood MMP's scoring system when I played it earlier. Now that I know what I'm doing, I fucking LOVE it. This is quickly becoming one my favorite Cave scoring systems, right up there with Ketsui and Death Smiles. So fun.

MMP is so god damn good.

naoki5001

depths20XX said:
Really? Are you sure it's not because you're restarting or something? Do you get to the enter initials screen?

danmaku said:
Not here. I can see my high scores, but I can't enter the initials! All my scores are by "V01" in both games.

I got the local scores issue taken care of. Oversight on my part. But yes, there's no initials screen here.

danmaku

Yeah, it's great. It's the Raizing medal system mixed with Ikeda's "fill a counter then unleash hell" system. And being able to automatically suck in all the medals on screen makes much easier to keep your chain than in Garegga or Ibara. I still don't know the difference between MMP 1.00 and 1.01.

I noticed that sometimes the lard meter suddendly drops to 0, even when I thought I had a lot of bar left. Maybe switching to A shot to pick up the medals resets the meter?

Yes Boss!

Yep, patch works well enough. I was a bit concerned assuming Pink Sweets was gonna be similar...but Guwange looks fanrastic on a tated CRT post patch. Planning on playing this week's new release like that exclusively. Gonna be a little bit of a chore with the elaborate menus but once started will work great.

depths20XX

Arpharmd B said:

Ketsui port is one of my favorite Cave ports along with Futari. Near zero loading times and it plays great. I'd say best way to play is definetly through a tated CRT. Set the 360 to the lowest resolution and the games look great, even the high res ones.

Finally made it to stage 4 in Pink Sweets... Game's still pretty hard, even though I'm playing v1.01. Managed a 3.1 million score too - I've been trying to break 2 million and get to stage 4 for the past 10+ credits, so I'm glad I finally made some progress.

Both of these games are so awesome. I just wish this port had as many options as the rest of Cave's games. Everything just feels kinda bare bones.

depths20XX

That version 1.01 of sweets actually sounds like something I could get into. I've never been good at yagawa games, except bakraid

hipgnosis

LiK said:
Sorry if I missed it, does the DLC card work with US store?
Apparently it doesn't work in US or European accounts, you actually need a j-account to redeem it. Kinda weird since Futari 1.01 could be redeemed with any account. I don't own the game yet, but people at shmups.com are reporting this.

LiK

hipgnosis said:
Apparently it doesn't work in US or European accounts, you actually need a j-account to redeem it. Kinda weird since Futari 1.01 could be redeemed with any account. I don't own the game yet, but people at shmups.com are reporting this.
Ah, thanks. I have a Jpn account so no problem there. I can still use the DLC under my US account tho right? I'll go check out Shmups.com.

The DLC card doesn't work on US accounts. Gotta redeem it with a Japanese one. I'm surprised it's not just an unlock key too, it's real DLC (12.18 MB).

Also, I just want to reiterate: Muchi Muchi Pork is amazing. It's already in my top 5 Cave games. I love it.

LiK

iconoclast said:
The DLC card doesn't work on US accounts. Gotta redeem it with a Japanese one. I'm surprised it's not just an unlock key too, it's real DLC (12.18 MB).

Also, I just want to reiterate: Muchi Muchi Pork is amazing. It's already in my top 5 Cave games. I love it.
But if I play the game under my US account, the DLC will work right? Please say yes...

LiK said:
But if I play the game under my US account, the DLC will work right? Please say yes...

I remember reading you need to sign in with the JPN account on a second controller to get it to recognise DLC. Was a while ago I read that though.

LiK

ok, found this at Shmups.com forums:

"Gotta do up a Japanese account to redeem it, then you can play it in your American one."

THANK GAWD.

LiK said:

Yeah, it works fine.

DeadRockstar said:
I remember reading you need to sign in with the JPN account on a second controller to get it to recognise DLC. Was a while ago I read that though.

I think you would only need to do this if your Xbox dies and you don't transfer the licenses to your new console.

LiK

Princess Skittles said:
Buhwhat? That's a shame.

I don't have a Japanese account, how hard is it to make one?

Slightly more annoying than a Jpn PSN account but not hard. There are many guides on how to make one.

Princess Skittles

Prince's's 'Skittle's
Do you think it's possible that they just forgot to add it to the US marketplace and that they could add it and have the DLC codes still work?

I probably wouldn't mind the workaround, but if I ever change over to a Slim (J-Slim?) I'd still like everything tied to my one account for transfer purposes.

That almost seems likely, since the DLC card isn't much different from the 1.01 on Futari. I've got a Japanese account if I need to use it, but it seems a little odd.

Actually, was the code tried on both the system and the site?

Princess Skittles said:
Well I've got Play-Asia shipping to wait through to see if something changes on it.
Don't worry, I'm still waiting NCSX's next shipment which arrives sometime next week. Then I've got another week's wait due to UPS ground shipping to California. I bet we'll both get our copies around the same time.

depths20XX

Mine hasn't shipped from NCSX either. Supposed to be getting it with DFK Black Label.

Maybe I wasn't in that first 80% of shipments

Yes Boss!

Mine is bad too. NCSX ships to New York City, then the government ships it to Frankfurt, then it gets trucked to my location in southern Bavaria. Local heavy snow slows everything down. I've been lucky and gotten priority packages in a week but sometimes they take 15 days. Hopefully I'll be playing by next weekend.

Dying to play Pink Sweets.

Princess Skittles

Prince's's 'Skittle's
_dementia said:
curse our cheap asses :(

I wonder which one of us gets it sooner.
Heh, it was a no-brainer buying this, but at $80, anything to put the cost up any more was slightly horrifying.

Reluctant-Hero said:
Don't worry, I'm still waiting NCSX's next shipment which arrives sometime next week. Then I've got another week's wait due to UPS ground shipping to California. I bet we'll both get our copies around the same time.
How is NCSX these days? I stopped buying from them so long ago because I received two or three GBA games squished because they shipped cardboard box games in envelopes (and I hated how expensive UPS Ground shipping was for how slow it was).

I feel sorry for you guys having to wait potentially weeks to get it. I'm biting my nails tracking my EMS package from AmiAmi, and it got into customs in Chicago this morning at 11am. I'm hoping they don't hold it for too long, I'd like for it to maybe get to me tomorrow.

Some of these thread titles are getting ridiculous. I mean I do appreciate BBWs and Dick-Tits from time to time but what is this i dont even

Tain

just got my muchi pink pork sweets pink pork pack booyah

The Lamonster said:
Some of these thread titles are getting ridiculous. I mean I do appreciate BBWs and Dick-Tits from time to time but what is this i dont even

you missin' out man

Princess Skittles

Prince's's 'Skittle's
The Lamonster said:
I can't speak for Bulletstorm, but Muchi-Muchi Pork prominently feature chubby girls as main characters.

The Lamonster said:
I think embarrassing thread titles come with territory of embarrassing in-game content

depths20XX

Tain said:
this is seriously the most embarrassing videogame box i have

I wish the BBW's were chained up on the box cover like in the OP pic.

Deathsmiles box art is definetly more embarassing

Tain

_dementia said:
This really surpasses Deathsmiles?

Though, I suppose you would have the J-version.

Nah, I got the US Deathsmiles, I just forgot about it since it's not by my J360.

yeah that one wins.

LiK

Princess Skittles said:
Heh, it was a no-brainer buying this, but at $80, anything to put the cost up any more was slightly horrifying.

How is NCSX these days? I stopped buying from them so long ago because I received two or three GBA games squished because they shipped cardboard box games in envelopes (and I hated how expensive UPS Ground shipping was for how slow it was).
NCSX still great for me. I recommend that if you want them to ship any game in a box, Just request it in the comments box. They'll listen. I love buying from NCS but not a fan of some of the price increases lately.

Ryn

Just played a credit of each. Such cute games! I wish I could play more but Tain's hogging the game, so I think I'm just gonna go make those cut out parachute piggies.

Edit:

2moe993.jpg

=)

Tain said:
this is seriously the most embarrassing videogame box i have

Mine would either be DS for the aforementioned tagline or the Oneechanbara Vortex box just because... well, yeah. And I have Love*Smash Tennis 5.1 on PS2!

Top Bottom