• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Muchi Muchi Pork! & Pink Sweets |OT| Region Free Yagawa, Rank, and BBW

Yes Boss!

Almost every single upcoming release is region-free. The few XBLA titles, Eschatos, Bullet Soul, Mamoru-kun, DS iOS. Pretty awesome. Even the new Otomedius is getting a NA release.

Akai Katana gets the shaft but that will be picked up, probably.

My conclusion is that this collection is 1000-able.

AST999 has the "kill all enemies in Stage 6" and TaitoAPlan has the Pink Sweets Harder clear achievement. The latter has a pretty goddamn amazing replay up on the Harder leaderboards which is useful for reference. Note that the only reason Harder is clearable are the changes made to the game in 1.01, where you can deploy even a slightly-charged Rose Cracker at any time to save yourself. This game would be a nightmare on 1.00.

Normally we don't see people getting the super-hard achievements for months with CAVE releases, but people focused _only_ on these achievements have gotten them within a week and a half or so, so with practice I think the rest of us can at least get close.

tearsofash

Been playing this for the last few days. I really enjoy MMP Arrange because of how it treats combos. Not sure how I feel about Pink Sweets yet. It's definitely harder.

I noticed there's a bar that ramps up the difficulty the better you play. I've never noticed anything like that before. Is that sort of thing in other Cave games, but without an actual bar?

LiK

Anyway to get rid of the difficulty bar or can i just move it totally offscreen? i know its meant to be gameplay related but the inability to toggle it off and on ruins my wallpaper visuals. :p

Tain

tearsofash said:
Been playing this for the last few days. I really enjoy MMP Arrange because of how it treats combos. Not sure how I feel about Pink Sweets yet. It's definitely harder.

I noticed there's a bar that ramps up the difficulty the better you play. I've never noticed anything like that before. Is that sort of thing in other Cave games, but without an actual bar?

Generally no. While there are a handful of Cave games that do it, only these two and Ibara do it to this degree. You pretty much never think about it in the others.

Also, you can move or hide the bars in screen settings.

depths20XX

Finally got some time to put into these games.

Mostly been playing Pork. Seems really fun and looks great. Has the possibility to become one of my favorite Cave games.

Only did a little bit of Pink Sweets arrange but wasn't too sure on how I should be playing it. I'll need to look into how it's played for score.

Got my copy in the post today. Opened it up to find the spindle had snapped in the post and the disc was scratched to hell as a result. Seems to play fine, but much shouting ensued. Oh the joys of import videogames.

Strummerjones said:
Got my copy in the post today. Opened it up to find the spindle had snapped in the post and the disc was scratched to hell as a result. Seems to play fine, but much shouting ensued. Oh the joys of import videogames.

Ouch that really sucks.

Last time something like that happened for me was the famous Halo 3 launch. Shitty packaging and the Gamestop employee acting like a monkey with my Copy meant a scratched to hell disc. I made him open 3 seperate copies looking for one without scratches and I eventually settled on a mildly scratched one :/. I've never seen a broken spindle on a green 360 case though.

LiK said:
Anyway to get rid of the difficulty bar or can i just move it totally offscreen? i know its meant to be gameplay related but the inability to toggle it off and on ruins my wallpaper visuals. :p

Yes you can move the bar around, but there is also a button that greys it out, which means that it is invisible. Fiddle around a bit in the screen set up and you'll find it.

danmaku

Finally reached the stage 4 boss in MMP with Rafute. The game is certainly easier with her, even if I can't tell exactly why. Maybe it's her lock-on lard attack. Score was a little less than 60 million points, I looove those golden piggy medals.

I never do well when I play with Rafute for whatever reason. Never made it past stage 4 with her, but I've been to the final boss a few times with Momo. I nearly killed him today too; I got to the final phase, but of course I choked.

I really need to hit up training mode and practice the stage 4 and 5 bosses. Or watch some replays and hopefully pick up some patterns or tricks.

Never mind that previous post, I just cleared the first loop of Muchi Muchi Pork with Rafute!

I made it to the final boss with 3 or 4 lives in stock and blew right through him (literally - I used like 8 bombs). Made it through 2-1 with a couple deaths, then I blew it on 2-2. Died a bunch to shit I wasn't prepared for, although I almost took the second boss down. I put a 145m replay up if anyone wants to check out some average skillz (currently ranked #17). :D

iconoclast said:
Never mind that previous post, I just cleared the first loop of Muchi Muchi Pork with Rafute!

I made it to the final boss with 3 or 4 lives in stock and blew right through him (literally - I used like 8 bombs). Made it through 2-1 with a couple deaths, then I blew it on 2-2. Died a bunch to shit I wasn't prepared for, although I almost took the second boss down. I put a 145m replay up if anyone wants to check out some average skillz (currently ranked #17). :D

Congrats on the clear man.

If you had that many lives on the boss, how many remains did you have going into Stage 5? Sounds like you figured that Stage 4 boss out pretty well.

I think I had three extra lives at the start of stage 5. I didn't really figure out how to deal with any of their hard patterns, I just had more lives than I usually do so I just bombed them and made up for my lost lives with extends. lol

I was just getting to grips with Muchi Muchi Pork and then I played Pink Sweets. Seriously, WTF @ that difficulty? :/ Stage 5, 6 and 7 were literally die, spawn, die, spawn, die, continue...

LiK

JustAnotherOtaku said:
I was just getting to grips with Muchi Muchi Pork and then I played Pink Sweets. Seriously, WTF @ that difficulty? :/ Stage 5, 6 and 7 were literally die, spawn, die, spawn, die, continue...
Pink Sweets Stage 5 has my favorite music track and yea, its literally a death trap. The stage is insanely long and enemies come from everywhere. Absorbing the shots without all roses is impossible. I need to watch a pro play that stage cuz its impossible.

hipgnosis

LiK said:
Pink Sweets Stage 5 has my favorite music track
I've been listening the soundtrack a lot and I agree, it is one of the best CAVE tracks.

Still waiting my copy. The wait is getting horrible! :D I swear this is the last time I order from Play-Asia. Hope it shows up for the weekend.

hipgnosis

Finally my copy arrived! Tried both of the games and I gotta say I absolutely love them both. Pink Sweets seemed to grab me more which was a bit unexpected since I was more hyped for Pork. The graphics are perfectly fine too, at least when the smoothing is turned off. So glad this package ended up being region free.

Anyways gonna grab some beer and play both of them for the whole evening. The weather is pretty terrible where I live so I figured I could just stay home and enjoy some quality gaming time.

Tain

Fiiinally got to the second loop in Muchi! Got to 2-2 today and doubled my score.

It's annoying that the stage 4 boss in this port is way harder than the original, seems like it throws the difficulty curve a bit out of whack.

Either way, this game is fucking great. The B button laser and all of its uses are perfectly thought out and designed around. I'd praise more but I'm too lazy to crosspost. :x

angelfly

Just got the game and immediately went to Pink Sweets. Regardless of the insane difficulty its music is just...lovely. Going to run through MMP later on tonight.

angelfly said:
Just got the game and immediately went to Pink Sweets. Regardless of the insane difficulty its music is just...lovely. Going to run through MMP later on tonight.

Yup, the music is great in Pink Sweets. MMP has some nice tracks too, but overall I'd say Pink Sweets has one of my favourite Cave OST's.

Checked the OP but didn't see it, but what's the DLC code included with the LE good for?

I may not use it in the event I want to re-sell the game down the road.

Thanks.

The Take Out Bandit said:
Checked the OP but didn't see it, but what's the DLC code included with the LE good for?

I may not use it in the event I want to re-sell the game down the road.

Thanks.

It came with the first print run (not just the LE) and gives you Matsuri mode for MMP.

conman

My copy just arrived today. Haven't had much time to play, but so far an impressive package. At first blush, Pink Sweets seems more my speed. More difficult, but I like the feel and look much better.

Risette

A Good Citizen
Do all LEs come with the DLC card? I want to get this while it's on sale at Amiami but I want the DLC. I'm assuming that all LEs are first print only?

Baron

NCS is listing the game as sold out for now, as opposed to any restocks incoming like they did before. I wonder if the game really is sold out?

I ordered a copy from Play-Asia last week and it finally shipped today. Should be here tomorrow! If anyone wants to, please add me as a friend - I love to compare high scores, though mine will likely be woefully pitiful for these games.

My gamertag is "indigentia".

MjFrancis

NCSX is out? How's Play-Asia (can't view from work)? If it's completely out, Muchi Muchi Pork! & Pink Sweets sold out fast. Barely over two months since February 24th until retail shelves are empty is pretty quick, and any given Cave title's retail rarity is once again firmly established. Day one or bust.

Well, day one or pay a collector top dollar.

LiK

MjFrancis said:
NCSX is out? How's Play-Asia (can't view from work)? If it's completely out, Muchi Muchi Pork! & Pink Sweets sold out fast. Barely over two months since February 24th until retail shelves are empty is pretty quick, and any given Cave title's retail rarity is once again firmly established. Day one or bust.

Well, day one or pay a collector top dollar.
Check AmiAmi

Jucksalbe

Banned
Baron said:
If anyone wants to, please add me as a friend - I love to compare high scores, though mine will likely be woefully pitiful for these games.

Sent you a friend request. I just received my copy yesterday.

Slightly related, I'm wondering what the heck is up with the Espgaluda II platinum release. Play-asia says it's been released, but ships within a week, NCS shows it as shipping 3-5 days and Amiami doesn't even list it anymore when searching.

Did it get delayed or were there just REALLY low shipments?

LiK

hikarutilmitt said:
Slightly related, I'm wondering what the heck is up with the Espgaluda II platinum release. Play-asia says it's been released, but ships within a week, NCS shows it as shipping 3-5 days and Amiami doesn't even list it anymore when searching.

Did it get delayed or were there just REALLY low shipments?
My guess is low shipments.

MjFrancis

LiK said:
Check AmiAmi
I've actually got my copies already, but thanks! The situation was only validating my preorder decisions. I haven't played either title yet, but I'll be damned if these games don't kick my ass and lay me to waste. I have to be mentally prepared for bullet hell punishment.

LiK

MjFrancis said:
I've actually got my copies already, but thanks! The situation was only validating my preorder decisions. I haven't played either title yet, but I'll be damned if these games don't kick my ass and lay me to waste. I have to be mentally prepared for bullet hell punishment.
MMP ain't bad but Pink Sweets is brutal. Not too bad once you figure out the boss patterns but the stages are insane. I died so much in PS. XD

shaowebb

Got this and my first run through each was great. Got some serious time in late tonight after some college on both and finally had a chance to get deeper into Pink Sweets.

Like the man says, Arrange felt amazing. Hilariously enough my first run on Pink Sweets a week ago involved me not actually knowing that tapping B changed your Rose hip formation so they could do important things like fire to the side or behind you. I also didn't know tapping shot filled things quicker yet. Now that I've actually had a chance to read through some translated controls and watch some vids Pink Sweets feels amazing in its rhythm. The Stage 4 boss does special things to me considering how deliciously you can strip it for gold to build your score.

Superb game. Shasta Rose is my main of choice so far.

Muchi Pork is equally fun with its rhythm of pop shotting the lard and collecting all the gold quickly in order to max out the gold quick. Since all the gold on screen will be the same value if you can use shot to get lard for the lard shot and then pop shot an enemy or so with the lard shot you can quickly max out the point value on gold in any level. After that go crazy and get that loot. Im still trying to figure out some tactics vs the bosses...seems they die too quickly to farm for gold. Plus getting used to the fact that things only get sucked in when changing shots not when holding one is new to me. First game I've ever tried to suicide in for bombs. You net sooooo many goodies off a bomb in this game.

"Short Loin" Ikuo Katakuchi is my go to for now. I dig how her shot formations work a lot.

Sad I missed out on this years ago, but Im in it now and its truly a great experience.

danmaku

Welcome to the club :)

I never played PS in depth, but MMP is awesome and well worth the price of the compilation.

shaowebb

Welcome to the club :)

I never played PS in depth, but MMP is awesome and well worth the price of the compilation.

Yeah, I just found out today from folks in the Cave thread I can select my ship in Pink Sweets arcade and depending on whether I hit A, B or A+B I get a different shot patter for my ship. Gonna have to run through each character and see who I like best. So far Shasta A type is awesome.

Is suiciding for more rosehips a tactic in Pink Sweets since you dont lose score for it? I cant figure out the 1up system or the Rose Hip system in that game as I dont know how to spawn more lives or Rose Hips to stock yet.

danmaku

Maybe you're confusing PS with MMP? Rose Hips are the rose-shaped options around your ship, you get them by destroying enemies and you can only have 2 of them (in v1.00) and 3 in v1.01.

Suicide is useless in PS, it lowers rank but only by a small bit and after a few seconds you'll be back at the previous value (try enabling the rank bar in the options and look at it while you play).

As for extra lives, you can't get them with points, another reason why suicide is bad. Here are all the extra lives you can get (from Plasmo's guide):

1 Up: There are three ways to get a 1 Up item:
1) Let one of the big tanks roll over a standing tank. This is possible in Stage 3 and twice in Stage 7. Damage the wheels of the first tank and then let the second one roll over it.
2) Destroy all 12 towers in Stage 5. The 1 Up item is in the last one if done correctly.
3) There is an invisible counter that goes +1 if you destroy an enemy or a type 3 bullet with Shot and goes -1 if you destroy them with your Rose Cracker. Everytime the counter reaches 2500 a 1 Up item will appear and the counter resets. It doesn't affect the counter at all, if you destroy an enemy with your Rose Hips.

Top Bottom