• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Muchi Muchi Pork! & Pink Sweets |OT| Region Free Yagawa, Rank, and BBW

CAVE343

Nice! More CAVE love :)
I still need to get into DFK BL but Muchi looks so good. Can't wait till it arrives

Awesome that it's region free too!

Quixzlizx said:
For anyone interested, I called NCSX, and they have no idea whether the second shipment they're receiving will consist of the first print run or not.
Thanks for the update. I do have a JP XBL account, but I can't navigate it in Japanese to save my life. Hopefully that second shipment will still be the first print just for the convenience of having the DLC code.

If not, I'll finally cave and buy those JP MS points I've been to get for that black label DLC...

LiK

Reluctant-Hero said:
Thanks for the update. I do have a JP XBL account, but I can't navigate it in Japanese to save my life. Hopefully that second shipment will still be the first print just for the convenience of having the DLC code.

If not, I'll finally cave and buy those JP MS points I've been to get for that black label DLC...
Boosh!

Daigoro

damn, i shouldve pre-ordered. ive been sleeping on this one big time.

oh well dont really care if i miss out on the card. need to pick this one up soon anyways.

Played some Pink Sweets in the arcade last night to get ready.

Um, let me put it this way. Pink Sweets is Mushihimesama Ultra level hard, like ridiculous insta-death hard.

The attractions here will probably be Muchi Muchi Pork and the two arrange modes. Playing the arcade mode of Pink Sweets may cause you to question your life decisions. :/

depths20XX

Definatly looking forward to the pork.

I'm not expecting to like Pink Sweets as I wasn't that into Ibara. Who knows though.

.la1n

Got my email today from play-asia. We'll see if they can deliver in under 3 weeks this go around.

Damn I was hoping to be the first to post that P-A notified my copy was shipped.

Also due to my prayers being answered I've decided to give up eating pork.

Daigoro

adversesolutions said:
Played some Pink Sweets in the arcade last night to get ready.

Um, let me put it this way. Pink Sweets is Mushihimesama Ultra level hard, like ridiculous insta-death hard.

The attractions here will probably be Muchi Muchi Pork and the two arrange modes. Playing the arcade mode of Pink Sweets may cause you to question your life decisions. :/

damn. sounds rough.

_dementia said:
Heh, I'm reading through the old arcade announcement thread and facepalming at some of the posts. Especially mine :/

:)

tearsofash

adversesolutions said:

I've read that Pink Sweets is very similar to Raizing games. I've never played any Raizing games, so I figured there would be a learning curve. After that, I'm not so sure if there will be anything to learn - just many deaths.

Is it possible you were trying to play it like a regular Cave game and not like a Raizing game?

Raizing games have insane difficulty curves, especially if you attempt to learn/control the Rank system.

In order of difficulty(in terms of pick-up and play) I'd say:

Easiest - Battle Bakraid(real easy to play for survival)
Mahou 1 & 2 (The second game is a bit of an odd bird since it's part racing but both titles are fairly early and still manageable)
Armored Police Batrider(Some characters have it pretty easy so you can focus on dodging)
Battle Garegga(Isn't too bad for most of the game, once you hit Blackhawk and onward the rank catches up and kicks your ass though)
Hardest - Dimahoo(Good freaking lord this game is rough. Have fun!)

Unranked - Ibara and Brave Blade(haven't played them)

From what I hear Pink Sweets kicks Dimahoo in the nuts so whoo boy.

As far as difficulty if you actually want a highscore? Yikes
They're all painful in their own special ways. Best to look up some guides or something.

--------
Haha!

From the MMP announcement thread:

Bebpo said:
Sorta excited, but since we're still about 3 games behind on the home ports (ie, the only way those of us not in Japan can play them), it's not like I'll actually be able to play the game in the next 4 years, so it's hard to get excited. :(
=)

How accessable are these games? I've been able to beat Deathsmiles and Mushi Futari BL, but it's probably gonna be a long time before I can beat something like Espgaluda 2. Difficulty wise, how do these two games fall as far as overall "Cave" difficulty?

Tain

It's hard to compare them, I'd assume, due to them being Yagawa-developed and with more of a focus on rank control than "normal" Cave games.

FWIW, I've heard that MMP is easy if you don't push it for score, and Pink Sweets is rough regardless. You'll see some of this backed up in this very thread!

Phoenix Fang said:
Just received my payment confirmation from Amiami. Should be here in a couple of weeks hopefully

Got mine to this morning. Paid for and now waiting for it to ship, haha.

Honestly, $110 (stupid PayPal conversions) for the LE shipped with EMS is much better than $120+ before paying for shipping.

depths20XX

Ordered through NCSX

They usually get it to me before the weekend so hoping they're good again.

Something to play between MvC3 sessions.

naoki5001

Went out and got it today in-store. DLC paper packed in the case just like DoDonPachi DFK 1.5. Limited Edition looks like the same Cave LE cardboard outer box with CD and game case inside. When I went to buy it, the store had just received the game so they were behind the counter and I couldn't see if there was any difference between LE and SE boxarts since they were facing out from the spine.

DSC02099.jpg

DSC02100.jpg

DSC02101.jpg

Edited with pictures.

Tain

NCS shipping today. I should get it tomorrow.

Ordered through NCSX

They usually get it to me before the weekend so hoping they're good again.

Same here, just got my confirmation. Man, I really hope I get it by Friday. It'll be here Monday at the latest.

naoki5001

One thing I noticed while playing Muchi Muchi Pork tonight...and something that the screen shots in the original post also show:

the high score is stuck at 1,000,000 points. It's easy to exceed this amount very quickly, but the high score never changes while playing or if you game over. :/

Local leaderboards are all default after playing showing none of my high scores. But the online leaderboards are already listed with users today.

Nice to see that the final box art is indeed the ones without the names vertically. I didn't care for that from an aesthetic point of view.

AmiAmi shipped mine this morning/last night,, so here's to hoping it shows up Saturday (like I usually get EMS packages).

depths20XX

naoki5001 said:
One thing I noticed while playing Muchi Muchi Pork tonight...and something that the screen shots in the original post also show:

the high score is stuck at 1,000,000 points. It's easy to exceed this amount very quickly, but the high score never changes while playing or if you game over. :/

Local leaderboards are all default after playing showing none of my high scores. But the online leaderboards are already listed with users today.

Really? Are you sure it's not because you're restarting or something? Do you get to the enter initials screen?

Just got my LE from NCSX. Played my first credit of MMP and died on the stage 3 boss... Didn't really know what I was doing, but it was fun. I like how they show the rank on the side of the screen. It's like you can tell exactly how much Yagawa hates you.

Gonna try Pink Sweets in a minute. I am not prepared.

_dementia said:
I'm looking forward to more impressions.

Same here. I couldn't say no to £48 from Yes asia but it'll take ages to get here so impressions are all I've got 'til then.

Also for those who want to see the glossy LE, Play Asia updated the product page for the LE with a legit pic. Shame the art is identical, but it's still nice.

The leaderboards for this game seem kinda weird. I don't think they separate version 1.0 and 1.01 scores for Arcade mode. I can't read any of this so I'm not 100% sure, but I can't find a way to toggle them anyway.

Tain

augh man, snow storms supposedly coming here tonight, possible delayed shipment nooo~

Visual options are supposedly pretty similar to Guwange.

Yes Boss!

Yeah, this one will look pretty chunky on an HDTV or too blurry with smoothing on. Still better than nothing but I wish they would farm some more titles out to M2.

Princess Skittles

Prince's's 'Skittle's
Yes Boss! said:
Yeah, this one will look pretty chunky on an HDTV or too blurry with smoothing on. Still better than nothing but I wish they would farm some more titles out to M2.
Nothing wrong with chunky pixels.

Damn another stg for the 360. I really need to get caught up! Does anyone have a complete list of all the Cave - STG releases thus for for 360? I only own Death Smiles, but I want to have a complete set of everything they've released thus far on 360 and Iphone.

Who knew the 360 would end up having one of the best STG lineups ever.

danmaku

naoki5001 said:

Not here. I can see my high scores, but I can't enter the initials! All my scores are by "V01" in both games.

Anyway, I played some credits in MMP and Pink Sweets:

- both games look nice, though quite pixelated. It's a shame they didn't get the HD treatment, as the art is very good. Pink Sweets has some hilarious italian titles for its songs ("verde di circostanza"? lol).

- MMP is great, as I expected. It's kind of a cross between Cave and Raizing styles. Ranking, weapons and bullet patterns are classic Raizing, while the scoring system looks like something designed by Ikeda. The visual style is so crazy you can't help but laugh.

- Pink Sweets is... well... bizarre. There's no bomb button, your bomb charges when you don't shoot, and there's a second button to shoot with the pods. I don't know exactly how the various power-ups work, but there are medals, like in Ibara and Garegga. The rank is downright brutal: even when the bar is at 1/4 the screen is overflooded with bullets. I can't even imagine how hard can it be at maximum rank! It goes down when you die, but only by a small fraction.

LiK

Yes Boss! said:
Too much pork and sweets. ;)

ghibli99

Damn, never thought I'd see the day where I was actually falling behind on all the shooter releases. Between the 360 retail/XBLA and iOS games, I have more shooters than I know what to do with! So awesome! :D

depths20XX

Arpharmd B said:
Damn another stg for the 360. I really need to get caught up! Does anyone have a complete list of all the Cave - STG releases thus for for 360? I only own Death Smiles, but I want to have a complete set of everything they've released thus far on 360 and Iphone.

Who knew the 360 would end up having one of the best STG lineups ever.

Deathsmiles (Black Label DLC)
Deathsmiles II
Mushi Futari 1.5 (Black label DLC) (region free)
Dodonpachi Daioujou Black Label
Ketsui EXTRA
Dodonpachi DFK (Black Label DLC)
Dodonpachi DFK Black Label retail with Ketsui mode
Espgaluda II Black Label (SE region free)
Guwange XBLA
Pink Sweets/Muchi Muchi Pork (region free)
Akai Katana (sometime this year)

depths20XX said:
Deathsmiles (Black Label DLC)
Deathsmiles II
Mushi Futari 1.5 (Black label DLC) (region free)
Dodonpachi Daioujou Black Label
Ketsui EXTRA
Dodonpachi DFK (Black Label DLC)
Dodonpachi DFK Black Label retail with Ketsui mode
Espgaluda II Black Label (SE region free)
Guwange XBLA
Pink Sweets/Muchi Muchi Pork (region free)
Akai Katana (sometime this year)
Nice list. Too bad my wife would flip out if I bought a JP '360. I'll just stick to the region free, domestic, iPhone and XBLA goodness.

I'm really surprised by how much I'm liking Pink Sweets (playing v1.01), since I wasn't a big Ibara fan. Muchi Muchi Pork is fun as well, but the chaining/scoring is busting my balls. I can barely ever get up to the 10,000 point medals. :(

Wish I could play more today, but I am dead tired and need some sleep. I'm pretty happy with both games so far though.

PS. The arranged soundtracks are great.

Top Bottom