• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mufasa: The Lion King | Teaser Trailer

xandaca

Is the voice of Scar as a cub AI-generated? The way it says 'But Dad[...]' in 'But Dad, I saved his life' is so wildly unnatural I find it hard to imagine a person would deliver it that way, or anyone directing an actor would let it pass. There's also weird stuff like the line 'I always wanted a brother' being twice repeated on the soundtrack - a strange, isolated lyric for a song - after it is delivered in the trailer. Yes, I know trailers use early takes and cut up lines and songs for artistic (cough) effect in trailers but there are so many bits in this trailer which feel uncanny, the aforementioned two just being the most pronounced, there's something very artificial and creepy about it even without taking into account the ungodly visuals.

Last edited:

E-Cat

the fact people actually think this is live action just shows the ignorance people have regarding VFX. The problem isn't they are going cgi. The problem is the choice of art direction. By going for a photo realism aesthetic, they immediately limited themselves the range of emotions the characters can express without going to uncanny valley. Animals in real life don't have human like expressions, whereas in the 94 film, all the characters have very exaggerated human like expressions.
Forget VFX, it’s ignorance on the basic directability of wild animals

Top Bottom