• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My handhelds are slowing die even without much use

The only thing that‘s really bad if it breaks are DSs, even today in 2024 nothing plays DS games as good as original hardware. The other platforms, well, it‘s nice to play on them, bur for playing games you don‘t really need the devices as they can be easily emulated.
3ds plays ds as well as the original hw

Nitty_Grimes

Made a crappy phPBB forum once ... once.
I hope the Steam Deck 2 is released before the battery wears out.
My PSVita battery went all fat and bowed out the shell.
I removed the battery and took it to BestBuy and put it in the battery disposal box.
I still have the Vita though I don't know if it works. Plugging it in with no battery doesn't do anything.
How old was your Vita? I still have and use my launch day Vita and never had any battery swelling.

Crayon

Ice got a Gameboy color, maybe a pocket, and an advance so but I haven't tried them in a long time. I do have a neo Geo Pocket, wonderswan, and lynx that i play regularly and those work perfect after replacing the lcds.

Anyway, that sucks! I found at least one place online that does retro console refurbs. I can't remember specifically, but I was looking into some preventative maintenance and the price wasn't crazy.

Top Bottom