• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony FiM Community |OT| We will love and tolerate the SHIT outta you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

tiff

Banned
AdawgDaFAB said:
I'm not sure how many people here have it, but I have a circle with 11 so far:
Pankaks, Myke, Panda, 36, Shanadeus, Thnik, Carek, Bak, EllisKim, Negator and Firehead.
I have one.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Corran Horn said:
planetoftheapes_1.jpg

Ponies are invading your life Corran, it's only a matter of time.

d09HEl.jpg

Narag

I'm still waiting for you and Panda to finally corrupt enlighten Yoshichan. He's had a few close calls in the SC2 thread!

Ellis Kim

Banned
Wolf Akela said:
I....

I....

What? As much of a fan of Peachifruit I am, I kind of wish this artist had taken the extra step and made it a bit more original instead of adlibbing it.

and is it just me, or is it impossible to make out what creatureoh, its that phoenix.

Ellis Kim said:
I....

I....

What? As much of a fan of Peachifruit I am, I kind of wish this artist had taken the extra step and made it a bit more original instead of adlibbing it.

and is it just me, or is it impossible to make out what creater is on her head.
Philomena?

Narag

I shoot you in the face.
and then i shoot you in the face again.

It's appropriately overlong given the first experience most have with that fight, I suppose. The fluttershy comic is commendable for reducing the panel count to only relevant stuff and not overstaying its welcome with the joke.

Ellis Kim

Banned
Rather, the "i shoot you in the face again" over and over is meant entirely for comedic effect and being completely owned over and over. This leads into Snake being dragged all the way back to the previous area, as would happen.

I don't see how you would see this as a redundancy. The fluttershy comic does nothing but EXTEND the introduction by using how the two met in FiM, if we're going to use "length" as an arbitrary negative trait of said comic.

It also doesn't help your case when the artist goes on to expand on how he/she would have continued the comic by incorporating the multitude of ways that "The Friend" would have "in your face'd" Twilight in the description for the image.

Narag

Like the fight being difficult, it's a one-off joke. The humor is best mocking the story than the gameplay as that holds up upon repeated reading.

And if the artist had extended the sequence, I'd have called that crap too.

Ellis Kim

Banned
Narag said:
Like the fight being difficult, it's a one-off joke. The humor is best mocking the story than the gameplay.
How can you be so consistently wrong?

edit: oh, and here's the quote:

If you dote over her, BAM! Right in the face. If you're indifferent, BAM! Right in the face. Are you a huge, gigantic, terrifying, enormous, teeth-gnashing, sharp-scale-having, horn-wearing, smoke-snoring, could-eat-a-pony-in-one-bite, totally all grown up dragon? BAM! Right in the face.

And if you try running away? YOU'RE GOING TO LOVE HER.

If the artist chose to recreate the entirety of the original peachifruit comic, he would have done exactly the opposite of what you praise it for.

Its worth noting that the artist is recreating these out of love for the fandom of both the artist he's mimicking, the game, and MLP, all in the name of practice, as noted in the first adlibbed comic.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Wtf you guys are fighting over a comic strip.

That's not very magical or friendshipy.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
AdawgDaFAB said:
Totes adorbs stuff. Is that last FS pic supposed to be a cosplay of something or just a random outfit?

Not sure. I was digging through this image archive and thought it was cute.

Edit: Late addition.

McNum

*sigh* Well I'm in the mood for ponies tonight. My 3DS just decided that today was a good day to die. I disagreed, but that didn't stop it from dying.

Not that I was about to play anything on it right now, but Nintendo products are supposed to last more then four months.

Bakphoon

Ellis Kim said:
lol, bak.

That's so mean. Needs a 'fro, though.

joy_of_painting_main.jpg

That pic wasn't meant negative. Bob Ross was a great man. I had originally intended to do an afro, but that would be too much.

EDIT: a new sketch

NFeuD.jpg

ahoyhoy

Unconfirmed Member
McNum said:
*sigh* Well I'm in the mood for ponies tonight. My 3DS just decided that today was a good day to die. I disagreed, but that didn't stop it from dying.

Not that I was about to play anything on it right now, but Nintendo products are supposed to last more then four months.
Damn that sucks. Is there a common reason for launch 3DS Breakages?

McNum

ahoyhoy said:
Damn that sucks. Is there a common reason for launch 3DS Breakages?
No idea, but at least it's under warranty, so I can probably just turn it in at the store I bought it at and get it repaired for free. I'm glad I bought one locally now.

Bakphoon

2th said:
we always knew Carek was a unicorn... he just wishes he was an awesome pegasus :p

oh no... you just reminded me that i forgot to cover up his torso o.o

meh... i knew i would screw something up...

fixed pic:

062xL.jpg

EDIT:

DrForester said:
Master Race Alicorns are best race.

not commenting on this one :p

Nishastra

Banned
I can't help but notice that it's very often people whose names I don't recognize who keep killing me :p

Edit: I'm sad it moved you to the other team in that last one, tiff. I wanted to heal you, not shoot you!

McNum

Bakphoon said:
Post-Synchtube TF2 is the best TF2 :D
It's more or less the only TF2 I play.

Tried out some other classes today, but it looks like I'm a Heavy at heart. Or a Medic. Gave my new Quick-Fix a shake. That thing heals fast, and snagging a friendly Scout to copy his speed is awesome. Scout surfing is funny! Got a pair of Demoman shoes and a steak for the Heavy. What does the Steak do? I wanted a Sandvich... Anyone got a spare Sanvich to trade for the Steak, perhaps?

Honestly, my main "WANT!" items are the Sandvich, the Ubersaw, the bow and arrow for the Sniper and the Ambassador for the Spy. Also, did one of you have a Soldier with a railgun? What the heck was that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom