• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony FiM Community |OT| We will love and tolerate the SHIT outta you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

McNum

I think we switched to Medic at the same time.

Also, favorite moment of the games: Defending a point with two Medics. A pair of Medics may not have much offense, but when they heal each other, you're not getting rid of them easily.

Bakphoon

McNum said:
It's more or less the only TF2 I play.

Tried out some other classes today, but it looks like I'm a Heavy at heart. Or a Medic. Gave my new Quick-Fix a shake. That thing heals fast, and snagging a friendly Scout to copy his speed is awesome. Scout surfing is funny! Got a pair of Demoman shoes and a steak for the Heavy. What does the Steak do? I wanted a Sandvich... Anyone got a spare Sanvich to trade for the Steak, perhaps?

Honestly, my main "WANT!" items are the Sandvich, the Ubersaw, the bow and arrow for the Sniper and the Ambassador for the Spy. Also, did one of you have a Soldier with a railgun? What the heck was that?

Do you have me on your friendlist? if not, add me. I have a leftover sandwich :D
steam id is gruulmaster

tiff

Banned
Nishastra said:
Edit: I'm sad it moved you to the other team in that last one, tiff. I wanted to heal you, not shoot you!
I know! We were a great tandem, totally~

And of course it switched me to the losing team :(

I think next time I'll trying playing Medic. I'm really more of a lover than a fighter.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
2th said:
that was never a picture of carek... that is pandas crude interpretation of Bak
that was carek.

but my ponies are not canon until redrew by an actual artist, so it doesnt really matter :p

McNum

Narag said:
Well, guess the huntsman i have is the nontradeable achievement one. Still have an Ambassador though!
I just want a weapon that more like the Quake Railgun. One very powerful shot. But without a scope. I don't get why, but I simply cannot hit anything with a scoped view. I think, perhaps, that I'm great at following a target in normal view, but lose that ability in scoped. If I have an Ambassador, I'd be one hell of a Spy, I'd think. Of course, said spying would probably consist of dressing up as a friendly, then cloaking to get behind the enemies, then shooting them in the head at range. But the enemy won't see me advance as a Spy.

EDIT: How DO you trade in TF2, anyway?

Narag

McNum said:
I just want a weapon that more like the Quake Railgun. One very powerful shot. But without a scope. I don't get why, but I simply cannot hit anything with a scoped view. I think, perhaps, that I'm great at following a target in normal view, but lose that ability in scoped. If I have an Ambassador, I'd be one hell of a Spy, I'd think. Of course, said spying would probably consist of dressing up as a friendly, then cloaking to get behind the enemies, then shooting them in the head at range. But the enemy won't see me advance as a Spy.

EDIT: How DO you trade in TF2, anyway?

Trading menu via the backpack. Hop on and I'll see if I can figure it out myself!

Edit: Well that was simple enough.

Jintor

As the person most dedicated to imitating gigifritter's style here, I decry all of you

Having just finished the Persona 4 endurance run I'm so so sad she'll probably never get around to finishing her Let's Persona 4

/edit OC ponies

southern_girl_by_xxmioxx-d41ft92.png

tafer

Jintor said:
As the person most dedicated to imitating gigifritter's style here, I decry all of you

Having just finished the Persona 4 endurance run I'm so so sad she'll probably never get around to finishing her Let's Persona 4

/edit OC ponies

http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2011/204/2/6/southern_girl_by_xxmioxx-d41ft92.png[IMG][/QUOTE]

That's an amazing artwork.

Source?

[QUOTE=Jintor][url]http://xxmioxx.deviantart.com/art/Southern-Girl-244282070[/url][/QUOTE]

Thanks!

New day reminder

Alright guys

It's time.

Time to figure out truly which pony is the most beloved of ponyGAF!

Clearly what we need to settle these disputes is a scientific poll.

So if you want a say in the official (official because I say they are!) PonyGAF rankings, PM me your pony rankings!

Mane 6 cast only, at least for now. No ties; you're gonna have to choose between your beloved ones. Your top choice will get 6 points, your second 5 points, third 4 points, and so on. The pony with the most points wins, though I'll be keeping track of relative position as well.

Polling will end next Sunday night, July 24. I'll be posting reminders of this post periodically if people don't find it too annoying =P

2th

Banned
Pandaman said:
that was carek.

but my ponies are not canon until redrew by an actual artist, so it doesnt really matter :p

really? i thought that was supposed to be bak given the semi pokeball

Firehead

How About No said:
But if it's for them why do you have it :eek:

(I have only been to one of these any-con things and do not know how these things work)

But really great anyway :D
He took a picture of the sketch before handing it to them? :p

Ellis Kim

Banned
Jintor said:
How did you get the lighting good enough to snap a pic? Just naturally good enough there? Good camera? Flash?
I assume he used his iphone, and if true, it lets you set the white balance by tapping on the whitest part of the image feed.

2th said:
really? i thought that was supposed to be bak given the semi pokeball
It's a tablet. IIRC, he was showing them in the chat when he did the pic and this was a previous version, with the cutiemark as an easel:
(Clicky)

I have 3 versions of this pic saved from then. The first is the above pic without the horn, the second is the above pic and the last is the one with the tablet as the CM.

OMG Aero

Orcastar said:
Another great Synchtube, thanks all! TF2 was a lot of fun too, we should play it more often.
We really should. Especially since my computer crapped out when it switched maps and wouldn't let me download the custom map for some reason so I only got to play the games on Thunder Mountain and Nucleus.
Zz2D1.jpg

Maybe everyone could post times that they are usually online and free to play games then we could organise another weekly game session. I could play TF2 almost any day at the same time we usually have the Synchtube.

careksims said:
Sketched this for someone at the con

http://i.imgur.com/9Xaev.jpg
Haha that is awesome. How many pictures did you end up doing? Did you get photos of the other ones too?

The sketch, it makes me feel inadequate.....*bins own sketchbook*
How people can just whip up something so good so swiftly and likely off the top of their head is something that baffles me.
I want this ability!

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
As expected, the ComicCon prices on Ebay have tanked (I'd even wonder if the seller who as trying to get $200 bought his own). There's buy-it-now prices for $15 now.

Edit: That comicon sketch is fantastic.

tiff

Banned
OMG Aero said:
Maybe everyone could post times that they are usually online and free to play games then we could organise another weekly game session. I could play TF2 almost any day at the same time we usually have the Synchtube.
I don't have a job or a life or anything so I'm really free whenever.

Except not really late at night because I'd rather be doing other things.

Nishastra

Banned
tiff said:
Except not really late at night because I'd rather be doing other things.
That's a statement that makes me want to ask questions :p

I'm available pretty much any time as well for the next month or so. I go to bed pretty early, though. Luckily I'm in PDT, so early for me is less early for a lot of people :p

Orcastar

OMG Aero said:
I'm usually available from around 19.30 BST onwards. The Synchtube time is a bit late for me on weekdays, so I would prefer an earlier time, around 21:00 to 23:00 BST. I can make 0:00 BST as well for now, but that's probably gonna change in about a month.

Theonik

OMG Aero said:
Typically i have a flexible time-schedule so I can adjust it to whatever as long as it's not too late. Synchtube itself started at 2AM for me and I was playing TF2 until 4AM yesterday which isn't really something I'd like to make a habit of. :S

I'm pretty much good to play TF2 at anytime as well. Right after synchtube, I usually game with some friends. Recently, we mostly just play TF2, so they just hopped into the GAF game with me. Long story short, it's my fault you all got stabbed.

Edit: Basically from 6 on EDT is fine for me, although I could be arsed to play earlier if need be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom