• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony FiM Community |OT| We will love and tolerate the SHIT outta you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quinnjaminn said:
Not cool at all. On a more friendship related note, does anyone else agree that a 3D pony game would be best in a cel-shaded style?

geVS0.jpg

Really needs to fix the colors... make them a lot more vibrant and maybe phong shading. Cel shading doesn't fit too well since the series doesn't even use black lines.

2th

Banned
so i just watched the Know Your Meme for this... surprisingly well done. In fact i dare say it was actually good.

Brohoof?

Foxix Von

2th said:
so i just watched the Know Your Meme for this... surprisingly well done. In fact i dare say it was actually good.

Brohoof?

Just watched it myself and thought it was hilarious AND informative.

Definitely brohoof.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
2th said:

Brohoof?

Eh....

I think the biggest problem with the video is that it gets too much into day-to-day history and the language of the fandom, rather than serving as any genuine attempt to explain the phenomenon.

I may be a bit biased, but this whole thing is really fascinating from a cultural and anthropological standpoint. I mean, you've taken a piece of media that is geared toward little girls and made it in such a way that it has attracted the complete opposite demographic, young adult males. In the past, if we ever needed to pick a media franchise that was truly bottom of the barrel vapid shit, My Little Pony was always one of the first ones on our mind.

And yet, here we are.

So what does this say about our demographic? What does this say about the show? What is it about this show that has created such a reaction?

Foxix Von

DrForester said:
Noticed the new avatar, you can never change it. That's awesome.

Yeah, sort of in celebration of my 21st birthday, thanks! Also finding myself with more free time for a bit here. I missed this thread!

Ellis Kim

Banned
Well drawn human ponies are not "crap." :mad:

I honestly do not understand why this attitude and perception persists both within ponygaf and out. Drawing human versions of ANYTHING that's not human is the most natural step in fan art. Why is it considered to be such a bad thing when its done so tastefully?

I hate bad pony art and bad human ponies as much as the next guy, but come on :/

I mean, this isn't Sonic and his shitty friends we're talking about here.

Quinnjaminn

Neo Member
Ellis Kim said:

I honestly do not understand why this attitude and perception persists both within ponygaf and out. Drawing human versions of ANYTHING that's not human is the most natural step in fan art. Why is it considered to be such a bad thing when its done so tastefully?

I hate bad pony art and bad human ponies as much as the next guy, but come on :/

I think he was referring to the human pony R34 that was being posted, not human ponies in general.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Wolf Akela said:
It's just that most human art are pretty slutty, which I despise. I want my FiM fanart clean.

High-five!

Ellis Kim

Banned
Wolf Akela said:
It's just that most human art are pretty slutty, which I despise. I want my FiM fanart clean.
livingmachine and giraffewizard are my go-to artists for awesome humany ponies, but adawg showed some pretty awesome stuff in the previous pages too. I'd say that "most human art" actually isn't slutty, if the last few pages was any sort of measure.

And no, K-ON is not slutty.

Quinnjaminn said:
I think he was referring to the human pony R34 that was being posted, not human ponies in general.
I purposely ignore those posts :| I didn't even know it existed, and I'm not going to search it out.

Let's keep the thread tasteful, guys.

livingmachine and giraffewizard are my go-to artists for awesome humany ponies, but adawg showed some pretty awesome stuff in the previous pages too. I'd say that "most human art" actually isn't slutty, if the last few pages was any sort of measure.
I don't like how it's often that they wear pretty revealing stuff, like Applejack with "micro jeans".

One human art I really liked was the bridlemaids one.

Foxix Von

As a lover of human ponies there is definitely a really freaking weird line that seems far too easily crossed when it comes to sexualizing it.

There's really no need for it.
LLShC.gif

Cheerilee

2th said:
holy freaking hell. i am posting this image so the rest must read this. this is AWESOME. Prepare for broken windows.
http://img.ponibooru.org/_images/74...ekatze celestia comic luna origin sisters.png
As a Luna fan, I dislike the theory that the Nightmare Moon incident only happened because Luna was infected by evil magic.

Was Fluttershy infected by evil magic when she went on a rampage yelling "love me" at cute animals? Was Pinkie infected by evil magic when she had a mental breakdown and started talking to rocks? Was Rarity infected by Twilight's evil magic when she thought she was a winged god? Was Rainbow Dash infected by evil magic when she was shivering in a corner with feelings of inadequacy and stage fright? Was Applejack infected by evil magic when she was getting drunk on overwork?

I prefer to think that Luna and Celestia were simply victims of circumstance and poor communication, and the event gave us a view into the characters involved.

Also, despite giving Luna an excuse, this comic couldn't stop itself from blaming Luna by having Celestia specifically warn her about what was going to happen. Which also leads to the other problem, which is that when you overpower Celestia, everything automatically becomes her fault.

Furret

Banned
Ellis Kim said:

Why is it considered such a bad thing?

Because it's creepy and implies that you want to have sex with the character?

Orcastar

I don't get the human pony hate either. Sure, a lot of the art is bad, uninspired and/or creepy, but so is a lot of "normal" pony art. Hell, a lot of Carek's stuff is creepy enough that I wouldn't dare post it here (no offence, just stating a fact). Most of the stuff that's been posted here has been pretty cool though.

And honestly, as much as everyone is supposed to hate K-ON (never actually watched it), I thought those K-ON human ponies were very well done too.

tiff

Banned
Most humanized art posted here has been perfectly acceptable to any reasonable person but PonyGAF will PonyGAF I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom