• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony FiM Community |OT| We will love and tolerate the SHIT outta you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nishastra

Banned
ahoyhoy said:
That was actually very respectful, considering the source.

Also; surprisingly accurate. The Taiwanese must lurk Know Your Meme like no other.
Those NMA things always seem to really understand whatever they're talking about oddly well, even if the animation itself is absurd :p

I liked the bronies riding away together while the /b/ guy becomes forever alone :p

Myke Greywolf said:
For no particular reason (as far as I could see), Shanadeus decided to survey IRC PonyGAFfers on their political/economic standings. The test was made with the test at http://www.politicalcompass.org, and every PonyGAFfer is welcome to send me or Shanadeus their results to include in the survey.

Here are the results for the 6 PonyGAFfers who answered so far:

ENg5i.png

As you can see, the average PonyGAFfer seems to be quite left-leaning and libertarian, as I'd suppose most ponies would be - except Applejack, of course. ;)

Mine:
http://www.politicalcompass.org/facebook/pcgraphpng.php?ec=-3.00&soc=-1.85

Orcastar

Pandaman said:
fat pony you say?
Ooh no, I take no responsibility for whatever it is you're thinking of posting.

Anyways, the show's potrayal of young and hip ponies clearly sets unrealistic and potentially harmful expectations for young fillies; we need more examples of ponies with realistic proportions!
I honestly didn't think they look fat in that pic, I just liked the unique art style.

And here's my results:
http://www.politicalcompass.org/printablegraph?ec=-6.50&soc=-6.46

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
SpacePirate Ridley said:
thats most probably my thinking way also, more that what my graph said.
I would have liked to have a "depends" chioice in the questions.

I had very few "strongly" answers on either side.

New page dedicated to the best pony, the pony without whom the rest of the cast would not have their cutie marks.

rN2pa.png

Orcastar said:
Ooh no, I take no responsibility for whatever it is you're thinking of posting.

Anyways, the show's potrayal of young and hip ponies clearly sets unrealistic and potentially harmful expectations for young fillies; we need more examples of ponies with realistic proportions!
I honestly didn't think they look fat in that pic, I just liked the unique art style.

And here's my results:
http://www.politicalcompass.org/printablegraph?ec=-6.50&soc=-6.46
I couldn't help but read this in Twilight's voice.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EoOSEJJ1Npk

Narag

DrForester said:
I had very few "strongly" answers on either side.

New page dedicated to the best pony, the pony without whom the rest of the cast would not have their cutie marks.

rN2pa.png

If Fluttershy hadn't been bullied, Dash would've never came to her defense and earned her cutie mark. All hail Fluttershy.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Narag said:
If Fluttershy hadn't been bullied, Dash would've never came to her defense and earned her cutie mark. All hail Fluttershy.

Not that we don't all love Fluttershy, but Dash would have come to the defense of anyone being bullied, because Dash is that awesome.

OMG Aero

AdawgDaFAB said:
Ok that giant 50 MB poster png became a little less amazing when I realized they replaced the unknown characters in the balloon with 2 of their own OC ponies. I don't think I'm going to print that out as a poster anymore.
Yeah I see what you mean but, to be fair, they probably created that from a scan of the original where it will have been hard to accurately recreate what is actually in the balloon anyway. And if you really don't like it, the balloon is on a solid background so you could easily remove the entire thing in Photoshop or something.

On an unrelated note, we were talking about TF2 a few pages ago and a couple of people mentioned that they wouldn't mind trading away their Pipboy items. TF2 got an update today that made all the recent promo items tradable, so if anyone is still interested in trading theirs let me know and I can give you the Heavy's security shades and some other items from my backpack for it.

Just to settle the Rainbow/Fluttershy debate: Can't we like them both at the same time?

Also, I'm really not a fan of how a lot of these questions are written. Some of them were in a "is this true" fashion rather than "do you believe this?" Oh well. This isn't too far off.
6Hli5m.png

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Adelor Lyon said:
Just to settle the Rainbow/Fluttershy debate: Can't we like them both at the same?
I don't think anyone dislikes rainbow dash or fluttershy. The debate we're (jokingly) having is who is the best pony?

Honestly, I think anypony besides applejack is a valid and acceptable answer.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Rickenslacker said:
I understand, the truth hurts.

applejack is adorable but she needs more dedicated episodes.

McNum

OMG Aero said:
On an unrelated note, we were talking about TF2 a few pages ago and a couple of people mentioned that they wouldn't mind trading away their Pipboy items. TF2 got an update today that made all the recent promo items tradable, so if anyone is still interested in trading theirs let me know and I can give you the Heavy's security shades and some other items from my backpack for it.
I was just about to say that I saw that my Pip-Boy had become tradable. Also, Steam got a beta upgrade that lets you trade TF2 items without starting the game. You can also trade gifted games that way. Yes, "Game for hat" is now possible to do if you really want to. While I got a couple of un-gifted games from getting bundles, I don't think I'll trade one for a hat...

I went ahead and bought the Medic and Heavy stater packs, so I'm good with Ubersaw and Sandvich now. Also got some ugly hats with that deal. You can see what I have on my Steam Community profile now. At least if it's set up right. The only items I still kind of want is a Huntsman. I'd like to play Sniper, but I'm useless with anything that has a scope. Still, that Pip-Boy is up for trade. I'm open to suggestions.

Pancakes

I think i have a huntsman that I wouldn't mind giving to you. I barely play sniper as it is.

Narag

Dear Saxton Hale,

Today I learned that I should probably make sure I have an item to trade/giveaway before I actually do so.

Your faithful pyro,
Narag

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Owlowiscious said:
xD16P.png

"Does anypony feel a breeze?"
im offended.

my love for dash is only professional appreciation.

if i had enough love to go around i'd cut it out to make sure i was 100% dedicated to belle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom