• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony FiM Community |OT| We will love and tolerate the SHIT outta you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ahoyhoy

Unconfirmed Member
DrForester said:
I said we should re-vote the main 6 using the rules from the PC hall of fame voting thread, but no one listened.
I don't recall the rules proposed.

Please enlighten me do I dont have to neglect AJ all the way at 5.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
ahoyhoy said:
I don't recall the rules proposed.

Please enlighten me do I dont have to neglect AJ all the way at 5.

the PC hall of fame thread was voted on where every title listed in someones top 10 got 1 point regardless of placement on the list.

SS4Gogita said:
Thanks for the welcome everypony :D

I should have specified though, as I haven't actually seen the first two episodes. I was meaning the first episodes I happened to record.

I'd say my list right now, favorite to least would be:

Fluttershy
Pinkie Pie

Rainbow Dash
Applejack
Twilight Sparkle
Rarity
You have chosen wisely.

Chuck

Still without luck
SS4Gogita said:
Hey, where are the GIFs for my list? :p
We like numbers here, I guess. :p

SS4Gogita said:
1) Fluttershy

R8K8D.jpg

2) Pinkie Pie

usYJV.jpg

3) Rainbow Dash

2eEXZ.jpg

4) Applejack

BQPYQ.jpg

5) Twilight Sparkle

129884138393-1298268878870.gif

6) Rarity

zk2tK.jpg

Cheska

Got around to watching episode 2 today. Aww, Applejack has some sweet line.

"What the hay was that?"
"No can do sugar cube"

I can't believe how much I find myself laughing with the show, Pinkie Pie is genius.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
DrForester said:
the PC hall of fame thread was voted on where every title listed in someones top 10 got 1 point regardless of placement on the list.
so everypony in someones top 5 gets 1 point.
one pony to rue for all.

Cheerilee

I knew I was asking for trouble with that phrase.

Myke Greywolf said:
Oh, come on. That could interpreted as harassment at the most, and we all know that it wasn't intended that way. Not saying that it is something to be endorsed or glorified, but one would need to be exceptionally sensitive to make an issue of something like this on the Internet. The artist is just playing around with the notion of how cartoon logic and actions could be interpreted by their actors in a realistic fashion.
There are no rules for "the most" someone can read into something, especially if they're already carrying some emotional baggage (like if they're somewhat homophobic, or closeted, or just sheltered, whatever).

I think the comic took a case of inappropriate touching from the show (with absolutely no ill intent from Pinkie or the writers/animators) and added a bit of emotional response. I think it's cute, and I think it's actually better lesbian content than anything I've seen from the fan community regarding Lyra/Bonbon or Dash/Gilda, because those try too hard (although I haven't looked very far). But at it's most extreme end, harassment is on the same slide as rape, so if we're to be sensitive and understanding, and someone complains that this comic "goes too far" for them, we shouldn't say that they're wrong. Just that we don't agree.

I know I've probably posted a bunch of things that were more extreme than this comic (in various ways), and if it's bothered anyone, I apologize. But I don't think I'm going to change my posting style. I don't think Carek should change his art style (I already know he goes much farther than this), and I think his work that goes this far or even a little farther should be acceptable on PonyGAF (not sure where I'd draw the line, best to not find out).

DrForester said:
I said we should re-vote the main 6 using the rules from the PC hall of fame voting thread, but no one listened.
Celestia
Rainbow Dash
Twilight
Rarity
Fluttershy
Pinkie

or

Twilight
Pinkie
Fluttershy
Rarity
Rainbow Dash
Scootaloo

The Applejack fans would kill us for implementing such a system.

SS4Gogita

Henshin!
ChuckNoLuck said:
We like numbers here, I guess. :p

Haha, point taken. I think I didn't want to number them because they're certainly all likeable to an extent. If I did use numbers though it would have been more like:

1) Fluttershy

-----------------------

2) Everyone else

Awesome GIFs :)

ahoyhoy

Unconfirmed Member
Ellis Kim said:
Thread has degenerated yet again into ranking :S
The MLP thread is stuck in a quasi Cause and Effect type loop that forces us to run through the Rankings step, the Fan Art step, and finally the Human pony step, without any recollection of any of these events having occur previously.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
ahoyhoy said:
The MLP thread is stuck in a quasi Cause and Effect type loop that forces us to run through the Rankings step, the Fan Art step, and finally the Human pony step, without any recollection of any of these events having occur previously.

I recall....

....I recall....

Orcastar said:
I don't find that comic distrubing at all. On the contrary, I think it's pretty funny. I can easily appreciate the inherent humour of applying real world logic to cartoony situations. I don't mind the supposed "creepiness" of this particular comic either. I find some of Carek's art to be somewhat creepy, but even when it is, it usually also manages to be adorable and/or funny. Case in the point being pieces like this:

That said, I guess that Pinkamina stuff crosses some kind of line for me. It doesn't offend me and I can even appreciate it from an artistic viewpoint; after all the art is very impressive (apart from the human poses, grrr) and it captures the grimdark mood perfectly. However, I don't like it, and I don't see the appeal.

So to sum it up: humorous sexual innuendo and tasteful light shipping: ok. My favourite pony depicted as a mass-murdering psychopath: not ok. But I can live with the fact that some people like that stuff too.

Yeah, i suppose at the end my post was more because of the whining of posting human ponies going on this thread some days ago than the real creepiness of what was posted (that it really was not that serious). Is that I dont understand how human ponies can get so much hate in this thread even when the art is good and done in a tasteful way. Like I said, theres clearly some human pony creepy art out there, but i havent seen much of that here, same for the normal pony art, I havent seen posted here things that are TOO creepy, thank god :lol

2th

Banned
ahoyhoy said:

i cannot recall us every ranking ponies before... might have happened in OT 1 but that was so long ago. Also what is this fan art you speak of? I am intrigues. And Human ponies? never seen them but the mere thought of such a disgrace to this show makes me say:

ZwPIw.jpg

Foxix Von

ahoyhoy said:

I've been in here since damn near the beginning of Pony GAF. I don't recall anything like this ever having taken place. And since we're all just now starting our pony rankings for the very first time:

Rainbow Dash
Pinkie Pie
Fluttershy
Twilight Sparkle
Rarity
Applesack

ahoyhoy

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah Fox, I feel like you've submitted that ranking before...

... and then Panda posts something about AJ being ranked too high still.

Are we actually cool with posting lists? I PMed for the official rankings a while back but I never posted it for public scrutiny.

Applejack
Rainbow Dash
Rarity (She and Twilight were almost a complete tie, but Art of the Dress propelled her)
Twilight Sparkle
Pinkie Pie
Fluttershy

I'll understand if you want to banish me, or throw me in a dungeon. Or banish me and then throw me in a dungeon in the place that you banished me to.

Cheerilee

In semi-unfixed order (because it tends to change and doesn't matter for the sake of this test)

Celestia
Luna
Rainbow Dash
Twilight
Fluttershy
Rarity
Applejack
Pinkie
Scootaloo
Cheerilee
Spike
Derpy
Applebloom
Sweetie Bell
Invisible Big Mac

I think that's everyone.

OMG Aero

ahoyhoy said:
You forgot the "who was to blame in Fall Weather Friends" stage.

Rickenslacker said:
Are we actually cool with posting lists? I PMed for the official rankings a while back but I never posted it for public scrutiny.

Applejack
Rainbow Dash
Rarity (She and Twilight were almost a complete tie, but Art of the Dress propelled her)
Twilight Sparkle
Pinkie Pie
Fluttershy

I'll understand if you want to banish me, or throw me in a dungeon. Or banish me and then throw me in a dungeon in the place that you banished me to.
I'm not sad, I'm just disappointed.

Oh who am I kidding?
PymfE.gif

OMG Aero said:
I'm not sad, I'm just disappointed.

Oh who am I kidding?
PymfE.gif
Don't fret, unlike the actual red headed stepchild of pony popularity on PonyGAF, my list is super tight in rankings. Fluttershy has a lot of badass under her belt, she went up against a manticore, dragon and cockatrice. I also loved this little interaction with Pinkie Pie in Griffon the Brush-Off:

Pinkie: Don't worry your pretty little head about mean old Gilda. Your auntie Pinkie Pie's got it all taken care of.
Fluttershy: i'm a year older than you

But overall, she's where she is because moé characters do little for me. And she kept one parasprite after they managed to round up the rest and get rid of them. Demerits!

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Rickenslacker said:
Pinkie: Don't worry your pretty little head about mean old Gilda. Your auntie Pinkie Pie's got it all taken care of.
Fluttershy: i'm a year older than you

Then pinkie screamed at her and nearly made her cry later in the season :(

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Meh, I'm losing interest in the fandom the more Scoot gets in.

Anyway apparently Hasbro owns DnD. DnD Ponies anyone?

Orcastar

DrForester said:
Then pinkie screamed at her and nearly made her cry later in the season :(
You stop that anti-Pinkie propaganda right now. Anypony doing anything nearly makes Fluttershy cry, you said as much yourself.

Foxix Von

Ookami-kun said:
Meh, I'm losing interest in the fandom the more Scoot gets in.

Anyway apparently Hasbro owns DnD. DnD Ponies anyone?

I would love to sit down and play a DnD themed pony game. That'd be down right amazing.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Orcastar said:
You stop that anti-Pinkie propaganda right now. Anypony doing anything nearly makes Fluttershy cry, you said as much yourself.

Hey, I put pinkie above Aj on my list as a peace offering to all you Pinkie fans. Let me have that she's a jerk some times. Remember how she didn't invite poor Spike to either party?

Calpain

I sure do miss a lot when I don't check on the thread for a couple of days. So we're back to lists, huh? Well, here is the one I submitted a few weeks ago when we were compiling the ultimate list:
1.Twilight
2.Pinkie Pie
3.Fluttershy
4.Rarity
5.Rainbow Dash
6.Applejack
Please don't lynch me
It was really hard even coming up with a list. All of them are so likable that the only one I could even put ahead of the others by a smidgen would be Twilight with everyone else tied for second place.

As for the Pinkamena tumblr mentioned earlier, I love the artwork, but the content doesn't do much for me. While crazy, murderous Pinkie Pie was kind of funny at first it's kind of worn out its welcome for me after having had to see that sort of stuff for months pop up here and there ever since 'Cupcakes' came out in February I believe (doesn't help that I don't care too much for grimdark in ponies anyway).

Actually, now that I think of it, I've been starting to avoid more and more fan based material lately because it seems to be more of the same such as 'Rainbow Dash ships with everything' or 'Down with Trollestia, up with the Lunar Republic!'. I guess I'm just feeling the effects of the drought and I'm really looking forward to some new material the fanbase is able to come up with once the second season comes out. Also it seems like the deeper into the drought we get the more outrageous some of the fan works get from what I've seen out there.

So what do you guys think? Are any of you getting a little burned out from the fan made stuff, especially if you have been a fan of the show for a long time?

Foxix Von

Alright Pony-GAFfers! I need some assistance in a dire matter.

Apparently my girlfriend's younger sister has yet to experience the wonder of My Little Pony and we are unsure how to best lure her into the series. She's a bit skeptical of ponies but me and the lady pretty sure we can get her on board.

So what's the consensus on the single best episode to introduce someone new to the series?

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
brian577 said:
Equestria Daily did this poll a few months ago
Capture.PNG

Even though I don't like "Party of One", I can see why others would. That being said I think it would make for a terrible introductory episode. I think most the other ones on the list would make good starter eps, except maybe "Winter Wrap Up". Don't think a musical number ep is the best place to start. Don't know if "Fall Weather Friend"s or "Applebuck Season" would be a good one, they are not the best of episodes.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Stop this list war nonsense. All of the mane 6 are fantastic.

Foxix said:
Alright Pony-GAFfers! I need some assistance in a dire matter.

Apparently my girlfriend's younger sister has yet to experience the wonder of My Little Pony and we are unsure how to best lure her into the series. She's a bit skeptical of ponies but me and the lady pretty sure we can get her on board.

So what's the consensus the single best episode to introduce someone to the series?
Dragonshy and sonic rainboom are the beat IMO. Avoid party of one at all costs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom