• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony FiM Community |OT| We will love and tolerate the SHIT outta you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
DrForester said:
AUxpW.png
Don't be sad, Applejack. I love you just the way you are.

Oh god... synchtube... I don't even know... The changes mostly effect me as a rper, but unless there are a LOT more changes coming I don't think many people will be a fan.

Also Aero, all playlists have been nuked.

Nishastra

Banned
DeadPhoenix said:
Oh god... synchtube... I don't even know... The changes mostly effect me as a rper, but unless there are a LOT more changes coming I don't think many people will be a fan.

Yeah, I'm not a fan of the new layout. Or of losing all the playlists.

OMG Aero

DeadPhoenix said:

Yeah, I saw on their Twitter account that a playlist nuke was coming so I spent a half an hour or so today making Youtube playlists of all the Synchtube playlists I had set up. I was expecting them to have the import from Youtube feature that they had before but annoyingly that's gone now, since I have all the videos in playlists on Youtube though it's just a case of copying and pasting the URLs in Synchtube and saving the playlists again.
I already put the last stream playlist back on the second room so if anyone missed the last stream or wants to see it again they can but for now I just put the old Derpy standby video on the main channel because right now I don't feel like copying and pasting 114 URLs to put the music playlist back on the main channel. I'll probably do that before the next stream though since people usually go in the main room before me.
Out of curiosity, how do the changes effect you? Is it just the moving chat to below the video (Which I also dislike)? Aside from the playlist wipe that's the only real change I've noticed.

Foxix Von

So my girlfriend and I were walking around Bellingham, WA when we came across a bunch of sidewalk chalk art all done up around some businesses. We were looking at some, and from across the street someone yelled "HEY! There's some Doctor Who ones across the street." Hearing the call we immediately began to cross the road and peruse some of the silly assortments of sidewalk chalk. One of which was very, very interesting.

Now fess up, who did it?
KuGsj.gif

I finally went out to get a frame today for the poster a friend's friend picked up for me at Comic Con. Once I put an itty-bitty shelf under the frame to put some figurines on, my office will finally be about 20% cooler than it was before.

OMG Aero said:
Out of curiosity, how do the changes effect you? Is it just the moving chat to below the video (Which I also dislike)? Aside from the playlist wipe that's the only real change I've noticed.
I was just overreacting really, there were a few problems(broken autoscroll and auto-clear), but they've been fixed now. The new layout still sucks ass though.

DeadPhoenix said:

Whoa, what happened to synchtube?

SS4Gogita

Henshin!
Choppasmith said:
http://i.imgur.com/H0eBS.jpg

It doesn't help that the first two epsiodes come off a little more cliched and hammy than the more rock solid later episodes.

Orcastar said:
Two new PonyGAFfers in one day? Welcome!

http://i.imgur.com/BlrTD.png

Now, pony rankings please!

Quinnjaminn said:
Welcome to ponyGAF! I'd love to know your pony rankings at the beginning. I'm really curious as to how much it will change by the time you finish the season.

Thanks for the welcome everypony :D

I should have specified though, as I haven't actually seen the first two episodes. I was meaning the first episodes I happened to record.

I'd say my list right now, favorite to least would be:

Fluttershy
Pinkie Pie
Rainbow Dash
Applejack
Twilight Sparkle
Rarity

ahoyhoy

Unconfirmed Member
Ellis Kim said:
LOL omg, someone desperately needs to GIF the last few seconds of that XD XD XD

Sorry it took so long.

PHOTOSHOP... ACTIIIIVAAAAATEEEEE!!!!!!

Oh, you want to help, Derpy?

Okay then... here's the way to Import videos. And here's the way to cut them down to a better size, and...

WAIT STOP THAT!

wEHfo.gif

GOD DAMNIT DERPY

Okay, here's the genuine article.

g9Y9C.gif

Confound the ponies.

Ellis Kim

Banned
Being a fan does not automatically make someone a "brony." I still find that term to be awkward and difficult to adopt.

lol @ carek's comic. Thanks ahoyhoy.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Ellis Kim said:
Being a fan does not automatically make someone a "brony." I still find that term to be awkward and difficult to adopt.

lol @ carek's comic. Thanks ahoyhoy.
There are big fans who don't really like the term either. I'm pretty indifferent to it.

ahoyhoy

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, I agree.

The term "brony" is most certainly something that can only be self-prescribed. Anything else just makes the whole thing seem awkward.

Ellis Kim said:
I like "FIMfan" (it's so much more specific) but I don't refer to myself in any particular way other than a fan of the show. Most friends I mention the show to or who see things in my house related to Pony know the term "brony" even if they've never seen an episode of the show.

Narag

It was great when it all began
I was a regular pony fan
But it was over when they had the plan
To have me watch episodes as they reran
Now the only thing that gives me hope
Is my love of a certain show
Rose tints my world
Keeps me safe from my trouble and pain

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Narag said:
It was great when it all began
I was a regular pony fan
But it was over when they had the plan
To have me watch episodes as they reran
Now the only thing that gives me hope
Is my love of a certain show
Rose tints my world
Keeps me safe from my trouble and pain

I wish I didn't know what song this was... Or that I read it in his voice...

I never knew that there were fans who didn't like the term 'brony'. Personally 'brony' gets the job done when refering to FiM fans, but to each their own :)

Cheerilee

DrForester said:
There are big fans who don't really like the term either. I'm pretty indifferent to it.
That's because you're a Trekkie, and you most likely went through this stage and properly grew beyond it years ago.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Trekker

Original series Star Trek fans have had a preference for trekker, not trekkie, going back to the early '70s and the first conventions.

At about that time, the mainstream media discovered Star Trek fandom with feature stories that usually had a condescending spin, including the term trekkie. These were along the lines of "Who are these trekkies and why do they gather by the thousands to profess their love for an old canceled TV show?"

Those features often focused on the most extreme aspects of fandom that of course looked weirdest to non-fans, and didn't delve into what it was about the show that made fans so passionate. Thus were the beginnings of the "nerdy" cliches that have come to be associated with fans. It was to avoid associations with such cliches that original Star Trek fans became opposed to trekkie and sought to get the more serious-sounding term trekker used.

"Yeah, I'm a Star Trek fan, but I'm not a trekkie, I'm a trekker. Why? Because it better reflects what being a fan is about."
"I came up with the term trekkie. So, it's trekkie, not trekker."
Gene Roddenberry

Ellis Kim said:
awesome pixel work[img][/QUOTE]

I've been in the games industry with the early part of my career doing pixel pushing, so I couldn't help myself when I saw this, and made some corrections to your pony. Hope you don't mind.
[IMG]http://i910.photobucket.com/albums/ac301/radiantdreamer/ponygaftouchups.jpg

There's a sort of "mathematical" formula with how pixels are formed to create a smoother curve, and plus adding antialiasing makes it look even smoother, while still remain pixel-glam. Hope that may help.

mj1108

Foxix said:
So my girlfriend and I were walking around Bellingham, WA when we came across a bunch of sidewalk chalk art all done up around some businesses. We were looking at some, and from across the street someone yelled "HEY! There's some Doctor Who ones across the street." Hearing the call we immediately began to cross the road and peruse some of the silly assortments of sidewalk chalk. One of which was very, very interesting.

Now fess up, who did it?
KuGsj.gif

Quoting for awesomeness. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom