• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony FiM Community |OT| We will love and tolerate the SHIT outta you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Orcastar

Season 2 in less than a month?

VHhy0.gif

Amibguous Cad said:
Interesting that this two parter was made back in season one. Wonder how that came about? It would have made sense to have the season both begin and end on an epic adventurey 2 parter, but the Gala also makes a ton of sense for season finale.

Anyway, so hyped for this one, especially since it seems like this is thendirection Faust wanted for the show all along and she had as much involvement in this one as she did in last season. I loved the Sailor Moon with ponies bit from the pilots, and I'm intrigued to see what more they can do with the idea.
I'm all for more Sailor Moon ponies too and hope we keep getting more adventurey episodes later in the season as well. This would of course be the case if Discord is the recurring villain they mentioned earlier. Obviously not every episodes should be some kind of epic battle against evil, but a balanced mix of adventure and slice-of-life is where it's at.

Also:

Fluttershy with glasses? YES PLEASE! Ahem... Why doesn't Twilight have glasses anyway?

Your comic took an interesting turn too, can't wait to see how it ends.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Just one more step towards real human ponies.

Cheerilee

OMG Aero said:
I just put yesterday's playlist on room 2 if you want to see what you missed. General consensus seems to be that the Mentally Advanced abridged episodes I put on are literally the worst videos in the entire world though,
Boo! The Mentally Advanced series is great.

OMG Aero

AdawgDaFAB said:
Sea Ponies for Season 2!
Complete w/ ShooBeeDoo song plz!
I saw a spoiler for other episodes in season 2 and it turns out Sea Ponies are the recurring villains.
ruby_onix said:
Boo! The Mentally Advanced series is great.
Totally agree but spending some time each week looking through videos to pick ones for the Synchtube and then having the chat unanimously hate them isn't really fun so I won't be putting them on again.

Well with S2 having an official date now I can quit lurking and throw myself on the mercy of PonyGAF. I do have you guys to thank for getting into MLP when I did. I always planned to watch it but you guys made me do it sooner. Thank You.

And let us get this out the way now.

Pinkie Pie and Fluttershy
Rainbow Dash
Applejack, Rarity and Twilight Sparkle

Pinkie and Fluttershy are in a deadlock and I don't think I could ever choose one over the other as my true mane as it were. Dash falls right below the two of them because she is the most awesome of the awesomest. And AJ, Rarity and Twilight fall below them because again I won't put numbers and labels on them because they're all great. I just happen to like 3 other ponies before them. But we all know it's all about Spike though. He's the dragon. And Scoots rules the CMC with authority.

Pancakes said:
Awesome or creepy? You decide.
http://i.imgur.com/R9QEcl.jpg
Depends on who's leg that is.

PBalfredo said:

I WANT THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Where's Fluttershy?

Cheerilee

Owlowiscious said:
did they get rid of the horrible bgms?
Nope, he still has absolutely no talent for BGM, but I think he turned the volume down on it. He also seems to have gotten better at keeping the voices softer and steadier, instead of having sudden bursts of loudness.

Of course, I just really like his writing style, so I'd be fine with it if every episode was as rough as the first one.

ReXXXSoprano said:
Pinkie and Fluttershy are in a deadlock and I don't think I could ever choose one over the other as my true mane as it were. Dash falls right below the two of them because she is the most awesome of the awesomest. And AJ, Rarity and Twilight fall below them because again I won't put numbers and labels on them because they're all great. I just happen to like 3 other ponies before them. But we all know it's all about Spike though. He's the dragon. And Scoots rules the CMC with authority.
You're a good person.

Dark Phoenix said:
You're a good person.
This is completely unrelated to anything you are talking about(Those Scoots is in fact best CMC) ans I only bring it up because of your avatar, but I ended up reading HomeStuck because of ponies, shit is awesome.

To make my post slightly less pointless here is a very much updated version of the Pony creator. Here's a simply pony I made with it using some of the new options, though you can do WAY more shit then I did:
IQoN3.png

(Also new hair styles include Homestuck and Avatar:tLAB character's hair, probably others I didn't notice, just thought that was cool.)

DeadPhoenix said:
This is completely unrelated to anything you are talking about(Those Scoots is in fact best CMC) ans I only bring it up because of your avatar, but I ended up reading HomeStuck because of ponies, shit is awesome.

To make my post slightly less pointless here is a very much updated version of the Pony creator. Here's a simply pony I made with it using some of the new options, though you can do WAY more shit then I did:
IQoN3.png

(Also new hair styles include Homestuck and Avatar:tLAB character's hair, probably others I didn't notice, just thought that was cool.)

Huzzah! I had been waiting for them to update this for what felt like forever.

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
Since it seems like season 2 is starting within a month, and I'm currently quite busy with another high priority pony-related project, I need to ask if some other member of PonyGAF feels up to the task of creating (and maintaining) the OP for the new Season 2 Official Thread in the Off-Topic forum.

Too bad that my awesome plans for that OP won't come to fruition, but my megalomania will not go to waste, as most of you know by now, and the rest will soon see. ;)

BDGAME said:
I believe it was already posted but... DAMMED PONIES! <3 Te quero! hehehe
[grammar_nazi]Fixed. It's portuguese, not spanish. ;)[/grammar_nazi]

Myke Greywolf said:
Since it seems like season 2 is starting within a month, and I'm currently quite busy with another high priority pony-related project, I need to ask if some other member of PonyGAF feels up to the task of creating (and maintaining) the OP for the new Season 2 Official Thread in the Off-Topic forum.

Too bad that my awesome plans for that OP won't come to fruition, but my megalomania will not go to waste, as most of you know by now, and the rest will soon see. ;)

[grammar_nazi]Fixed. It's portuguese, not spanish. ;)[/grammar_nazi]

I would do it, but Official Threads need a lot of work to keep them rolling so i dont know if would be up to the task. What was your idea for the great thread Myke?

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
SpacePirate Ridley said:
I would do it, but Official Threads need a lot of work to keep them rolling so i dont know if would be up to the task. What was your idea for the great thread Myke?
I wanted to make a comic starring Belle Eve, who would introduce the readers to Equestria and its denizens, in song form.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
I wouldn't mind handeling the S2 thread. Actually think we could just use the same op we have for this thread for s2 and then I could update that. Pretty much just need to update the banner. Or get a new banner. The comicon poster with new text + Belle would be great.

OMG Aero

Myke Greywolf said:
I wanted to make a comic starring Belle Eve, who would introduce the readers to Equestria and its denizens, in song form.
After hearing your plans for the next thread and seeing in the IRC the reason why you're so busy, I really wish I had your drive and inspiration.

I'd throw my own hat into the thread making ring, but I don't think my efforts could live up to the standard set by you and Ookami.

I don't think I ever saw Ookami's original OP for the first OT. What was it? All I ever saw was when he edited in one of Myke's posts from later in the thread.

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
AdawgDaFAB said:
I don't think I ever saw Ookami's original OP for the first OT. What was it? All I ever saw was when he edited in one of Myke's posts from later in the thread.
It was just that. Pretty bare-bones, but thought-provoking.
Ookami-kun said:
...I just lost my manliness.

Yet I believe the show is... so good, and not a so-bad-it's-good, but as in it's good-good. o_o

OMG Aero

AdawgDaFAB said:
Oh Myke did that too? I totally overlooked the quote tags when I saw that.

2th

Banned
OMG Aero said:
Oh Myke did that too? I totally overlooked the quote tags when I saw that.

same. i didnt realize myke did that too. Damn man you are the pony master or something. We love all the work you have put into these threads!

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
That's why I think we should just reuse the current op with a few minor tweaks. Its perfect. I would add one of my "thread guide" sections I use in my Top Gear and South park threads. Linking to start of disscussion for each episode.

And I would be able to keep it current. I've done TV theads before.

2th

Banned
DrForester said:
That's why I think we should just reuse the current op with a few minor tweaks. Its perfect. I would add one of my "thread guide" sections I use in my Top Gear and South park threads. Linking to start of disscussion for each episode.

And I would be able to keep it current. I've done TV theads before.

i support this as a lurker in the Top Gear thread :)

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Well, I think now would be as good as a time as any to have a contest for new thread banner. I such at editing like that, so I'll again throw out my idea of using the comicon poster with the addition of Belle.

We can vote on submissions here and pick the winner to be the banner for the new thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom