• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony FiM Community |OT| We will love and tolerate the SHIT outta you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mirimar

Gah, too much dawww in this thread =( Must counteract

1KGMX.png

akira28

Mirimar said:
Love that picture, her expression is just really amusing. She's even flashing her cutie mark

Wow, hahah you're right' she's totally parting to the side. The level of detail into the dementia is just plain entertaining.

edit: and wrong. did I mention that it was so wrong?

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
akira28 said:
Wow, hahah you're right' she's totally parting to the side. The level of detail into the dementia is just plain entertaining.

yes...
wrong.
so very, very.... wrong.

mmmmmmm.

akira28 said:

Yeah, I've never taken such a liking to gore/horror before. Something about homicidal ponies. I dunno.. It helps that the artwork is really good with the lighting and the facial expressions and all the little details.

OMG Aero

Pandaman said:
http://i.imgur.com/d7b9G.png
pinkamina sees you cloppin' and she dont mind.
Is it weird that I've come to accept the blood in these pictures but ponies standing on their hind legs still bugs me?

Myke Greywolf said:
I don't think this has been posted yet, but I may be wrong:

BlazBrony: Friendship Trigger intro

So many ponies solemnly looking at nothing in particular and/or trying their hardest to look badass!

Celestia as Hazama is the one I was hoping for and it just works on so many levels.

Pinkie as Tao is good. She could've worked as Makoto in her Can-Can outfit.

Big Mac as Tager was a no duh.

Nightmare Moon and Luna as Nu and Lambda makes a lot a sense now that I look at it.

Fluttershy and Flutterrage as Noel and
Mu-12
is one that I really like.

I do like Rarity as Rachel and Spike as Valkenhyn but he works equally as good being Gii or Nago. But Spike as Bang could work if Rarity could pull of Litchi.

AJ and Dash as Ragna and Jin is just so good. I'm surprised nobody has explored this more. Will be strange hearing Jin's words come out of Dash's mouth when he speaks about Ragna.

Zecora as Arakune works on a level that it shouldn't but I do like the paring.

Trixie as Carl works if Snips and Snails together are Nirvana.

Even though they used Twilight as Tsubaki I think she would work better as Kokonoe.

All in all I like the mashup.

Ark

Acerac said:
Less than 2 months til new episodes!

This is my most anticipated show that I can remember. What is the exact date new eps start airing? I know it is sometime in October...

2 months already? Oh how time flies.

What's up by the way, haven't posted in this thread at all :lol

Orcastar

Myke Greywolf said:
I don't think this has been posted yet, but I may be wrong:

BlazBrony: Friendship Trigger intro

So many ponies solemnly looking at nothing in particular and/or trying their hardest to look badass!
That was awesome. Would totally main Bic Mac
because I'm too crap at BlazBlue to main anyone else except Tager ;_; .
I'm still surprised how few FiM Flash fan animations have popped up. We need moar!

Moving on, remember that tear-jerking Rainbow Dash comic from earlier? Well someone just made a video version of it and added some pretty tear-jerking and strangely appropriate music from a certain animated movie. You have been warned.

Songbird

Prodigal Son
Mirimar said:
Welp, she's got Fluttershy's number. Last we'll be seeing of that pony :lol
Welcome to the Pinkamina avatar club! About fluttershy, who knows if we'll see her in another strip? >:)

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
ChuckNoLuck said:
http://30.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lqhz2sFL7r1r13zcco1_500.png
Pinkamina has crossed the line. Corrupting Scootaloo and turning Ponyville into her own depraved, murderous playground is one thing; But no one, no one messes with Fluttershy. Just ask Gilda.

G-Fex

THIS IS WONDERFUL!

I can't wait to see what she does to Twilight Sparkle.

I'm over here giggling like a schoolgirl cause she done snuffed Fluttershy.

This is truly pony-riffic.

Can we tone down the inline Pinkie Tumblr picts? Some of us (occasionally) browse from work. And I imagine it can't look that great for the occasional "casual" person who clicks in to see what all the fuss is about. We're supposed to be recruiting, not scaring away.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Grimdark stuff is worse than human ponies.

I can understand human ponies, een If I don't care for all but the smallest handful of drawings I've seen. People get ponified, Ponies get humanized. But for something people enjoyed for it's more simplistic and innocent comedy, I really don't understand the desire to insert all this grimdark stuff.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
DrForester said:

I can understand human ponies, een If I don't care for all but the smallest handful of drawings I've seen. People get ponified, Ponies get humanized. But for something people enjoyed for it's more simplistic and innocent comedy, I really don't understand the desire to insert all this grimdark stuff.

Agreed.

That's basically why I stopped reading fics and going to ponychan. The community is full of crazies.

McNum

DrForester said:

I agree, part of the fun about the show is that it's decidedly NOT grimdark. Which is also why I don't care much for the fanfics as a lot of them try to play up parts that aren't even a part of the show.

Human ponies? Eh, they're alright. Both human as pony and pony as human. Depending on the quality of the artwork, of course. And still falling under the "not grimdark" rule.

Songbird

Prodigal Son
I really don't have any issues with the tumblr because it just seems like all the grimdark is played solidly for laughs. If we're at the point where something is "worse than human ponies" then people are taking their animated equines a little too seriously.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom