• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony FiM Community |OT| We will love and tolerate the SHIT outta you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sumo390

FTH said:
lol look at how hypocritical some of them are. I have so little respect for OT gaf these days :|

and then you realize just how many of them are likely lurking this thread and it seems quite silly to even discuss with them. Whatever, can't wait for season 2 so we have more awesome to discuss.
Most of them get more passionate about the topic of MLP than some that like it. It's pretty hilarious.

Somebody needs to edit the Pinkie Pie pic with Haters Gonna Hate. Preferably the birthday cake. I'd do it but I suck at that kind of stuff.

And that thread is what it's gonna be. Everybody will never be able to truly understand one another. Life would be boring if everybody agreed all the time. So I'll enjoy MLP for what it is to me and if you don't like it that's too damn bad.

Zomba13

FTH said:
lol look at how hypocritical some of them are. I have so little respect for OT gaf these days :|

and then you realize just how many of them are likely lurking this thread and it seems quite silly to even discuss with them. Whatever, can't wait for season 2 so we have more awesome to discuss.
I have no problem with the hate for the show. I understand that not everyone likes the things I like and it is an odd thing to like if you've not even bothered watching any of it.
I just can't stand the personal attacks though. I know this is the internet and all but it just seems really stupid to personally insult a fanbase of a cartoon. I mean, they seem to magically forget that every fanbase has the weird/creepy fans and just assume that we're all creepy but they are perfectly normal for liking whatever they like.

Does someone know where I can find a good quality belle eve, standing like the rest of the mane 6 in the comic con poster? I had an idea for the banner it may look cool if it works.

Orcastar

Zomba13 said:
I have no problem with the hate for the show. I understand that not everyone likes the things I like and it is an odd thing to like if you've not even bothered watching any of it.
I just can't stand the personal attacks though. I know this is the internet and all but it just seems really stupid to personally insult a fanbase of a cartoon. I mean, they seem to magically forget that every fanbase has the weird/creepy fans and just assume that we're all creepy but they are perfectly normal for liking whatever they like.
I don't have a problem with people not liking the show; of course it's not for everyone, nothing is or ever will be. What I do have a problem with is the irrattional hatred that some people seem to exhibit towards it. Of course a lot of it is exaggeration and trolling, this is the internet after all, but some of these people are genuinely offended that "normal" (whatever that means) grown-up people enjoy My Little Pony and as a result feel some kind of twisted urge to bring the fans down and will resort to name-calling and personal attacks to achieve this. I just don't understand that.

Some of them claim the show itself is horrible, but I don't understand that when for me at least it's one of the most universally "nice" shows I've ever seen. Even if I try to look at the show as objectively as I can, I can't find anything really offensive in it that could warrant such a reaction. Others claim that they hate it because of the fandom, but I don't understand that either when it seems to me the show has one of the friendliest fandoms on the internet (then again I don't understand the hate for the Sonic fandom either, though I'm not too familiar with it). Of course there's creepy fanart and R34 and some of the fans can be quite out there, but that's true for every fandom.

So what's the conclusion? That there is no rational reason for people to truly hate the show and that some people are just assholes that derive enjoyment out of insulting others and trying to make them feel miserable for liking something they don't. And that's just depressing.

And now I'm all down from thinking about all this and from how naive the above makes me seem. Here's some fanart to compensate:

2th

Banned
SpacePirate Ridley said:
Does someone know where I can find a good quality belle eve, standing like the rest of the mane 6 in the comic con poster? I had an idea for the banner it may look cool if it works.

myke has one i think but there is always

JZo9Jh.png

oh and the belle eve imgur account http://belleeve.imgur.com/all/#1

Narag said:
We'll just have to post human ponies so Eatchildren keeps his eye on the thread.
I'm_OK_with_this-(n1297479238664).png

tafer said:
Oh wow, that thread is massive ban carnival, I hope it's nothing serious. (The few posts I read weren't THAT bad)
I was in and out of the chat a lot when that happen, but I think tiff said it was for 7 months O_O.

SpacePirate Ridley said:
It's missing a lot of recent work, but have you looked through the Belle Eve imgur? (I need to update this... uggg)

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
Orcastar said:
From the lack of trolling PonyGAF shirts got in the t-shirt design thread, I was beginning to think that GAF was starting to get over their pony hate. That thread sure proved me wrong. It's kinda hilarious how seemingly insulted some people get from someone enjoying a show like MLP, but on the other hand it's pretty sad too. Oh well, haters gonna hate I suppose.

oh god. *save* so guud.

OMG Aero

Tomorrow on the Synchtube we'll be taking a look at the next part of G1, a sequel to the movie we watched last week called The End of Flutter Valley. This is also a movie so it lasts for about 1 hour 20 minutes, but unlike the previous one this was broken up into 10 minute segments for TV so I have a question for you guys:
Would you prefer to watch it all in one go like we did last week, or would you like to return to the normal length of the streams and watch half this week and half next week? The different parts don't have recaps or anything so people might forget what happened last if we stretch it over two weeks, but since they are split into parts anyway it's a bit different than the last movie intending to be shown all in one go. Basically I just want to know if people don't mind another stream as long as the last one or if they prefer to go back to the normal length.

Also have a picture of what I like to think of as Fluttershy and RD in their rebellious years.

Fluttershy doesn't look half bad with short hair.

McNum

I wouldn't mind watching the whole thing like last time. Was fun. Plus we're running out of weeks before Season 2 starts.

Also, "The End of Flutter Valley"? Oh noes! The poor flutterponies! What will they do? I hope it involves cheesy songs and silly villains.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
SpacePirate Ridley said:
Thanks guys, will probably try something with this two.

Think the top one would best match the style of the comicon poster. Though maybe try to make her smile like everyone else.

DrForester said:
Think the top one would best match the style of the comicon poster. Though maybe try to make her smile like everyone else.
The top one is what Myke drew for our current banner in this thread.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
I still have the .PSD for the original banner in this thread. and the .PSDs for the separators. Let me know if you guys want me to cook something up for S2 OT or if you just want the PSD files.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Pancakes said:
I still have the .PSD for the original banner in this thread. and the .PSDs for the separators. Let me know if you guys want me to cook something up for S2 OT or if you just want the PSD files.

Cook something up! Already said I'd like to see multiple ones and we can vote.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
I'm probably just going to change the text and move some characters around in the original banner.

If anyone has suggestions, I'd loved to hear them.

OQaYn.jpg

Do we have to keep the "We're gonna love etc... " line in the banner? I'd personally prefer it without. I've always felt that whole meme / mantra was annoying and comes off sounding stuckup.

Theonik

Should put some really generic action movie sequel cliche subtitle. Like apocalypse.
"My Little Pony Friendship is Magic Season 2 |OT| Pony apocalypse"

McNum

Theonik said:
Should put some really generic action movie sequel cliche subtitle. Like apocalypse.
"My Little Pony Friendship is Magic Season 2 |OT| Pony apocalypse"
"Ponycalypse"

I'd be tempted to use a quote from the show, though, but I'm not sure wich one to suggest. "You're going to LOVE ME!" is probably not a good idea.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
McNum said:
"Ponycalypse"

I'd be tempted to use a quote from the show, though, but I'm not sure wich one to suggest. "You're going to LOVE ME!" is probably not a good idea.

"My Little Pony FiM Season 2 |OT| *yay*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom