• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony FiM Community |OT| We will love and tolerate the SHIT outta you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

G-Fex

RiccochetJ said:
What's your first choice?

Ranking goes

1. RD
2. AJ
3. Rarity
4. Fluttershy
5. Twilight

Though Rarity would make for the queen type more easily but I wouldn't change a thing about RD.

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
G-Fex said:
Ranking goes

1. RD
2. AJ
3. Rarity
4. Fluttershy
5. Twilight

Though Rarity would make for the queen type more easily but I wouldn't change a thing about RD.
You're clearly distracted by her 80's sport shorts. AJ is where it's at. Rarity too if she wasn't so prissy.

Cheerilee

Rickenslacker said:
Looking back at the few pages I missed, that touching Spike/Twilight comic had me thinking... Twilight probably won't have to worry about the day that Spike grows up, because I imagine she'll be long dead before then. I don't know the exact lifeline of a dragon in the MLP universe, but if one can take a hundred year nap then I think the time it takes one to reach adulthood would exceed the life of a pony.
Celestia is more than 1000 years old (maybe a great deal more) and isn't showing signs of slowing down, and it seems like she's training Twilight to be her successor.

Twilight won't have to worry about Spike, because Spike will always be her unworthy servant, even when he looks big while Twilight still looks tiny and cute. Appearances are deceiving. Twilight will be the scary one.

In that last pic, Spike's not flying off into the sunset, Twilight was just saying to him "That mountain is partially obscuring my sun. Spike, go move the sun for me. Or the mountain. Whatever. No no, you're doing it wrong. The sun goes left, not right. My left, not your left. Argh, fine. Step aside. I'll do it myself." That's why Twilight is crying in the next pic. Because she knows she'll be stuck with Spike's insufficient servitude for thousands of years.

Owlowiscious is totally dead though. And nobody minds.

G-Fex

RiccochetJ said:
You're clearly distracted by her 80's sport shorts. AJ is where it's at. Rarity too if she wasn't so prissy.

I dig RD's and Rarity's attitude. But I love southern belles.

Such confliction

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
ruby_onix said:
Celestia is more than 1000 years old (maybe a great deal more) and isn't showing signs of slowing down, and it seems like she's training Twilight to be her successor.

Wait, Twilight gains longevity? How? Drinking some magic drink?

Cheerilee

Ookami-kun said:
Wait, Twilight gains longevity? How? Drinking some magic drink?
I wouldn't guess exactly how. But it's probably something that can't easily be shared, because that would lead to a world of immortals and overpopulation.

But then again, Twilight has to grow wings and learn cloudwalking in order to become an Alicorn, and the first thing she did with both was start handing them out to her friends. So yeah, maybe it's a potion.

Orcastar

I'd like to think that Spike would grow out of his incompetence some day.

Anyway, comic time again!

And some cool Discord fanart.

Discord and Pinkie OTP. :p

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
Thnikkaman said:
Hey guys, before I stagger off to bed I wanted to share another ask-blog on Tumblr. It's for an OC, I know, but the character is super cute. Also it's Briskby/Rose, an artist I'm a fan of.

Ask Inky!

Apologies for the double post.
This show definitely needs some cute donkeys. Not dopey mule cameos.

Cheerilee

Orcastar said:
I'd like to think that Spike would grow out of his incompetence some day.
Spike's remarkably competent. I think that as he gets more skilled and reliable though, Twilight will start making greater and greater demands, and will keep pushing him outside of his comfort zone. If Spike's capable of doing X, I think Twilight expects him to be able to do it perfectly, all day long like a machine. If he becomes a master of X, she'll ask him to start doing Y.

Thinking of Twilight discovering a Fountain of Youth potion and recklessly giving it to all her friends (unlike Celestia and Luna, unless they had no friends), what do you see as the futures of the mane cast after a few hundred years?

Twilight, I'm sure would become the next Celestia. Even if Celestia sticks around forever, I can totally see Twilight taking up the mantle of a lesser god.

Applejack, I kind of expect wouldn't take the potion. It's unnatural, don'cha know? She'd choose to grow old and die unafraid when it's her time to go, just like all her Earth Pony ancestors.

Rainbow Dash would become a famous celebrity athlete, and then she'd grow out of it and step back from the limelight to live a private life, becoming a living legend.

Fluttershy would become a kind of Mother Teresa, wandering the world giving first-hand aid to critters and maybe ponies.

Rarity, I'm not really sure. She'd always be fabulous, but I don't think she'd do fashion as a career forever. What comes next for her, I have no idea.

Pinkie Pie, I kind of expected would make a play for godhood (maybe even getting there faster than Twilight), but now I think she'd more likely become the next Discord. She's not taking a traditional route to power, and one of the legendary heroes always becomes a great villain.

PBalfredo

Rickenslacker said:
Looking back at the few pages I missed, that touching Spike/Twilight comic had me thinking... Twilight probably won't have to worry about the day that Spike grows up, because I imagine she'll be long dead before then. I don't know the exact lifeline of a dragon in the MLP universe, but if one can take a hundred year nap then I think the time it takes one to reach adulthood would exceed the life of a pony.
Most likely, but I think there is still a fair chance Twilight would live up to that point. Longevity in wizard-like characters is common fantasy trope. High level of magical aptitude might be what keeps Celestia going, if not outright-goddesshood.

Plus, in the comic, even at his largest Spike isn't even an eighth the size of the adult dragons already depicted in the show. He doesn't need to become a full grown dragon to have to move out. Just an adolescent with a growth spurt making him too large to live with little ponies.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
That Derpy comic made me wonder how Belle Eve would become if Discord brainwashed her.

NeoGAF becomes friendly to each other?

Narag

Ookami-kun said:
That Derpy comic made me wonder how Belle Eve would become if Discord brainwashed her.

NeoGAF becomes friendly to each other?
She'd actually play games rather than just talk about them.

OMG Aero

BatDan said:
So who wants to watch some more G1 episodes during the break?
noFAh.png

Seriously though this news is awful.

karby

OMG Aero said:
So who wants to watch some more G1 episodes during the break?
noFAh.png

Seriously though this news is awful.

Reading the ED link, it looks like the gap is between episode 2 and 3, not 1 and 2. I think(I'm not certain) that the season 2 episodes air out starting in from the second Saturday of October( at least I hope so). If that's the case, then it's not that bad.

karby said:
Reading the ED link, it looks like the gap is between episode 2 and 3, not 1 and 2. I think(I'm not certain) that the season 2 episodes air out starting in from the second Saturday of October( at least I hope so). If that's the case, then it's not that bad.
That wouldn't be too bad. October or November is when a lot of people thought S2 would start anyways.

ruby_onix said:

Twilight won't have to worry about Spike, because Spike will always be her unworthy servant, even when he looks big while Twilight still looks tiny and cute. Appearances are deceiving. Twilight will be the scary one.

In that last pic, Spike's not flying off into the sunset, Twilight was just saying to him "That mountain is partially obscuring my sun. Spike, go move the sun for me. Or the mountain. Whatever. No no, you're doing it wrong. The sun goes left, not right. My left, not your left. Argh, fine. Step aside. I'll do it myself." That's why Twilight is crying in the next pic. Because she knows she'll be stuck with Spike's insufficient servitude for thousands of years.

Owlowiscious is totally dead though. And nobody minds.

Im ok with this.

OMG Aero

If they were always planning on having a week/fortnight break between episodes 2 and 3, they really should have shown episodes 1 and 2 together as a sort of direct to TV movie instead of giving us a taste of the delicious nectar that is weekly ponies before taking away for a week or two.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom