• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony FiM Community |OT| We will love and tolerate the SHIT outta you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Slamtastic said:
At least they get this.
I personally wouldn't consider that a good thing. The song itself sounds fine but I'm not a fan at all of that kind of opening, it's like a poorly edited music video instead of a proper show opening.

blamite said:
I hate this kind of intro. It shows waaaay too much from the episodes.

At least it has Scootaloo though. That's one way the American intro can be improved. :D
This is another reason I don't like those kind of openings for shows.

On and the Scoot mention reminded me this:
Behold the greatness of this video!
Warning: Don't watch if you are sensitive to seizures, especially with Flux mode on.

blamite

AdawgDaFAB said:
On and the Scoot mention reminded me this:
Behold the greatness of this video!
Warning: Don't watch if you are sensitive to seizures, especially with Flux mode on.
That site is awesome. I think this is one of my favorite videos for it.

I was all:
68.png

Ellis Kim

Banned
Professor Beef said:
I was instructed to come here if I wanted to see what my avatar looked like ponyfied. Can anyone help?
I'm thinking... distressed Pinkie Pie behind the monitor, with Flutterbitch's color desaturated hoof in the foreground.

Orcastar

Sounds like they reworked the series quite a bit in Italy. I like the theme song, but agree that the editing is pretty haphazard, seems to be just random clips strewn together.

karby

BatDan said:
Here's an update on the episode gap.
http://www.equestriadaily.com/2011/09/episode-gap-clarification.html

We'll get Return of Harmony Part Two this week, no new episode next week, then we'll get Episode 3 (the true start of Season 2)

I am ok with this. I'd like to see a rerun of the first 2 episodes, only because I think that this is the last we'll see of Discord, at least until season 3.

also, Discord is Celestia's and Luna father.
No, not really.

BatDan said:
Here's an update on the episode gap.
http://www.equestriadaily.com/2011/09/episode-gap-clarification.html

We'll get Return of Harmony Part Two this week, no new episode next week, then we'll get Episode 3 (the true start of Season 2)

I think you might be misreading the link. As far as I can tell, it's just confirming where the gap will come, not how long it will last. Some people were apparently concerned that the gap would start this weekend, leaving us a few weeks before the second part of the discord episode aired. This confirms that we will be getting part 2 on Saturday, an the gap will start after that. No mention of how long that gap will be, as far as I can tell.

Orcastar said:
Sounds like they reworked the series quite a bit in Italy. I like the theme song, but agree that the editing is pretty haphazard, seems to be just random clips strewn together.

Wait, they have also change in italy the episodes in 10 minutes segments?

Looooooooool, and I thought spain was treating the series as shit by putting it at 7am and having a mediocre dub.

Horrible, horrible thing you did there Italy, and also those kinds of opening have to burn in a fire, their time has passed, we are not in the 80's anymore.

Lain

SpacePirate Ridley said:

Looooooooool, and I thought spain was treating the series as shit by putting it at 7am and having a mediocre dub.

Horrible, horrible thing you did there Italy, and also those kinds of opening have to burn in a fire, their time has passed, we are not in the 80's anymore.
We have it at 6.45/50AM in Italy >.>
The 10 minutes segments suck, since every half episodes is over quite fast, but the opening we got looks cool enough to me plus the Italian dubs aren't bad, so there's that at least.

Orcastar

SpacePirate Ridley said:

I think the fact that they reworked the opening is pretty cool, and like I said, I liked the theme song, but they could have done a better job with the editing. I mean there are tons of PMVs on Youtube with better editing than that. So in other words, good idea, but not so good excecution.

On the other hand, chopping the series into 10 minute segments is just stupid.

SpacePirate Ridley said:
and also those kinds of opening have to burn in a fire, their time has passed, we are not in the 80's anymore.
You mean actual good openings?

I know the clip-show nature of the visuals is bad, but I'd be happy to have a real song instead of the ever shortening for more commercial time ones of US TV.

Ikael

I have watched an episode dubbed in Spanish (Applebuck season) and the voices do get better with the time. Applejack in particulary is utterly NNNNNnnnnngh - inducing, as well as Fluttershy. Also, secondary characters are better voiced than the main cast (Trixie comes to mind). Still, it is an overall just okay-ish dub, a shame considering the quality of Spanish voice acting. We can do (far) better than that, me thinks.

Lain said:
We have it at 6.45/50AM in Italy >.>
The 10 minutes segments suck, since every half episodes is over quite fast, but the opening we got looks cool enough to me plus the Italian dubs aren't bad, so there's that at least.

Sorry about that :(

But I still of the opinion that the opening sucks, really bad amv needs to die in a fire already. We had the same as you in the 80s/90s and thank god we stopped.
Yeah, once in a while you get new music that is cool, but changing the op putting silly (and sometimes spoiler) scenes without any cohesion is horrible.

blamite

Slamtastic said:
You mean actual good openings?

I know the clip-show nature of the visuals is bad, but I'd be happy to have a real song instead of the ever shortening for more commercial time ones of US TV.
I know I definitely prefer short openings. Lost, Fringe, Community, even the Office have good short(ish) intros. The Italian MLP intro reminds me of the Battlestar Galactica intro, which I hate because it has a bunch of clips from the episode you're about to watch (Just in SAeason 1 so far, hopefully they changed it later?). That's bad enough, but showing clips from the season finale in he intro to the first episode is just unbelievably dumb.

Long story short, short intros >>>> long intros.

Ikael said:
I have watched an episode dubbed in Spanish (Applebuck season) and the voices do get better with the time. Applejack in particulary is utterly NNNNNnnnnngh - inducing, as well as Fluttershy. Also, secondary characters are better voiced than the main cast (Trixie comes to mind). Still, it is an overall just okay-ish dub, a shame considering the quality of Spanish voice acting. We can do (far) better than that, me thinks.

Gaffer Español? ;)

Ive watched ALL the episodes that have been released in Boing during weekdays (10:30, im not waking up 6:30 to watch the tv in weekends
did it the first two episode :(
), and I really love watching spanish dubs, people that know me know how much I defend them. But MLP is... mediocre. Im not saying is bad, only mediocre.
You are right, dub has improved since the first episode (this morning was zecoras one) but that doesnt mean that the mane 6 are still bland. The first episode Twilight was so horrible my ears were bleeding, Applejack hasnt got cowboy accent and is used too many times, not only in the series (she does lots of background characters, even important ones) but in the majority of spanish dubs, and she isnt doing her best voice (she can do much better, Chowder and StarFox 64 3DS Slippy come to mind), Rarity is, strange, Rainbow Dash is bad, Fluttershy doesnt act as fluttershy (she talks ALWAYS as loud as the rest of the cast) and Pinkie Pie, being the best of the bunch, doesnt talk as energetic as it needs to be (but thats the fault of the translator team).

Now, from the first episodes to now things have improved. This list can tell you right now how things are going.

1. Trixie (best voice in all the series, is perfect, its exactly the same as the american one, and it sounds awesome)
2. Princess celestia (another perfect voice, really great choice to cast this actress)
3. Zecora (sounds also really good, rhymes have been left the majority of the time, but others habe been completly wipe out, not her problem, but translators)
4. Applebloom (sounds better and more mature than the mane 6, but the voice fits)
5. Pinkie Pie (Best of the mane 6, but translators fuck all her dialogs, really sad situation here. Song are not really that great (evil enchantress has been destroyed for example), her singing voice is good, but is not Pinkie Pie, and neither sounds like the not singing voice.
6. Spike (he was to girly at the start, but she has greatly improved and now sounds like a boy)
7. Twilight Sparkle (the most horrible voice in the first episode now sounds much better, its a surprise that she did the best change for good of all the cast, when she was the worst by a huge mile).
8. Applejack (again translators destroyed the character, but even if her voice is not that bad, other characters she did were much better protrayed, as if she didnt bother with this series)
9. Rarity (she sounds strange, no pun intended, sometimes she sounds really good, others bad, havent improved a bit from the first episode)
10. Fluttershy (voice could be awesome is she only fucking TRIED to speak with a lower pitch, when she was angry in Dragonshy, she did the exact same voice as she does normal fluttershy. Ah yeah, theres only two male voices in all the show, well, today he did Flutterguy, would have been good if he had FUCKING SUNG instead of talk in evil enchantress song)
11. Rainbow Dash (just completly bad, im not even sure if she is a professional dubbing actress)

Other voices:
As I said theres two male voices in all the show, the adult voice and the young one. The young one was used in Snails and it was good (but not retarded enough), the adult one has done the french pony at the restaurant in the Ticket master and Flutterguy. The french pony, lets say he didnt want to make a french accent (joke to the shitters), and with flutteguy, sounded ok, until he sings... sings? the problem was he DINDT sing, just horrible.

But translator are the worst of the bunch. The worst thing is knowing that the dub is mediocre becuase Cartoon Network spain didnt want really the show, so instead of trying to put some money, and making a great dub, like the rest of their main channel series, they just gathered a small number of people to bring the series to spain, and slapped the "this thing is for preschoolers tag" and put it Cartoonito.
And then Boing followed the trend.

The end.

Really sad story :(
Thats why me and a group of subbers are bringing a high quality translation of the series in Castillian Spanish in vein of the really great translations disney did in the 90 (like Aladdin and Lion King). We are trying to, even if you are only reading subtitles, make the characters as fun as the american versions, adn even doidn new translation for the songs, that stay true to the originals but have good rhymes and work well in spanish.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Professor Beef said:
That's the wrong kind of human pony. :(

I don't endorse human ponies in general but anthro art is just the worst.

2th said:
i in no way endorse or condone those monstrosities. and provide my default image macro for abominations like that.

ZwPIw.jpg

akira28

Pancakes said:
I don't endorse human ponies in general but anthro art is just the worst.

Now now. There's not a thing wrong with anthro-art. What is wrong is the conversion of perfectly good anthro Type A ponies into anthro Type Bs. That being said, someone needs to delete those from my screen. Type A or Type C or D fan art only please.. Preferably D. Yeah just A and D. Ponies with human mannerism or just Human ponies.

Jintor

C-Viper pony was the best thing on this page.

c.low c.low c.med c.heavy launcher jump low low med heavy launcher forward-z low beam assist continue combo from there!

Ellis Kim

Banned
Professor Beef said:
It's to help differentiate from Tai's Agumon, even though they have different digivolutions (no more WarGreyMon). They also look awesome.
You know what I want?

I want a full bluray release for the various Digimon movies, redubbed and not mixed together like the original Digimon film... though I'd like that too.

Seriously... the second film was so amazing. Its like that new film, right? What was it called? Summer Wars? Still need to watch that. The trailer made me go "lol, that's digimon."

Uchip said:
By request of 2th
twilight_sparkle_by_cookingpeach-d4alfri.jpg

pinkamena_diane_pie_by_cookingpeach-d4admqp.jpg
These are adorable! Very cute.

Its like that new film, right? What was it called? Summer Wars? Still need to watch that. The trailer made me go "lol, that's digimon."
The director for Summer Wars, Mamoru Hosoda, directed that Digimon movie (Our War Game). Based on the visuals and the plots of both, I like to think that he really wanted to remake Our War Game with a bigger budget.

Jintor

Ellis Kim said:
You know what I want?

I want a full bluray release for the various Digimon movies, redubbed and not mixed together like the original Digimon film... though I'd like that too.

Seriously... the second film was so amazing. Its like that new film, right? What was it called? Summer Wars? Still need to watch that. The trailer made me go "lol, that's digimon."

Gonna be honest, the dubbed Digimon movie was still tres awesome

THE DIGI-VOLUTION IS UP AND RUNNING
DID YOU SEE, DID YOU HEAR, DID YOU KNOW IT WAS COMING?
THE DIGI-REV-OLUTION STARTS TODAY
CAN I HEAR YOU SAAAAAAY
DIGIMON!

Fuck yes digirap

Ellis Kim said:
You know what I want?

Same director. Tokikake and the 6th One Piece movie. Both awesome.

Oddly related, I really got Movie 6 vibes from the Season Premiere. Vaguely similar "mind games" setup.

These are adorable! Very cute.

I agree, I'm REALLY not a big Anthro fan, but the occasional art like this is hard for me to not like.

Ellis Kim said:
You know what I want?

My former roommate had all the Digimon movies (minus the Savers movie) on his laptop, but I never found out until it was too late and I moved out. :(

Ellis Kim

Banned
I still have the VHS for the original US film.

the presence and opening act for... what was it? That old weird show on Fox Kids w/ the cutout school kids with real face photos. That's a bit outdated, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom