• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony FiM Community |OT| We will love and tolerate the SHIT outta you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Professor Beef said:
I didn't say it was bad, just my least favorite. :(
Garurumon > Greymon, and you know it.
Narag said:
Regulus, I've been updating that anime list as I remember stuff and well, bad news. We're drifting apart. 74.6%!
I shall recover you through the power of mons!

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Professor Beef said:
Fixed that for ya. Although ShineGreymon > both of them.
I honestly thought WereGarurumon was the weakest chain in that link. It didn't help that it suddenly grew pants out of nowhere. I blame furries. :S

My Little Digimon, My Little Digimon. Ah ah ah ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh~!

7571%20-%20crossover%20Digimon%20dragoneer.png

Oh and here is some random crossover that came up will googling for the above:

OMG Aero

So are you guys okay with doing tomorrow's Synchtube the same time we did last week? Since the first two episodes are two parters, I'm going to stream the first episode again half an hour before the start time so anyone who wants to can watch the whole thing in one go. If we kept the stream time the same then this means episode 1 would start at 10:30pm BST and episode 2 would start half an hour later.
ChuckNoLuck said:
I want to say I'm quite disappointed in PonyGAF when it comes to the love and tolerance of directed toward others’ tastes. Regarding artwork, all of us like ponies, most of us like comics, most of us like daawwww, some of us like human ponies, and some of us like anthro ponies.

The hate coming from some of you for only 2 pictures is very disappointing. I expect it from 2th or Jenga, but no one else.

If you have nothing nice to say, or something very nasty toward another PonyGAFer at that, you should take the proper course of action and say nothing.

We take this shit from the rest of GAF because we all like ponies, so the very last thing I would want to see is it coming from inside of PonyGAF itself. Don't you agree?
Really? I just re-read all the posts after Chip posted those pictures and I saw nothing nasty towards another member as you hinted at, only people saying they don't like some particular pictures and some reaction gifs. If you want no-one to post unless they have nice things to say about pictures does that mean we are no longer allowed to have negative opinions on some fan art now?
This whole thing reeks of hypocrisy, you say you're disappointed in people's love and tolerance towards other people's tastes yet you are saying that if someone's tastes involve not liking a certain type of image they are not allowed to post their opinion. If you want people to tolerate what other people like then you also have to tolerate what other people don't like, not just sweep it under the rug and tell them to not post what they think.
I seem to recall no-one had a problem when people reacted and posted the same way to those Sonic crossover images. You can't have it both ways.

Bakphoon said:
I drew this (based an on a sketch from kevinsano):

CmSUI.jpg

I'm not an art god. Everyone begins small. At least i am trying.
This is delicious! All I can think of is the Bison gif, but then at the end it's suddenly Trixie. Yes. YEEEES!

OMG Aero said:
So are you guys okay with doing tomorrow's Synchtube the same time we did last week? Since the first two episodes are two parters, I'm going to stream the first episode again half an hour before the start time so anyone who wants to can watch the whole thing in one go. If we kept the stream time the same then this means episode 1 would start at 10:30pm BST and episode 2 would start half an hour later.

Really? I just re-read all the posts after Chip posted those pictures and I saw nothing nasty towards another member as you hinted at, only people saying they don't like some particular pictures and some reaction gifs. If you want no-one to post unless they have nice things to say about pictures does that mean we are no longer allowed to have negative opinions on some fan art now?
This whole thing reeks of hypocrisy, you say you're disappointed in people's love and tolerance towards other people's tastes yet you are saying that if someone's tastes involve not liking a certain type of image they are not allowed to post their opinion. If you want people to tolerate what other people like then you also have to tolerate what other people don't like, not just sweep it under the rug and tell them to not post what they think.
I seem to recall no-one had a problem when people reacted and posted the same way to those Sonic crossover images. You can't have it both ways.

I'm fine with this Synchtube plan.

Also, quite right. As long as the discussions stay civil you may post any opinion. No one's going to send you to the corn field for not being all smiles and bubble gum wishes.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Pancakes said:
I don't endorse human ponies in general but anthro art is just the worst.

Same. I just find them really weird and awkward.

Ellis Kim said:
You know what I want?

I want a full bluray release for the various Digimon movies, redubbed and not mixed together like the original Digimon film... though I'd like that too.

Seriously... the second film was so amazing. Its like that new film, right? What was it called? Summer Wars? Still need to watch that. The trailer made me go "lol, that's digimon."

Go watch Digimon Xros Wars nowwwww!

Also *laughs* Tamers being best

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Although I'm kinda peeved that people associate the furry stuff to Krystal and Renamon. Might I remind you the dozen of WolfxFalcoxFox slash, as well as a bunch from Digimon like Leomon? Also, Japan prefers those shipping and them Dragon Man Digimon types like WarGreymon.

And you guys really should watch Digimon Xros Wars. It has a freaking pony in it!

2ebd9g6.png

Songbird

Prodigal Son
I'm hard at work porting Saber Scorpion's pony portraits and voices to Temple of Elemental Evil right now. If anyone's seen the GOG sale thread, the game is really worth it with the Circle of Eight mod installed, since with that you get a mane 6 party! Creating 5 image files is a real bummer, though. BG and IW grey them out automatically.

Ikael

Gaffer Español? ;)

Y a mucha honra! ;D

* complete review of MLP Spanish dub *

Really sad story :(

Thats why me and a group of subbers are bringing a high quality translation of the series in Castillian Spanish in vein of the really great translations disney did in the 90 (like Aladdin and Lion King). We are trying to, even if you are only reading subtitles, make the characters as fun as the american versions, adn even doidn new translation for the songs, that stay true to the originals but have good rhymes and work well in spanish.

Holy shit YES

This need to be done, for great justice. It pains me to see how such an amazing dubbing industry is shaming itself with this poor adaptation.

I can help you out guys with some of the translations, which is badly needed, and not only in regards to songs: There were several jokes that went missing due to the poor translation, like the "fancy mathematics" one, which should have been translated by "contabilidad creativa" and instead they just left it with a shitty, plain "matemáticas".

Also, which voice are you dubbing SpacePirate Ridley? :D I wish I could help you with that too, but I fear that my voice only fits flutterguy XD

razgriz417 said:
Nice, question tho, wasn't it said that discord has a head of a pony? Does anyone actually see that? It doesn't look like one at all
Yeah, I just don't see that at all in his official rendition. Looks more like a goat head or something.

OMG Aero

Rickenslacker said:
Yeah, I just don't see that at all in his official rendition. Looks more like a goat head or something.
Yeah that's the only thing that bugs me about Discord's design. They explicitly say he has the head of a pony, but it looks more like a goat/mule/donkey.

OMG Aero said:
Yeah that's the only thing that bugs me about Discord's design. They explicitly say he has the head of a pony, but it looks more like a goat/mule/donkey.

yea it just kinda bugs me. And in preparation for ponies tomorrow I've been Derp Rollin' all day at work, its like my new Nyan Cat :D

Orcastar

OMG Aero said:
I would prefer an even earlier start time, but this should be ok for me too.

OMG Aero said:
It's one thing to voice your dislike towards a type of art and quite another to call the people posting said art "abominations". Granted, only 2th was doing this while everyone else's responses were quite level-headed this time and some even expressed valid criticism for the pictures. However, reactions to similar pictures have been more extreme in the past. Looking back, Chuck's reaction was a bit over the top for this instance and probably fueled by confirmation bias from 2th's response, but in my opinion his point ultimately still stands. However, I at least don't think this means that we shouldn't be able to voice our opinions, even if they are negative.

So criticize the art, not the people posting the art or their taste and everything will be hunky-dory. And that's exactly what most people were doing this time.

McNum

razgriz417 said:
yea it just kinda bugs me. And in preparation for ponies tomorrow I've been Derp Rollin' all day at work, its like my new Nyan Cat :D
I should stop asking questions that I will regret knowing the answer to, but... "Derp Rollin'"? What is that?

OMG Aero

Orcastar said:
I would prefer an even earlier start time, but this should be ok for me too.
Unless a ton of people want it to be earlier, I don't think I'm going to go much earlier than this otherwise we run into the problem of it being too early for people in other countries.
Orcastar said:
It's one thing to voice your dislike towards a type of art and quite another to call the people posting said art "abominations". Granted, only 2th was doing this while everyone else's responses were quite level-headed this time and some even expressed valid criticism for the pictures. However, reactions to similar pictures have been more extreme in the past. Looking back, Chuck's reaction was a bit over the top for this instance and probably fueled by confirmation bias from 2th's response, but in my opinion his point ultimately still stands. However, I at least don't think this means that we shouldn't be able to voice our opinions, even if they are negative.

So criticize the art, not the people posting the art or their taste and everything will be hunky-dory. And that's exactly what most people were doing this time.
The way I read his posts were that he was calling the anthro-ponies abominations, not the people posting them. And even if he was then people around here need to grow some thicker skins, abomination does not come across as a serious insult in the tone of his posts filled with gifs of ponies and Hank Scorpio.
This whole thing seems like a big overreaction on both sides to me.

Ellis Kim

Banned
PBalfredo said:
DON'T MIND IF I DO!

910eba2e9e020c42fc6f9e1bb221efd3.jpg

tumblr_lrloybOofz1qbfyjb
Oh, I love these two! Sources?

PBalfredo said:
Fer reals, PonyGAF. Love and Tolerance. Get with it.

Meanwhile

CUTIE MARK CRUSADERS SPHERE HUNTERS! YAY!

62235%20-%20Sweetie_Belle%20Yuna%20apple_bloom%20cosplay%20final_fantasy_x2%20paine%20rikku%20scootaloo.png
<3

Also, I deem The Living Machine's human ponies as the most canonical of human ponies... with exception to Zecora.

akira28

PBalfredo said:
thelivingmachine draws the best expressions

762b245e618d11d8b85c038716335538.jpg

Love these types of human Celestia. She's a very interesting character. The coolest lady on Earth with the powers of God, and just the right amount of milfy.

Ellis Kim

Banned
mj1108 said:
Quoting in hopes someone has sent in Belle Eve.
Well, if someone didn't already do it, I just went ahead and sent an email.

Also, I do not like the highlights in that first image at all. Its so wrong and poorly handled. Its like someone smeared vaseline and baby oil all over Pinkie Pie and Discord.

But that second image w/ DJ is awesome. Nice ending, and I love how cutely she's drawn.

Uchip

Banned
the oiled up pinkie pie discord pic has a transparent font displaced over it
what the hell were they thinking? like seriously

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom