• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony FiM Community |OT| We will love and tolerate the SHIT outta you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neki

rainbow dash wants foot race with applejack

uses wings in said race, doesn't use feet.

rainbow dash gonna rainbow dash

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Ultimoo said:
still don't know how drforester can defend trollestia. biggest troll in equestria, even more than discord.

Easy, Celestia has 100% cannon on her side. Luna republic people are nothing but fanfic writers.

Acerac said:
Rules? Show me where in the rulebook it says she is not allowed to fly.
Yeah that's what happens when a dirt pony tries to challenge a pegasus to an athletic competition. It's nice to see how AJ had to remove Dash's main method of transportation to compete though. It's like a guy in a wheelchair saying he'll totally kick my ass in a race... so long as I can't use my legs because he doesn't have working legs to use himself.
It's not about her form of transportation, you don't use your hands in Soccer just because you have hands. Likewise you don't use wings for a pushup because that's not the point of a pushup. Rainbow Dash is just overly dependent on her wings to the point where she insists on being a nuisance when they're inverted instead of just walking. I'm sure Twilight could've frozen everyone in place for the running of the leaves and taken her sweet time to first place too, that would obviously make her the best runner.

Acerac said:
For reference, I believe a tug of war between pegasi would work just fine. Would the pushup competition have been more to your liking if RBD had pretended the last one was done using the strength of her forelegs? The long jump... that I'll give you. ;)
A tug of war between two pegasi that wouldn't be able to fall into the mud, so you mean like the first one who goes within the area of the mud loses instead? Like Rainbow Dash did?

Rickenslacker said:
It's not about her form of transportation, you don't use your hands in Soccer just because you have hands. Likewise you don't use wings for a pushup because that's not the point of a pushup. Rainbow Dash is just overly dependent on her wings to the point where she insists on being a nuisance when they're inverted instead of just walking. I'm sure Twilight could've frozen everyone in place for the running of the leaves and taken her sweet time to first place too, that would obviously make her the best runner.

A tug of war between two pegasi that wouldn't be able to fall into the mud, so you mean like the first one who goes within the area of the mud loses instead? Like Rainbow Dash did?
I could get behind that. It's not about winning, it's about everyone else losing.

takua108

Neo Member
So I'm new here, and I just have to say: maybe discussing ponies in general in one thread isn't the most constructive way to discuss ponies. I'm not suggesting that new threads are made, because this is NeoGAF, and not a pony forum, but it just seems to me that pony fandom is too broad to have any sort of intelligent discussion in one gigantic thread. Some like human ponies, some don't. Some like gore and clop, some don't. Some just like one or two ponies, and some love them all. Putting all of these people into one thread just seems silly. While the number of pony subreddits is equally, if not more silly, at least it seems to make discussions much more positive, from what I've seen.

But this is just the 2c of someone who's only been into My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic for like four weeks now.

PBalfredo

DrForester said:
Easy, Celestia has 100% cannon on her side. Luna republic people are nothing but fanfic writers.
What about the Grand Galloping Gala? She says outright that she enjoyed this years gala so much more because she invited Twilight and her ponyville hick friends to ruin the snobby party. What do you call that?

edit: not arguing that fanon trollestia is true, but canon Celestia isn't 100% troll free either. As a poster here mentioned earlier, the best fanon has at least one toe dipped in canon, and the GGG is that for trollestia

takua108 said:
So I'm new here, and I just have to say: maybe discussing ponies in general in one thread isn't the most constructive way to discuss ponies. I'm not suggesting that new threads are made, because this is NeoGAF, and not a pony forum, but it just seems to me that pony fandom is too broad to have any sort of intelligent discussion in one gigantic thread. Some like human ponies, some don't. Some like gore and clop, some don't. Some just like one or two ponies, and some love them all. Putting all of these people into one thread just seems silly. While the number of pony subreddits is equally, if not more silly, at least it seems to make discussions much more positive, from what I've seen.

But this is just the 2c of someone who's only been into My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic for like four weeks now.
We already have two threads, one in Off-Topic for Season 2, and one here for the general community stuff. NeoGAF just can't handle any more pony threads than that, and it goes for just about every other community within GAF as well. We all may have our differences in preferences and whatnot, but ultimately we shouldn't try to be pushy on one another and try to appreciate all forms of enjoyment that other people in the community like within the GAF rules, even if they're not to an individual's own liking.

Acerac

Banned
DrForester said:
Yeah I bet Celestia uses 100% cannons. Poor Mr. and Mrs. Cake.
Rickenslacker said:
You don't use your hands in soccer because those are the rules. If humans were competing against angels, I'm sure there'd be extra rules in the books to prevent usage of wings. RBD was generously holding back for the entire first half of the competition, but when she saw the events that were absurdly biased towards AJ (a lasso competition? Really?) she decided to go all out.

What if she had used her wings to ease every pushup? Where do you draw the line? Granted, I agree that RBD is a showboat and could have easily held back on how obvious it was that she was doing this with ease, but that's not the discussion, is it? You don't get in to a competition with somebody who has obvious advantages over you then whine when they use them. Make the rules beforehand or shut your face.

Twilight certainly could have done that, assuming there is no rules against using magic. I'd assume that in a world full of magic that the ponies who set up the race would have had the foresight to make those rules, however.
Rickenslacker said:
I'd assume that the rules would be structured like the scenario you gave. Shame AJ lacked the foresight to set them up like that, eh?
takua108 said:

Yeah we're lucky to have any threads considering the attitude of many people on this forum. :)

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Rickenslacker said:
since pegasi use their wings, when they're too tired to continue presumably they'd fall or let go of the rope.

CHEEZMO™

Obsidian fan
takua108 said:

*Contemplates starting a Filly Fiddlers |OT|*

PBalfredo

Wasn't Twilight suppose to the referee of the Iron Pony competition? While I'd say Dash violated the spirit of some of the events, she never got called out on them. Either RBD didn't break the rules, or Twilight is the worst ref ever.

I sort of suspect the later

Narag

PBalfredo said:
Wasn't Twilight suppose to the referee of the Iron Pony competition? While I'd say Dash violated the spirit of some of the events, she never got called out on them. Either RBD didn't break the rules, or Twilight is the worst ref ever.

I sort of suspect the later

If Twilight didn't rules, this implies there wasn't a rulebook to begin with. Everything is in doubt!

Acerac said:
Yeah I bet Celestia uses 100% cannons. Poor Mr. and Mrs. Cake. You don't use your hands in soccer because those are the rules. If humans were competing against angels, I'm sure there'd be extra rules in the books to prevent usage of wings. RBD was generously holding back for the entire first half of the competition, but when she saw the events that were absurdly biased towards AJ (a lasso competition? Really?) she decided to go all out.
Oh, and I guess a ball bouncing competition wasn't in Rainbow's favour? She just decided to blatantly cheat because that's the only way she'd be winning.

Acerac said:
What if she had used her wings to ease every pushup? Where do you draw the line? Granted, I agree that RBD is a showboat and could have easily held back on how obvious it was that she was doing this with ease, but that's not the discussion, is it? You don't get in to a competition with somebody who has obvious advantages over you then whine when they use them. Make the rules beforehand or shut your face.
If she had used her wings to ease every pushup, it would have been equally cheating. If they had gotten into a flying competition or something equally flight dependent, that would be a different story. Or hell, even if more cases were like the mud chick competition, that would be fine. Nope, Rainbow just blatantly ignores it all.

Acerac said:
I'd assume that the rules would be structured like the scenario you gave. Shame AJ lacked the foresight to set them up like that, eh?
"I didn't think I NEEDED to tell you to play fair!" Oh Applejack, being so honest herself she puts that level of trust into others. Even a repeat vandal like Rainbow Dash.

Pandaman said:
since pegasi use their wings, when they're too tired to continue presumably they'd fall or let go of the rope.
Then if it's a case of endurance, what's the purpose of the tugging? They wouldn't be fighting over an area, just tiring eachother out to stop using their wings. If that's the way it works, you might as well let yourself get tugged.

CHEEZMO™

Obsidian fan
tumblr_llqbi5ZvR11qbephuo1_500.gif

I shouldn't have said anything.

The hate is so strong.

I dont think theres anything sexual about posting human ponies that are not rule 34 nor borderline rule 34. If some of the human ponies that are posted here are sexualised (becuase what its posted here mostly is just normal art), then please, dont go outside, to the street, because hey, girls are like that!

Theres nothing wrong with posting good pony art, theres nothing wrong of posting good human pony art. Theres something bad about posting rule 34 art of anything, being pony or human pony art, at least in this thread, taht as we all know GAF has some rules.

And yes, im talking mainly of 2th, you are just being nuts now, you are trying to be like you are the only one sane here because you hate with a passion and you want to prohibit human ponies, even if they are not sexualised (saying that in this thread people post human ponies that are sexualised 90% percent of the times is a lie and you know it). The thing is, I would find normal you dislike human ponies, but coming here time and time again saying we are all disgusting?

And the minority? ha, we know there are some people here that dislike human ponies, but they are like 4 or 5 members and they are not like you, they dislike them, they tell jokes about it (like drforester for example) but they are not saying BAN THEM BAN THEM KILL ALL THE PEOPLE WHO LIKES THEM WITH FIRE. Because thats how your posts sound (and I dont know if you are even trying being serious with that or only joking). The rest of people enjoy them or they dont mind.

I dont like some of the things CHEEZMO and G-Fex put here, but I dont hate them for that, and I will never say they need to be killed with fire. I just pass to the next post and continue having a good time.

Tolerance, my friend.
There has to be rules of course, but lets not get to any dictatorship levels here.

Ah yes to be on topic, I think Rainbowdash cheated. Not because there were official rules, but because even her knew that using her wings in some of the trials was "cheating"
That would have not happened with a comepetition made of a better set of trials worked out for both of them.

Acerac

Banned
Rickenslacker said:
Oh, and I guess a ball bouncing competition wasn't in Rainbow's favour? She just decided to blatantly cheat because that's the only way she'd be winning.
Who picked these events anyways? They could have easily eliminated all these events where the winner was obvious.
*Edit*
Oh wait then there'd be no competition because RBD was competing against a dirt pony never mind. :(

Rickenslacker said:
If she had used her wings to ease every pushup, it would have been equally cheating. If they had gotten into a flying competition or something equally flight dependent, that would be a different story. Or hell, even if more cases were like the mud chick competition, that would be fine. Nope, Rainbow just blatantly ignores it all.
Yeah you and Applejack sure like making up rules where they don't exist. If you don't want somebody to do something, make it a rule. Don't cry about it.

Rickenslacker said:
"I didn't think I NEEDED to tell you to play fair!" Oh Applejack, being so honest herself she puts that level of trust into others. Even a repeat vandal like Rainbow Dash.
Yeah Applejack should read up on some Sirlin. In a competition the rules are what dictates what fair play is. Granted, I wish that everyone would play nice and all that garbage, but that's not how competitions go. If no rules are being broken, it's all fair game.

CHEEZMO™ said:
tumblr_llqbi5ZvR11qbephuo1_500.gif

I shouldn't have said anything.

I'm laughing my ass off over every one of these posts while working on my crappy drawings. You did good Cheezmo. :)

If Twilight was the referee why the fuck she didnt use a sports competition books with rule sets? If theres a fucking book in her library about slumber parties, im sure theres one with pony sports she could have used.

Acerac said:
Yeah you and Applejack sure like making up rules where they don't exist. If you don't want somebody to do something, make it a rule. Don't cry about it.
At some point rules can't be all encompassing and it comes down to common sense. I'm sure destroying another person's PC/console in a video game competition isn't down in the rules somewhere, but I don't think anyone would be calling that person a winner! Rainbow Dash is that person. Besides, she agreed to another competition because she knew she was in the wrong.

Acerac said:
Yeah Applejack should read up on some Sirlin. In a competition the rules are what dictates what fair play is. Granted, I wish that everyone would play nice and all that garbage, but that's not how competitions go. If no rules are being broken, it's all fair game.
I bet Dash would play Akuma in ST.

Now I need to get down with some Dark Souls. TO BE CONTINUED SOME TIME AFTER I DIE A BUNCH

2th

Banned
SpacePirate Ridley said:
The hate is so strong.

I dont think theres anything sexual about posting human ponies that are not rule 34 nor borderline rule 34. If some of the human ponies that are posted here are sexualised (becuase what its posted here mostly is just normal art), then please, dont go outside, to the street, because hey, girls are like that!

Theres nothing wrong with posting good pony art, theres nothing wrong of posting good human pony art. Theres something bad about posting rule 34 art of anything, being pony or human pony art, at least in this thread, taht as we all know GAF has some rules.

And yes, im talking mainly of 2th, you are just being nuts now, you are trying to be like you are the only one sane here because you hate with a passion and you want to prohibit human ponies, even if they are not sexualised (saying that in this thread people post human ponies that are sexualised 90% percent of the times is a lie and you know it). The thing is, I would find normal you dislike human ponies, but coming here time and time again saying we are all disgusting?

And the minority? ha, we know there are some people here that dislike human ponies, but they are like 4 or 5 members and they are not like you, they dislike them, they tell jokes about it (like drforester for example) but they are not saying BAN THEM BAN THEM KILL ALL THE PEOPLE WHO LIKES THEM WITH FIRE. Because thats how your posts sound (and I dont know if you are even trying being serious with that or only joking). The rest of people enjoy them or they dont mind.

I dont like some of the things CHEEZMO and G-Fex put here, but I dont hate them for that, and I will never say they need to be killed with fire. I just pass to the next post and continue having a good time.

Tolerance, my friend.
There has to be rules of course, but lets not get to any dictatorship levels here..
You seem to be missing the point, i dont really mind human ponies that are done tastefully and arent r34 material. But They do not belong in this thread. This thread is about PONIES. We should stay on topic. Not post pictures of seductively poses human ponies. And yes i know not all of the human ponies are like that, i am just saying we should refrain from them and keep to images of the actual characters. No other thread posts fanart as much as this one that i have seen. And no other thread has members and mods openly condoning bastardized versions of the main characters.

As for other people disliking human ponies... im pretty sure forester has openly expressed his disgust for the sexualized ones just like i have and many others. Keep the sexualized ones out and we will have fewer problems.

Summary: You want to post human ponies then dont use image tags and dont force it on the rest of us and make sure they arent sexualized.

CHEEZMO™

Obsidian fan
You're complaining that other members and even mods are condoning human ponies.
This isn't your thread.

Maybe the problem element here is you?

Just a thought.

Acerac

Banned
Rickenslacker said:
At some point rules can't be all encompassing and it comes down to common sense. I'm sure destroying another person's PC/console in a video game competition isn't down in the rules somewhere, but I don't think anyone would be calling that person a winner! Rainbow Dash is that person. Besides, she agreed to another competition because she knew she was in the wrong.
There are laws against breaking other people's property. Even if it's not in the tournament rules there are checks out there to prevent it from happening.

She agreed to another competition because she knew she was so amazing that she could handicap herself and still win. She didn't want that dirt pony to walk away with any sense of victory, imagined as it might be.

Rickenslacker said:
I bet Dash would play Akuma in ST.
Yup. That's why there are rules to prevent people from using Akuma. AJ on the other hand would use a low tier character and whine because it doesn't have the tools to compete.

Fall Weather Friends is a terrible episode with a terrible message- that the use of innate talents is unfair to everyone else, so suppress what's unique and special about yourself in the interest of fairness.

Not really consistent with Boast Busters, either.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
PBalfredo said:
What about the Grand Galloping Gala? She says outright that she enjoyed this years gala so much more because she invited Twilight and her ponyville hick friends to ruin the snobby party. What do you call that?

edit: not arguing that fanon trollestia is true, but canon Celestia isn't 100% troll free either. As a poster here mentioned earlier, the best fanon has at least one toe dipped in canon, and the GGG is that for trollestia

I call it trying to get the aristocracy to lighten up a bit. Hardly Celestia's fault that the message fell on deaf ears.

Acerac said:
Yeah I bet Celestia uses 100% cannons. Poor Mr. and Mrs. Cake.

Lightening an awkward situation with humor is trolling?

Acerac

Banned
Narag said:
Would Dash use Metaknight in competitive Smash?
Nope. Competitive Smash doesn't include Metaknight, or any of the other characters released after Melee. Can you see RBD playing a game as slow as Brawl? It just doesn't make any sense.

Chuck

Still without luck
Amibguous Cad said:
Fall Weather Friends is a terrible episode with a terrible message- that the use of innate talents is unfair to everyone else, so suppress what's unique and special about yourself in the interest of fairness.
I think you missed the message.

Ikael

sorry but its left a sour taste thats not going to go away
its unfortunate because you guys were more likeable than animegaf at first
guess ill just go back to being that guy who doesn't fit in anywhere

I find it unfortunate that you feel this way. I am of the opinion that this has been one of the most welcoming internet communities that I have took part of. Despite the occasional polemic and disagreement (a natural thing among any kind of human group), I think that this is in general a group of well - humoured, lovable folks. And the whole "love and tolerance no matter how much strange it sounds" is great.

Respect for anyone's tastes seems to me like a natural fit for this community, afterall here we are, loving a show aimed for little girls. I may not like grimdark fanfiction but if that makes people like Cheezmo happy, then I am happy for him too ^^

Now, let's move onto subject: Ponies.

OhmygawdIthinkimgonnadddDDDDAAWWWWWWW

This needs to happen so, so much (just linked the image because of the size, not because of any bannable content or anything).

Fun comic

Poor thingie T_T

66862+-+artist+littlepirate+box+filly+luna+woona.png

This episode is going to own so much:

66726+-+Halloween+artist+Egophiliac+celestia+luna+nightmare_night+sisters.png

And of course, humans ponies, just because:

10522+-+applejack+artist+rileyboi+crossover+fluttershy+human+parody+Puella_Magi_Madoka_Magica+rainbow_dash+rarity+twilight_sparkle.jpg

BONUS: Awesomesauce fan animation. Sometimes this fandom is something to behold.

Acerac

Banned
DrForester said:
Lightening an awkward situation with humor is trolling?
Hawhaw I got you to spill hot tea all over the table. How funny for nobody but me!
Pandaman said:
Dash used Sagat in SF4 and kara uppercutted everything.
Dash wins tourneys, AJ uses Dan/Gouken and sits there whining about how gimp her characters are and how she'd totally win if they were only as good as the top tier characters.

akira28

Candy Mane is obviously the 'Bad-ass Normal'. Perhaps less flawed than Applejack, which would make her pretty formidable. I always think of Gucci Mane though when I see the name.

I think the competition between RD and AJ was all about natural advantages and situational ones, but also on a deeper scale about competing with friends. The question is should you ignore your own natural abilities or talents because you might be better then someone else? When it's your friend you;re competing against, is winning still the most important thing? Do you still go all out? Also about the nature of fairness, is something really unfair just because you think it is. Is something not fair just because you're not good at it? Can you accurately recognize fairness? That life isn't always fair? (Applejack I'm looking at you.) I think they're embedding these morals in layers for the young viewership, and it's the good stuff.

2th

Banned
CHEEZMO™ said:
You're complaining that other members and even mods are condoning human ponies.
This isn't your thread.

Maybe the problem element here is you?

Just a thought.

This is a thread about PONIES. I dont see the thread called My Little Human Pony. Do you see that? Sounds like you, EatChildren, Panda and some other people are the ones that might be the problem elements here.

anyways.

Ikael said:
Poor thingie T_T

66862+-+artist+littlepirate+box+filly+luna+woona.png

BONUS: Awesomesauce fan animation. Sometimes this fandom is something to behold.

DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW. THis is the kind of stuff this thread needs more of.

ChuckNoLuck said:
I think you missed the message.
I get what they were trying to communicate, but there's really no other way to interpret a claim that natural athletic advantage should be suppressed in the name of fairness. A busted Aesop, rather than an intentionally twisted one, but a busted one nonetheless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom