• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony FiM Community |OT| We will love and tolerate the SHIT outta you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
2th said:
1)I don't want sexualized human ponies period.
2)If human ponies must be posted then don't put them in img tags.
3)Posting human ponies with img tags is forcing us to view them. We can scroll over them fast but what has been seen cannot be unseen.

How is any of that not clear?
Right and none of that matters because nobody recognizes your right to dictate policy.

How is that not clear?

Acerac said:
As a sidenote, why is it so hard to draw the back legs of ponies? Everything else is relatively simple, but those damned back legs and their weird lightning bolt shape are so damned awkward!
its doable if they're just standing, but by luna its impossible to pose these ponies without being a savant like carek. -.- my brain wants to make the hock kinda humerousy but that gives the ponies weird distended hips, so when they stand i just dont make a distinction between the rump into the turn of the hock but when the pony is sitting or something... fml man.

CHEEZMO™

Obsidian fan
Horse anatomy.

tumblr_lbvw6dIblA1qz4wexo1_400.jpg

Problem?

Acerac

Banned
CHEEZMO™ said:
Hock throwing you off?
Yes, incredibly so.

Side note, I just learned a new word. Thank you.
Pandaman said:
its doable if they're just standing, but by luna its impossible to pose these ponies without being a savant like carek. -.- my brain wants to make the hock kinda humerousy but that gives the ponies weird distended hips, so when they stand i just dont make a distinction between the rump into the turn of the hock but when the pony is sitting or something... fml man.
I'm just getting back in to drawing after a rather lengthy respite, so even the basic stuff is throwing me.

Pokeymans are easy to draw. The other 95% of the bodies of ponies are easy. This part just looks bizarre no matter what I try to do. Oh well, practice makes perfect and all that.

OMG Aero

Oh hey new stuff actually related to ponies.

Pony Orders is opening up pre-orders again on their pony pins. Both myself and buf ordered from there before and, while I don't want to speak on buf's behalf, I was really pleased with the ones I got (I ordered the main six's cutie marks) in case anyone is wary of their quality. The new ones in this batch are Discord, Tom and Berry Punch's mark.

I'm thinking I might order some more myself, stained glass Discord would be a really cool looking stealth pony pin to put on my bag.
If you're interested you can order them here.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
i can never get any legs to look alright

they're always too thick or too thin and the hoof is always some weird saucer monstrosity.

As its settled that in 2th eyes I seem to be an idiot im glad i have him now in my ignore list.
But i think is better if in your arguments you dont try to insult anybody.

OMG Aero said:
Oh hey new stuff actually related to ponies.

Pony Orders is opening up pre-orders again on their pony pins. Both myself and buf ordered from there before and, while I don't want to speak on buf's behalf, I was really pleased with the ones I got (I ordered the main six's cutie marks) in case anyone is wary of their quality. The new ones in this batch are Discord, Tom and Berry Punch's mark.

I'm thinking I might order some more myself, stained glass Discord would be a really cool looking stealth pony pin to put on my bag.
If you're interested you can order them here.

Oh pins. That could be cool to have and would not stand out a lot.
Discord ones awesome. altohugh I would love one of him dancing.

Rickenslacker said:
Even though Rainbow's a complete cheat, I can agree with that. The whole competition was poorly handled and managed, and that they didn't really have anyone refereeing over it was also a lapse in judgement.

Is a tall person cheating a basketball? Is it a lapse of judgment for someone to use their height to their advantage in a game of basketball? Is it reasonable for a shorter person to expect a taller person to work to neutralize their advantage their height gives them?

Amibguous Cad said:
Is a tall person cheating a basketball? Is it a lapse of judgment for someone to use their height to their advantage in a game of basketball? Is it reasonable for a shorter person to expect a taller person to work to neutralize their advantage their height gives them?
Those are just extensions of what basketball requires from the players and represents. Everyone's still doing the same thing. Flying in long jump isn't.

Jintor said:
That's it

everyone is banished to IRC

get out

friendship is over
Constant realtime chat would destroy my already pitiful productivity.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Rickenslacker said:
Those are just extensions of what basketball requires from the players and represents. Everyone's still doing the same thing. Flying in long jump isn't.
she wasnt flying, she was falling. with style.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
While the debate rages about Rainbow Dash vs. Applejack, why do people bring up the tug of war? Flying did nothing but give AJ an advantage. all AJ had to do was hang on, RD had to fly hard enough to support herself, and hand onto the rope at the same time.

Uchip

Banned
2th said:
basically, i come to this thread and MLP in general for the DAAAAAW factor..

straight from the horses mouth
this thread is supposed to please 2th and only 2th

2th said:
You should show people respect and at least not use the image tags for your shit if you feel so compelled to spread your fetish.

also, apparently human girls are a fetish now
hahahahaha (what?)

blamite

DrForester said:
While the debate rages about Rainbow Dash vs. Applejack, why do people bring up the tug of war? Flying did nothing but give AJ an advantage. all AJ had to do was hang on, RD had to fly hard enough to support herself, and hand onto the rope at the same time.
Even if she couldn't hold on, who would hit the mud first, hmm?

Neki

DrForester said:
applejack is pretty fat so I'm sure rainbow dash was really struggling to keep her afloat. using her weight in a tug-o-war sounds like cheating, amirite?

Lesath

DrForester said:

Technically, RD had already lost the moment she was pulled over the mud, but the show decided to run with the idea that you can avoid disqualification so long as you avoid physical contact with it.

Uchip

Banned
Ultimoo said:
applejack is pretty fat so I'm sure rainbow dash was really struggling to keep her afloat. using her weight in a tug-o-war sounds like cheating, amirite?

pretty sure they all have identical bodies
and the one that does all the physical labour is fat? is this backwards land?

2th

Banned
Pandaman said:
Right and none of that matters because nobody recognizes your right to dictate policy.

How is that not clear?

Im pretty sure i never said i am here to dictate policy. However, isnt it somewhere in the TOS that you are supposed to stay on topic in threads? That being said, human ponies are definitely not on topic.

Also, Uchip... as i said on Steam. I hate you sometimes.

Neki

Uchip said:
pretty sure they all have identical bodies
and the one that does all the physical labour is fat? is this backwards land?
no, just compare wing size to body size and you'd have to assume that rainbow dash's skeleton would have to be hollow in order for that wing size to support her, AMIRITE, meaning that pegasi are probably a lot lighter than ground ponies.

Uchip

Banned
Ultimoo said:
no, just compare wing size to body size and you'd have to assume that rainbow dash's skeleton would have to be hollow in order for that wing size to support her, AMIRITE, meaning that pegasi are probably a lot lighter than ground ponies.

she would have to weigh about the same as a loaf of bread
going by the fact that shes designed to fly, her body is very pudgy, therefore she is fat.

2th said:
Im pretty sure i never said i am here to dictate policy. However, isnt it somewhere in the TOS that you are supposed to stay on topic in threads? That being said, human ponies are definitely not on topic.
Sorry man, but that's really stretching it. This is the MLP community thread, the human ponies are MLP fanart, they're thread related.

2th

Banned
Rickenslacker said:
Sorry man, but that's really stretching it. This is the MLP community thread, the human ponies are MLP fanart, they're thread related.

if we go with that same ultra broad thinking then r34 is fan art and should be allowed as well.

So I'm rewatching the series until the 15th, and something bugged me in Applebuck Season.

What's up with the praise RD and pinkie give to AJ?

It seems totally out of Dash's character to call AJ the "best athlete" in front of everyone.

And the best baker? Certainly Pinkie thinks the Cakes are the best bakers?

2th said:
if we go with that same ultra broad thinking then r34 is fan art and should be allowed as well.
imokaywiththis.png

2th said:
This is an all encompassing thread for the series and the fan contributions therein. R34 stuff is prohibited on NeoGAF entirely so that's not remotely equatable.

Slamtastic said:
And the best baker? Certainly Pinkie thinks the Cakes are the best bakers?
I dunno man, you see that huge cake she makes out of nowhere in Best Night Ever? Girl's got some skill.

Ashenai

Neo Member
OMG Aero said:
Yeah, I'm not exactly sure why you brought up Ponygoons Buf. They have way stricter rules then we do here and have never had the drama we have in this thread.

I'm from Ponygoons, and I'd love it if this thread could agree on some simple content rules like we have over there. I like this community, and honestly, I don't care how anyone enjoys ponies privately, but sexualizing MLP bugs me, and every time I see a post like that here it makes me feel a little creeped out and disappointed. I can certainly deal with it, but I'd definitely prefer it if I didn't have to.

In any case, a community should have the power to define what it feels to be acceptable. If a lot of people here love sexy ponies, then hey that's part of what this community is about, and I don't like that but that's my problem. If it's like 2 or 3 people who are into the sexualized stuff and most other people don't want that, then the majority can and should have the ability to say we don't want that here. I haven't been here quite long enough to know for sure which is the case, but I suspect it might be the second.

And just to clarify, I don't think you're a bad person if you're into Rule 34 ponies: my distaste is entirely for the content itself, not the people who enjoy it.

where scoot finds out her cutie mark is a broken hoof she got in that scooter accident she got into when she raced someone because they called her chicken

Why is Doc Brown pony's hair not white? And why does the hoverboard have flames as if it traveled through time!? It's like they didn't even research the source material!

Uchip

Banned
Professor Beef said:
Why is Doc Brown pony's hair not white? And why does the hoverboard have flames as if it traveled through time!? It's like they didn't even research the source material!

why would anyone need to research back to the future?

Narag

Professor Beef said:

Why is Marty naked?

Uchip

Banned
Professor Beef said:
Because if I go back in time in a time-traveling Delorian, I'll know what to do. Good luck not messing up the future, Uchip.

I think you missed my point!
everyone should know this movie by now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom