• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony FiM Community |OT| We will love and tolerate the SHIT outta you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Orcastar

judhudson said:
Orcastar - You're avatar, are there more like these? I always get a kick out of it when I come across yours.
Thanks for the compliment! I don't think there are similar pics of the rest of the mane cast, at least I haven't come across any. This one is actually straight from the series; see Feeling Pinkie Keen at around 14:44.

And yeah, how did Cheez get banned again?

In memory of CHEEZMO...

ruby_onix said:
Yep, it's like a wheelchair-bound person challenging an able-bodied person to a basketball contest (not specifically a wheelchair-basketball contest). And the able-bodied person arrives in a wheelchair out of respect, even though nobody asked them to do so.

The able-bodied person is out of their element, frustrated with their inability to use the chair properly, and at a clear disadvantage in terms of speed and control, but doesn't show a single sign of complaint, and manages to hold their own and keep the score tied through superior shooting.

Then at the halfway point of the match, the able-bodied person leaves the chair on the sidelines and very obviously walks onto the court. The handicapped person is clearly furious, thinking that they deserve to have all matches played on their terms, even when they don't specifically request it, but despite their anger, they say nothing, because deep down they refuse to accept that being handicapped puts them at a disadvantage, and they think they stand a chance against an able-bodied person. The handicapped person still has a speed advantage (wheels are faster than legs), but now they're angry and frustrated and their game is off, and with the increased comfort and control (and some luck), the able-bodied person is able to dominate the second half.

Only after the game is over, does the handicapped person voice their complaints and call cheating. But this was a moderated event, and even the referees don't agree with the accusation of cheating. The able-bodied person was using the wheelchair as a courtesy, and was free to stop extending that courtesy at any time, for any reason (in this case, because the results of a handicap match were clear, it was a draw, and they wanted to know the results of a non-handicap match).
This is such an awful comparison, and let's stop using the whole ragging on the handicapped to try and make a point because nothing about the competitions were actually in favour of a pegasus. This would be more apt if a more lopsided competition happened, like AJ challenging her to a race solely based on speed, but within the Iron Pony sets it's more like RBD was a steroid abuser versus a regular honest player. Didn't you get the message of the episode? Don't do drugs kids.

ruby_onix said:
If a PC gamer was playing a console gamer, and the PC gamer willingly uses that same console's controller with an adapter, even though they weren't asked, and at the halfway point says "Fuck it, I'm going mouse/keyboard like the Master Race gamer I am," and the console gamer doesn't immediately object because they don't understand the awesomeness of mouse/keyboard, they say nothing at all until they are finally and totally destroyed, and then they complain that mouse/keyboard is cheating? Mouse/keyboard is default for a PC gamer. It's not some unforseen oddity. If you didn't want it, you had many chances to say so.
Another comparison that doesn't fit, because the things she used her wings in aren't aided by the benefit of having wings. The way RBD did the long jump, she could have gone on for miles if she wanted, because she didn't just jump.

Dai101

Banned
From the funny pics thread:

DG69v.jpg

2th

Banned
G-Fex said:
applejack always seems to win in the human category.

So it's a tie between her and Rainbow Dash.

Neck and neck.

For the cosplay, its the cowgirl and sporty thing. you know that either could hold their own in the bedroom.

Anyways the pinkie pie in that picture is damn cute too.

G-Fex

2th said:
For the cosplay, its the cowgirl and sporty thing. you know that either could hold their own in the bedroom.

Anyways the pinkie pie in that picture is damn cute too.

I'll take both,

what the hell, I'll take twi and rarity too, i'll take all four.

Fluttershy is the cutest pony, therefore a plush of her makes the most sense because you just wanna hug her until she can't breath anymore forever. It's her shyness that makes you say "daaaaawwww, come here and I'll protect you, snugglebutt."

McNum

Professor Beef said:
Fluttershy is the cutest pony, therefore a plush of her makes the most sense because you just wanna hug her until she can't breath anymore forever. It's her shyness that makes you say "daaaaawwww, come here and I'll protect you, snugglebutt."
Yeah, this. Of all the ponies, Fluttershy is the one you'd want to give a nice friendly hug. She's too adorable.

Although that plushie has a flaw, she should say "Yay." when you squeeze her hoof. Still, it's an amazing fan plushie. You think Hasbro is taking notes about how common fan plushies of Fluttershy is? Not gonna lie, if there was one FiM merch I'd find really tempting to buy, it'd be a Fluttershy plushie. Especially if you can brush her mane.

Not only the fluttershy plush is awesome and sings, that she also has fucking angel with her.
Best plush ever.

I would wish for and awesome well done version of pinkie pie that sings giggle at the ghsotly or singing telegram and comes with Gummy the awesome alligator.
I would pay so much money for that, but possibly not what is going to cost this plush at ebay in the end of the bid.
Hasbro, just fucking do it. I would pay 60-80 euros for a plush like that.

Orcastar said:
So someone's made another pretty awesome Fluttershy plushie.
Why are all the best plushies of Fluttershy? Make a Twilight or a Pinkie one, dammit!

http://i.imgur.com/0iIuT.png[IMG][/QUOTE]Huh, yeah that's pretty cool...

[QUOTE=Orcastar]Ain't she cute? But wait, there's more! Guess what happens when you pull her ear?

She sings. That's right, [URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mrpJ9R9TSac"]a Fluttershy plushie that sings "Hush now, quiet now" when you pull it's ear[/URL]. (turn the volume up, the video is kinda quiet).[/quote][img]http://i.imgur.com/nXnwk.jpg

I'm really liking the mane/tail style on these plushies as opposed to the brushable kinds.

Acerac

Banned
I'd totally buy plushes of the 4 best ponies as long as they were reasonably priced.

It'd a shame though, they'd probably produce all 6 equally. I'm sure Twilight would sell as she is the mane character but there would be so many Applejacks that nobody would buy.

PBalfredo

Professor Beef said:

(click for full size)

Ikael

The bitter debate about the whole human vs non human ponies is silly. Tolerance, you guys. I may not like everything that is posted on this tread, but it really does not ruin my day, for, in the end, the good side of pony gaf outweights the bad. Just... live and let live.

It is really uncomfortable and fruitless to pretend to hold to a higher standard than the rest of the boards.
You don't need to self - censor yourself when you are surrounded by friends, right? In short:

commission___words_to_live_by_by_egophiliac-d3wjiwx.jpg

And now, onto moar ponies:

metal_gear_woona_boss_fight_by_egophiliac-d46qxbw.png

fourze___luna_by_egophiliac-d48w088.png

artist_training_ground_day_12_by_egophiliac-d3ibrck.jpg

Orcastar said:
Sorry but Pinkie Pie has the best fan songs and also the best fan animations.

I stand correct on the best song part. Now, however, about best animation, well... she has the best fan animation, bar none. Also, she's quite funny to boot!

bald_by_tavisharts-d4bcapa.png
[/IMG]

LuffyZoro said:
http://i.imgur.com/AUAwg.png
NNNNNNNNGGGHGHHHHHHHHHHH

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom