• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony FiM Community |OT| We will love and tolerate the SHIT outta you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Continuing my rewatch, saw this and lol'd.

W0M3I.png

Is there a name/story for Derpy 2 in the BG there?

D7ggv.png

Orcastar

Soo the AJ vs. RD debate seems to have died down and the conclusion was pretty much what I was saying all along. We also had some debate over Trollestia again, so according to Aero's chart it's pony rankings next? I'll start by posting the only true ranking:

1. Twilight Sparkle
1. Pinkie Pie
2. Applejack
2. Fluttershy
2. Rainbow Dash
2. Rarity

Discuss.

G-Fex

DhSrD.jpg

FdRHs.jpg

oGwO7.jpg

you have no idea how much I'd watch this show. I don't even care if they try to recreate the cartoon as long as it's these girls.

Cheerilee

Acerac said:
It's like somebody in a wheelchair complaining because their opponent used their legs in a basketball game. Sure it's unfair. Perhaps you shouldn't challenge somebody who is obviously at an advantage to you in a competition.
Yep, it's like a wheelchair-bound person challenging an able-bodied person to a basketball contest (not specifically a wheelchair-basketball contest). And the able-bodied person arrives in a wheelchair out of respect, even though nobody asked them to do so.

The able-bodied person is out of their element, frustrated with their inability to use the chair properly, and at a clear disadvantage in terms of speed and control, but doesn't show a single sign of complaint, and manages to hold their own and keep the score tied through superior shooting.

Then at the halfway point of the match, the able-bodied person leaves the chair on the sidelines and very obviously walks onto the court. The handicapped person is clearly furious, thinking that they deserve to have all matches played on their terms, even when they don't specifically request it, but despite their anger, they say nothing, because deep down they refuse to accept that being handicapped puts them at a disadvantage, and they think they stand a chance against an able-bodied person. The handicapped person still has a speed advantage (wheels are faster than legs), but now they're angry and frustrated and their game is off, and with the increased comfort and control (and some luck), the able-bodied person is able to dominate the second half.

Only after the game is over, does the handicapped person voice their complaints and call cheating. But this was a moderated event, and even the referees don't agree with the accusation of cheating. The able-bodied person was using the wheelchair as a courtesy, and was free to stop extending that courtesy at any time, for any reason (in this case, because the results of a handicap match were clear, it was a draw, and they wanted to know the results of a non-handicap match).

Rickenslacker said:
At some point rules can't be all encompassing and it comes down to common sense. I'm sure destroying another person's PC/console in a video game competition isn't down in the rules somewhere, but I don't think anyone would be calling that person a winner! Rainbow Dash is that person.
If a PC gamer was playing a console gamer, and the PC gamer willingly uses that same console's controller with an adapter, even though they weren't asked, and at the halfway point says "Fuck it, I'm going mouse/keyboard like the Master Race gamer I am," and the console gamer doesn't immediately object because they don't understand the awesomeness of mouse/keyboard, they say nothing at all until they are finally and totally destroyed, and then they complain that mouse/keyboard is cheating? Mouse/keyboard is default for a PC gamer. It's not some unforseen oddity. If you didn't want it, you had many chances to say so.

DrForester said:
While the debate rages about Rainbow Dash vs. Applejack, why do people bring up the tug of war? Flying did nothing but give AJ an advantage. all AJ had to do was hang on, RD had to fly hard enough to support herself, and hand onto the rope at the same time.
Yep, and Rainbow Dash's winning tactic, tricking Applejack into talking, would have worked on the ground. Wings were a red herring in this match.

blamite said:
Even if she couldn't hold on, who would hit the mud first, hmm?
Lesath said:
Technically, RD had already lost the moment she was pulled over the mud, but the show decided to run with the idea that you can avoid disqualification so long as you avoid physical contact with it.

The instant RD let go of the rope, she would have lost.

If you get jerked towards the mud and you're flying through the air about to land in it, and your opponent lets go of the rope before you hit, the one who let go of the rope loses. You're not in the mud until you're in the mud.

Also, the tug of war had a flag on the rope. When it passes a certain point (presumably the edge of the pit), you can win that way. RD went over the pit, but the flag stayed center.

If RD had slowly lowered AJ into the mud, that would have been flaunting her wings and using her superior traction against air to beat AJ's superior traction against ground. This wasn't one of her flaunting matches.

Also
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VVG5cpu146c

CHEEZMO™

Obsidian fan
What is it with him and being banned in animugaf?

I was going through the thread, saw he was banned and was going to ask if he fell to Duckroll's sword again.

Seems I was right.

CHEEZMO™

Obsidian fan
tumblr_lskwoylDQZ1qm9kn7o1_500.png

Saw this on Trees' tumblr.

There's also a suggestive Applejack sketch he drew under the question "What would you ideal sexual encounter consists of" which is hilarious.

But you're all a bunch of spoilsports so I ain't gonna post it. You can go to his tumblr if you care.

/post spam

judhudson

Orcastar said:
Shaddap, Ruby's analyses' are awesome. I wish I could pen stuff like that so effortlessly.

image.php

Orcastar - You're avatar, are there more like these? I always get a kick out of it when I come across yours.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom