• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony FiM Community |OT| We will love and tolerate the SHIT outta you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Ookami-kun said:
Speaking of Scootaloo...

I fucking hate this brony in TVTropes who kept PM'ing me about not liking the CMC particularly Scootaloo. It was due to a thread in Western Animation forum about "Scrappy Characters You Like", and I simply gave a reason as to why the CMC tend not to be liked... unless they're separate from each other (with an exception to Scootaloo).

The person kept on PM'ing me about stuff like "you should not hate her because that's normal" and shit like that. Oh and apparently you should like a character because there's a planned episode for him/her.

Gah...
You really should like scootaloo though.

Just sayin'

brian577

Banned
Ookami-kun said:
Speaking of Scootaloo...

I fucking hate this brony in TVTropes who kept PM'ing me about not liking the CMC particularly Scootaloo. It was due to a thread in Western Animation forum about "Scrappy Characters You Like", and I simply gave a reason as to why the CMC tend not to be liked... unless they're separate from each other (with an exception to Scootaloo).

The person kept on PM'ing me about stuff like "you should not hate her because that's normal" and shit like that. Oh and apparently you should like a character because there's a planned episode for him/her.

Gah...

No offense, but I've seen you post on Gamefaqs and you complain about Scootaloo ALOT. It seems like every time you post it's about how she should die in a fire.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Pandaman said:
You really should like scootaloo though.

Just sayin'

brian577 said:
No offense, but I've seen you post on Gamefaqs and you complain about Scootaloo ALOT. It seems like every time you post it's about how she should die in a fire.

I only posted like, 2, on the official Pony thread there and that was like, around the 4th or 5th thread (which as of this posting, is at part 9?), and that was a response to a topic about CMC.

Scootaloo fans are like Gainax fans. Loud, obnoxious and fat.

Chuck

Still without luck
b966b80f-87dd-4cfe-b645-b58b9fe86f78.gif

blamite

Regulus Tera said:
That's like saying which turd smells the least worse.
More like picking the worst CMC is like... saying the... opposite of that? (Even though it's clear that would be Sweetie Belle)

Cheerilee

Orcastar said:
You're welcome!

Hmm, the background is transparent, no idea why it becomes gray when you upload it to GAF's server. Anyone got any ideas?
You accidentally made it 110px wide instead of tall. Too wide for GAF's 100px width limit, so the forum software automatically resized it, converted it to GIF, and threw out the transparency layer.

This one should work.
qXTQs.png

Orcastar

ruby_onix said:
You accidentally made it 110px wide instead of tall. Too wide for GAF's 100px width limit, so the forum software automatically resized it, converted it to GIF, and threw out the transparency layer.

This one should work.
qXTQs.png
Ah, thanks for clearing that up. For some reason I thought the orientation of the image didn't matter, i.e. it could be either 100x120 or 120x100 pixels. Oh well.

This page needs more fanart.

And now for the Coup de grâce...

Bakphoon

I wanted to watch ma Daily german episode of MLP: FiM, but insted i saw a episode of that Yellow Sponge D:

The cancelled MLP:FiM in germany... And only 7 Episode were left.

What a sad day :(

duckroll

I saw a video of this MLP fan fighting game or something. No videos or art of Fluttershy yet though. Very disappointed. There better be crazy animal summon attacks when they're done!

Bakphoon said:
I wanted to watch ma Daily german episode of MLP: FiM, but insted i saw a episode of that Yellow Sponge D:

The cancelled MLP:FiM in germany... And only 7 Episode were left.

What a sad day :(

Maybe its like in Spain and they only bought 7 episodes. Here they only bought 14 for tranlation and now are repetaing them. But putting them at shitty hours means that also here the channels want to kill the series.
They said new episodes are coming in 2012. I suppose they saw an audience spike when MLP was airing (very possibly becuase they were lot of spanish fans watching it for criticise the dub), because at that hours the only kids watching tv are ill staying at home.
I hope that means, at least new competent hours, but I really hope for some new translators and dubbing actors.

OMG Aero

Orcastar said:
This page needs more fanart.
More fanart you say?
How about this adorable filly Twilight from KP-ShadowSquirrel?

Or the secret origin story of Fallout Equestria from CSImadmax?

And on tangential fanfic note, how about something a little different I found yesterday?
On EqD, there's a fanfic which is meant to be a transcript of a radio show by Vinyl Scratch called The Vinyl Scratch Tapes. I haven't read this but yesterday I found out that a group of fans had gotten together and recorded the first chapter of it as a radio play so I thought I'd give it a listen.
Now since this is a fan voiced thing, I fully expect not a lot of people to like it. Hell, for the first few minutes I thought the voices were bad too, but I decided to give the rest of the thing a chance and for a fan produced radio play, it wasn't half bad.
Here's the link if anyone else wants to give it a listen too.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
SpacePirate Ridley said:
Maybe its like in Spain and they only bought 7 episodes. Here they only bought 14 for tranlation and now are repetaing them. But putting them at shitty hours means that also here the channels want to kill the series.
They said new episodes are coming in 2012. I suppose they saw an audience spike when MLP was airing (very possibly becuase they were lot of spanish fans watching it for criticise the dub), because at that hours the only kids watching tv are ill staying at home.
I hope that means, at least new competent hours, but I really hope for some new translators and dubbing actors.
In Canada ytv would only buy a dozen or so episodes of dragonball z at a time and at somewhat random intervals.

It would just start getting epic and then lolradditzarrival.

Sometimes they didn't buy any new episodes at all and you would catch up to the last reset, get super hyped up for new episodes and... lolradditzarrival.

Bakphoon

SpacePirate Ridley said:

I doubt it, German TV stations usually buy full seasons. Maybe they are doing only a special thing I'm not knowing about, because there are loads of episodes of the same cartoon every day. But each day has a different one. (Like 8 episodes of Fairy Oddparents tomorrow)

Bakphoon said:
I doubt it, German TV stations usually buy full seasons. Maybe they are doing only a special thing I'm not knowing about, because there are loads of episodes of the same cartoon every day. But each day has a different one. (Like 8 episodes of Fairy Oddparents tomorrow)

Yeah, Spain also buys full seasons. This is the first time Ive seen doing something like this, so maybe germany did the same.
Thats why im praying for a better translation and dubbing actors (or at least more, becuase theres onyl two males right now, and one of them, that is an old mans horrible voice, is the one doing all the male pony voices apart from snails).
At least Celestia, Trixie and Zecora sound awesome. The rest of characters not so much...:(

Pandaman said:
In Canada ytv would only buy a dozen or so episodes of dragonball z at a time and at somewhat random intervals.

Sometimes they didn't buy any new episodes at all and you would catch up to the last reset, get super hyped up for new episodes and... lolradditzarrival.

America and canada seem to have treated Dragon Ball as shit. Thank god for living in europe and getting the good versions. And also Dr Slump :)

Pandaman said:

God, YTV ruined DBZ for me because of all the resets. First we got Radditz, then we got Radditz again, then we get Vegeta and Nappa, then we get Radditz up to that point a couple more times, then we get Freiza saga, then we restart all over again, I just couldn't handle it. I think it was by the time I reached an episode where the entirety of it was pulling names out of a ballot to determine tournament placement was when I called it quits for DBZ.

Rickenslacker said:
God, YTV ruined DBZ for me because of all the resets. First we got Radditz, then we got Radditz again, then we get Vegeta and Nappa, then we get Radditz up to that point a couple more times, then we get Freiza saga, then we restart all over again, I just couldn't handle it. I think it was by the time I reached an episode where the entirety of it was pulling names out of a ballot to determine tournament placement was when I called it quits for DBZ.
I remember in the early days of DBZ, I woke up every morning to watch it, and my first time, it went all the way up to Goku arriving on Namek and doing a OHKO on the Recoome. I waited for next week to see Goku kick their butts, and then...Radditz.

It was something like 2 or 3 years before they finally got the rest of the episodes. I had spoiled myself silly with the internet, but still...

Orcastar said:
And now for the Coup de grâce...

Oh goodness! I think my heart just melted.

I've already got Fluttershy from way back when, but can someone make avatars of the other six ponies? I wish we had rotating avatars still. If no one else is wants to use one, maybe I'll just change it everyday. xD

Finally got around to watching the three Season 2 episodes so far. All of them are pretty good. Definitely high tier episodes for the series. My favorite moments so far in the season are probably Twilight forcing Spike to be Rainbow Dash and Sweetie Belle's "I like the... mane?"

Master Milk said:
Oh goodness! I think my heart just melted.

I've already got Fluttershy from way back when, but can someone make avatars of the other six ponies? I wish we had rotating avatars still. If no one else is wants to use one, maybe I'll just change it everyday. xD
Here you go.

okcle.png
GWc2O.png
MRRAF.png
TUUmH.png
yqayl.png
2dRf3.png

McNum

Master Milk said:
Hey hey, lookin good! Thanks!

Hmm, I wonder who should be which day.
Derpy should be Monday. Because Mondays are derpy.
Rainbow Dash should be Thursday. Because the root of the word "Thursday" is "Thor's Day". RD is the weatherpony and has lightning on her flank.
For the rest, I have no idea, except maybe Pinkie Pie for Saturdays. It's Pony Day, and she'd be the one to know.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Master Milk said:
Hmm, I wonder who should be which day.

Applejack - Hard Work Monday
Rarity - Looking Good Tuesday
Twilight - Smart Wednesday
Rainbow Dash - Feelin' Fine Thursday
Pinkie Pie - HOLY SHIT IT'S PARTY TIME Friday
Derpy - Herp Derp Saturday
Fluttershy - Sleepy Sunday

McNum said:
Derpy should be Monday. Because Mondays are derpy.
Rainbow Dash should be Thursday. Because the root of the word "Thursday" is "Thor's Day". RD is the weatherpony and has lightning on her flank.
For the rest, I have no idea, except maybe Pinkie Pie for Saturdays. It's Pony Day, and she'd be the one to know.
Oh, this is pretty good.

ZealousD said:
Applejack - Hard Work Monday
Rarity - Looking Good Tuesday
Twilight - Smart Wednesday
Rainbow Dash - Feelin' Fine Thursday
Pinkie Pie - HOLY SHIT IT'S PARTY TIME Friday
Derpy - Herp Derp Saturday
Fluttershy - Sleepy Sunday
But oh, you're putting in some real work! Alright, I'll go with this as long as I can remember and happen to be online. xD

Thanks y'all.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Master Milk said:
But oh, you're putting in some real work! Alright, I'll go with this as long as I can remember and happen to be online. xD

Thanks y'all.

My only regret is that there aren't 8 days of the week so we can have a day for Spike. =(

My own posts are confusing me. It's so weird having a different avatar. xD

PBalfredo said:
Oh my. It's still Monday here. Well, let's fix this up right away!

http://bronibooru.mlponies.com/data/ebbe29e21baa5b6a3ebb4151f45415b4.png[IMG]

[IMG]http://bronibooru.mlponies.com/data/06997128ebcd5a576e714a12f42833cd.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
That's more like it!

[QUOTE=ZealousD]My only regret is that there aren't 8 days of the week so we can have a day for Spike. =([/QUOTE]
Well, there's no Spike Heart, so it's okay. [spoiler]And even if there were, I probably wouldn't wear it. So really, it's okay.[/spoiler]

That pumpkin is really cool. Someone must have worked really hard on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom