• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony FiM Community |OT| We will love and tolerate the SHIT outta you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

zargle

SpacePirate Ridley said:
Im sure they are not going to make her bad, but maybe a bit of a joker, thats what will cause problems in the halloween episode.
Whatever they do with her character im happy, because the writers now better what to do with her than the people who do fanfics.

I thought I remembered reading somewhere that she was trying to improve her image among the common pony, so she was going to spend some time in ponyville. So the conflict would probably be the rest of the town being frightened of her or something and her being shy and unhappy about it. Or at least, that's what make sense to me.

Alright, so it seems media is being released for ep 4, time to steer clear of the S2 thread for 2 days.

Here's hoping I can still safely hang out here.

Link Man

Banned

blamite

uH75G.png

wait what

akira28

Owlowiscious said:
put Scootaloo on a dead end sign

I'm surprised there hasn't been a brony assault on street signs yet. A bunch of MLP stickers all over the cities of the world. Carnage would ensue. Glorious carnage...

Luna's a prankster you say?

Popstar

Master Milk said:
Sunday - Celestia
Monday - AJ
Tuesday - Rarity
Wednesday - Fluttershy
Thursday - Twilight
Friday - Pinkie
Saturday - RD
Sunday - Sun - Celestia
Monday - Moon - Luna
Tuesday - Tyr - Applejack
Wednesday - Odin - Twilight
Thursday - Thor - Rainbow Dash
Friday - Frigg/Freyja - Fluttershy
Saturday - Saturnalia - Pinkie

or something

(day matching is the new pony ranking)

AdawgDaFAB said:
Scientist Ditzy Doo is best Ditzy Doo!

I donk know why people still call her like this, we know that its oficially Derpy now.
Apart from the HUB commercial, we even saw the Halloween storyboard were it was clearly stated that she was called Derpy.

Cheerilee

Sooo... Twilight realizes that she's late with her friendship lesson, even though everypony and Spike thinks that there's no deadline. As she looks outside, the Sun starts behaving like a ticking clock, further putting the screws to Twilight.

After Twilight is driven crazy all day, the "time limit" runs out, and Celestia appears with a booming, angry voice, demanding a private audience with Twilight.

Twilight is scared into begging forgiveness. Celestia says it's no big deal. (So why the fire and brimstone?)

The mane cast was also scared by Celestia's booming, angry appearance into thinking that Twilight's absurd fears were actually real, and they also beg forgiveness in order to save Twilight from Celestia's wrath. Celestia, having already said to Twilight that it was nothing, turns their false-but-justified assumption against them and pretends again to have been angered, and puts the screws to the mane cast in order to teach them a false lesson about listening to crazies, and scares them into thinking that they're now also required to make similar reports on an irregular schedule... or else. Or else what? Exactly.

Twilight asks Celestia why she even came to Ponyville, if there was no deadline or punishment. Celestia says that Spike called for help because Twilight was freaking out.

So... was Celestia aware of Twilight's actions through the entire episode, using the Sun to tease her all day, and exploiting the truth of Spike's letter to avoid telling the real truth, or does she merely like to jump out of the shadows and yell "Boo!" when her friends are freaking out and scared of her?

Edit: Ditzy Doo wasn't even officially Derpy's name, it was under consideration as a possible name, among a few others, until the fandom near-unanimously put "Derpy Hooves" forward, at which point the official channels did more than add Derpy to the list of consideration, they chose it as the official name.

Cheerilee

DrForester said:
Twilight did put the entire town into chaos with her magic. Some law had to be laid down.
Spike wouldn't have ratted her out to that degree. The only way Celestia would have known would have been if she was covertly observing.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
ruby_onix said:
Spike wouldn't have ratted her out to that degree. The only way Celestia would have known would have been if she was covertly observing.

Well, Spike probably sent the letter before Twilight really cracked, Celestia was on her way to town, and saw the town in Chaos.

Cheerilee

DrForester said:
Well, Spike probably sent the letter before Twilight really cracked, Celestia was on her way to town, and saw the town in Chaos.
She didn't see an infestation of parasprites until she was practically on top of them.

Plus, she teleported this time.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
ruby_onix said:
She didn't see an infestation of parasprites until she was practically on top of them.

Plus, she teleported this time.

Which further proves that she didn't notice the chaos until she was on her way.

Also the Parasprites was an official visit. She just wanted to pop in as it were this time.

Cheerilee

DrForester said:
Which further proves that she didn't notice the chaos until she was on her way.

Also the Parasprites was an official visit. She just wanted to pop in as it were this time.
Yeah, on reflection, it seems that Celestia may have quietly teleported into the sky above the chaos, took it in for a minute, then raised her voice and turned on a light show.

I'm still convinced Celestia is sinister though.

Edit: And I'm still a member of Team Celestia, even if she's sinister. Until I learn more of what Team Luna has to offer.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
ruby_onix said:
Yeah, on reflection, it seems that Celestia may have quietly teleported into the sky above the chaos, took it in for a minute, then raised her voice and turned on a light show.

Edit: And I'm still a member of Team Celestia, even if she's sinister. Until I learn more of what Team Luna has to offer.

You make Celestia sad.

Smf3Z.png

You know, I like this conversation. Was celstia observing Twilight all day (as she knew this was going to be a good lesson for her) or she appeared in the precise moment.

ChuckNoLuck said:
It doesn't make it any less of a terrible pony name though. I'm all for "renaming" her Ditzy Doo.

Ditzy Doo is as bad or worst than Derpy.
Doenst matter, theres not going to be a renaming.

If Celestia was perturbed at anything, I think it was the fact that Twilight sent some members of Ponyville into a tizzy with her magic and not that she was late with a friendship report.

Also, I don't think Celestia was observing from afar. I think the ticking sun was merely a biproduct of Twilight's increasing desperation and lunacy.

OMG Aero

ruby_onix said:
Sooo... Twilight realizes that she's late with her friendship lesson, even though everypony and Spike thinks that there's no deadline. As she looks outside, the Sun starts behaving like a ticking clock, further putting the screws to Twilight.
Pretty sure this is just for comedic effect.

Celestia never said that Twilight wasn't going to be punished. Sparkle had done some fairly super-villainous stuff with the same sort of crazy reasoning. It's silly to think there wouldn't have been some sort of repercussions. The Princess just said that missing a weekly letter didn't make her a bad student.

I think Celestia arrived fully expecting a distraught Twilight, but was honestly upset to discover one who had abused her powers. Her voice definitely was that of the parent who comes home to find their kid has been misbehaving. While she might have understood why Twilight would overreact to a deadline, she wouldn't have let her following actions just slide. It was only until she found out that Twilight's support system had not taken her issues seriously, and the extent of Twilight's worries ('don't take Twilight away from us!'), that she decided to tone down her response. Twilight's actions didn't occur in a vacuum, so it would've been unfair to only punish her. Besides, she loves it when ponies learn lessons. Also, by assuring that they all have the same investment in their friendship lessons, it guarantees they'll all be a bit more diligent.

About the sun thing, the windmill was also a part of it, and it only really occurred for comedic effect/pathetic fallacy. They move normally in the background in some scenes.

Songbird

Prodigal Son
ruby_onix said:

This isn't directed at you, but I still don't understand why there's this whole "Celestia is a tyrant" thing going on in the fandom. It's funny on its own but when it became fanon it just annoyed me. The show keeps expressing that there are good reasons for the things she does and in all likelihood her and Luna are happy sisters again. But hey, binary good and evil is for simpletons like me.

CHEEZMO™ said:
Celly turns ponies to stone.
Probably for very good reasons.

And it's her fetish.
Mine too.

PBalfredo

I think the weirdest thing about the last episode is Twilight's response to Fluttershy "killing" that bear. It wasn't "Holy shit! Fluttershy just killed a bear!" or any variation of such.

It was "I can't believe Fluttershy chose today to buck up. She didn't even ask me to help her kill that bear.

zYd6zl.png

"We used to kill bears together..."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom