• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony FiM Community |OT| We will love and tolerate the SHIT outta you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I loved Pipsqueek and I hope he comes back in the future. I got a feeling we will get a lot of cute fanart with him, just like we got with Smarty Pants after last week.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Yeah, I didn't care for pipsqueak.

Sounds strange given it's a show about candy colored, magical ponies, but he seemed too.... childish for the show...

Derpy, keeper of the terrible secrets edition!
how_long_have_i_been_looking_by_equestria_prevails-d4dk8hh.jpg

all_these_things_i__ve_seen_by_equestria_prevails-d4dhdia.jpg

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Psssh, people hate on Pip because his favorite princess is Luna. :p

I don't like the guy either but hate comes from that :p

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Ookami-kun said:

The heck you smoking man? When was anyone but me on the Team Celestia defense force?

Maybe they're mad that Luna likes Pip more than them...

The Royal Canterlot Voice would only be reserved for Luna and Celestia, being the ruler gods of Equestria, so you have to assume that Celestia just continuously used it after Luna returned just to fuck with her.

Acerac

Banned
Ookami-kun said:

What? I hate him because he is unfunny. I dislike things that are unfunny in this show, hence why I loathe Applejack.

Acerac said:
What? I hate him because he is unfunny. I dislike things that are unfunny in this show, hence why I loathe Applejack.
But Applejack is probably the most likeable pony in Ponyville! Twilight says so, so it must be true!

Cheerilee

RomanticHeroX said:
The Royal Canterlot Voice would only be reserved for Luna and Celestia, being the ruler gods of Equestria, so you have to assume that Celestia just continuously used it after Luna returned just to fuck with her.
Luna said that the royal mannerisms and volume are used when addressing subjects. They wouldn't have to use it with each other in private.

And as I just mentioned the other day, Celestia finds royal formality tiresome. She probably got bored of it and stopped doing it sometime during the 1000 years Luna was gone.

The only time Luna apparently saw Celestia interacting with ponies post-Nightmare Moon was during the episode 2 party, during which nobody even tried to talk to Luna (not even Pinkie Pie), and Luna didn't notice Celestia's lack of volume. Possibly because Luna ditched the party early to go off and be alone.

DrForester said:
The heck you smoking man? When was anyone but me on the Team Celestia defense force?

Maybe they're mad that Luna likes Pip more than them...
Despite sleeping most of the day and staying up all, I'm totally Team Celestia.
...Being the one Philomena fan might have something to do with that though.

McNum

Happy Nightmare Night everyone!

Yeah, I'm a week early, but I did say I wanted winking Luna for a new avatar, and well, I think this one turned out quite nicely. If I know what I'm doing, which I'd give 50/50 odds, her mane should be transparent, too. Luna takes quite a bit of work to scale down to avatar size, though. The sparkles in her man don't scale well. At all. And i could just have gone with an opaque mane, but THE PRINCESS OF THE NIGHT DEMANDS A TRANSPARENT MANE!

jogarrr

McNum said:
Happy Nightmare Night everyone!

Yeah, I'm a week early, but I did say I wanted winking Luna for a new avatar, and well, I think this one turned out quite nicely. If I know what I'm doing, which I'd give 50/50 odds, her mane should be transparent, too. Luna takes quite a bit of work to scale down to avatar size, though. The sparkles in her man don't scale well. At all. And i could just have gone with an opaque mane, but THE PRINCESS OF THE NIGHT DEMANDS A TRANSPARENT MANE!

I think you missed a few pixels on the top edges of the image, leaving a little bit of a border.
Deleted them: http://i.minus.com/ipnuYG6Go4ECe.png

PBalfredo said:
http://img.ponibooru.org/_images/152cdbf2cf9e98ff90011aaafd6327b3/75251%20-%20caption%20comic%20luna%20luna_eclipsed%20screencap%20twilight_sparkle.jpg
If it was only Celestia and Luna vs Discord, wouldn't they both have to be 3 elements each? (One for the Earth, Pegasus, and Unicorn parts that make them up?)

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Slamtastic said:
If it was only Celestia and Luna vs Discord, wouldn't they both have to be 3 elements each? (One for the Earth, Pegasus, and Unicorn parts that make them up?)
That's what Celestia wants you to believe. She just hasn't told you about the other four alicorns...

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
McNum said:
Thanks! I guess I spent too much time getting the transparency to work that I forgot to clean the edges. Silly me.
You know a transparent mane doesn't make any sense without a background, right? Except I'm missing something here.

McNum

Bufbaf said:
You know a transparent mane doesn't make any sense without a background, right? Except I'm missing something here.
NeoGAF uses two different colors for a background in posts. Luna's transparent part of her mane will have a different color depending on the background. Yes, it's a small OCD-ish thing that no one would notice if I didn't say anything, I could easily have filled those parts with a faded dark blue and no one would notice... but me.

Is it silly and slightly overkill? Yeah, it is. It's why I did it like that.

Edit: Since I only have even posts on this page, I went back to some older posts to check the difference. The lighter grey is RGB color 4a5685 and the lighter is RGB color 475382.

Basically, I just wanted to remove the background right. NeoGAF does not have a forest background, after all, but Luna's mane is still transparent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom