• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony FiM Community |OT| We will love and tolerate the SHIT outta you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

PBalfredo

Nah, this is your OTP, right here

1d924ae403caafe2c5941186532dc428.png

Link Man

Banned
Slamtastic said:
Let's have some happy time through the magic of human
sea
ponies!

of_all_the_worst_things____by_metalbeersolid-d4d6rq9.gif

(http://metalbeersolid.deviantart.com/art/Of-all-the-worst-things-264015585)

And now I get to tell you that I have been watching the show. I was curious at first, and at about Dragonshy I was starting to feel disappointment. But then I legitimately enjoyed Look Before You Sleep, and Bridle Gossip convinced me that the show is great. I mean, this is just incredible:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h7PGKcikaGY

Link Man said:
And now I get to tell you that I have been watching the show. I was curious at first, and at about Dragonshy I was starting to feel disappointment. But then I legitimately enjoyed Look Before You Sleep, and Bridle Gossip convinced me that the show is great.
jkdaps.gif

Now make a pony ranking list and you'll be all set!

Link Man

Banned
Slamtastic said:
http://i56.tinypic.com/jkdaps.gif[IMG]

Now make a pony ranking list and you'll be all set![/QUOTE]
Nah, I won't invest myself that heavily. I'll just enjoy it for what it is, and gain a better understanding of the fanart and humor.

Edit: But Pinkie Pie's the best.

Link Man said:
Nah, I won't invest myself that heavily. I'll just enjoy it for what it is, and gain a better understanding of the fanart and humor.

Edit: But Pinkie Pie's the best.

Rankings are useless because none of the characters work without each other.

Like if it were Supernatural if it were only Sam or Dean. Boooring.

Though Pinkie Pie is the best. And Rarity for her dramatics.

judhudson

Since I've been slacking and hadn't been posting pics...I got a bunch of ones I liked that are fairly recent from various Deviant Artists. Hope they aren't too much/big...and many are vectors - good in case anyone wants to resize and use for avatars.

Love the Stay Puft Costume

Link Man

Banned
Slamtastic said:
http://th04.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE/f/2011/294/4/3/biology_class__frog_dissection_by_yudhaikeledai-d4dh31r.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
I like how they captured AJ's ability to hold things in her hooves.

Cheerilee

Thnikkaman said:
This isn't directed at you, but I still don't understand why there's this whole "Celestia is a tyrant" thing going on in the fandom. It's funny on its own but when it became fanon it just annoyed me. The show keeps expressing that there are good reasons for the things she does and in all likelihood her and Luna are happy sisters again. But hey, binary good and evil is for simpletons like me.
I think it's because in the series opener, Celestia manipulated Twilight for the greater good. But the show just washed right over that, carrying on with the assumption that Celestia is simply "good" and her thoughts and actions are beyond question. But if you do question her, other issues arise, like how she probably would have needed to manipulate the entire mane cast to pull that trick off, and might have even needed to manipulate Nightmare Moon's escape, without letting Luna know. To fix a mistake that Celestia was partly responsible for, although the entire blame is usually either dumped onto Luna or some convenient unseen magic scapegoat. Those aren't really bad actions, but more like the questionable actions of a flesh-and-blood leader, rather than some kind of paragon of virtue.

A few episodes have shown that Celestia can inspire fear in her subjects, and her response has usually been "That fear is unwarranted... this time." She's not going out of her way to make sure people don't leap to these conclusions.

In Sonic Rainboom, Rarity played the part of Icarus flying too close to the Sun, but the Sun she flew too close to was Celestia. Rarity may have faced a small portion of Celestia's wrath in that episode. Of course, it's not official, and the show never said that's what happened, but if you're willing to question Celestia, then there's one more question mark in her file.

And in Ticket Master, a whole episode full of lulz resulted from one simple mistake on Celestia's part. That's the point where people started to suspect that she does these kinds of things on purpose, for entertainment. Later episodes indicated that Celestia finds royal formality tiresome, and she even invited the mane cast to the Gala specifically hoping that they would bring the lulz. Discord says Celestia is no fun, but I think he's just not looking.

Personally, I don't like the lengths the Internet has gone to in exaggerating these factors. I like Celestia just fine as a paragon of virtue, but I like her more with a few cracks of personality showing through. I also kind of like it when she has plausible deniability for those. It's more fun that way.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Certainly, the show makes absolutely clear that Celestia is much more reasonable, even handed, and down to earth compared to what one would ordinarily expect from a living God-Dictator. And she can and does play and manipulate other ponies based on those expectations.

"Trollestia" isn't just some fan fabrication. The fans exaggerate it to be sure, but the way other ponies treat her as a God-Dictator compared to how she really is is basically a central tenant of her character and it's what makes her unique.

Master Milk said:
judhudson said:
There was someone in this thread that wanted a Celestia Pony Heart as their avatar. Enjoy, whomever you are (hopefully you're able to resize it yourself)

Okay, it's been more than 12 hours and no one else has called it yet, so if someone could avatarize this, and maybe remove the giant sun, for me I'd appreciate it.

I think the new schedule is gonna go like this:

Sunday - Celestia
Monday - AJ
Tuesday - Rarity
Wednesday - Fluttershy
Thursday - Twilight
Friday - Pinkie
Saturday - RD

I think that matches the ponies' personalities reasonably well.
Hey guys, it's almost Sunday, can someone make this into an avatar?

Master Milk said:
Hey guys, it's almost Sunday, can someone make this into an avatar?
Didn't know which way to approach this one with the cutiemark background, but simply scaling that image to avatar size ended up making Celestia look too small so I didn't go with that. I tried a couple things though.

Iy2PD.png
RTPx1.png
Cb38I.png

Rickenslacker said:
Didn't know which way to approach this one with the cutiemark background, but simply scaling that image to avatar size ended up making Celestia look too small so I didn't go with that. I tried a couple things though.

Iy2PD.png
RTPx1.png
Cb38I.png
Thanks a lot! These are awesome. If it's alright, I'll use all three variations, so Celestia Sunday will be different every week.

Alright, new Ponyday Schedule is ready to rock!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom