• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony FiM Community |OT| We will love and tolerate the SHIT outta you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
I don't care, mostly everything I see fans produce leaves me like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sLW5tXvXUFU

And if it doesn't, it probably leaves me like this:

VCTkl.png

And there is precious little that leaves me like this:

a1DoA.png

But even when it does, I always end up like this:

VCTkl.png

So, all in all, what I'm trying to say is:

qv9SM.png

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
Choppasmith said:
I think for some of the humanizations (like Megasweet) it just appeals to our inner schediaphile somehow. Having a character we like in a form that we associate with physical attraction. *shrug*

EDIT: Yeah Captain Fish explains it much better (and probably less creepy than I did)
Our minds work in surprisingly creepy ways, even considering the most innocent thoughts - and you must know that very well. It's just that most people have trouble facing or accepting that.

Ookami-kun said:
Now suddenly I want to see a Fluttershy printer.
THIS SOUNDS LIKE A CHALLENGE!

Jintor said:
I'm angry today and I don't know why
Let go of your hate.

VamCc.png

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
I told ya'll back in the days of a certain comic that you should get over the physical appearance of characters and learn to appreciate them for their characterization and representation of ideal self states.

being a pony or human or something in between should not matter.

Zomba13

Pandaman said:
I told ya'll back in the days of a certain comic that you should get over the physical appearance of characters and learn to appreciate them for their characterization and representation of ideal self states.

Yeah, but the printers aren't kissing in a bed =/

Please don't make them kiss in a bed :(

Neki

Pandaman said:

there's a reason why centaurs don't exist in real life. because they were naturally hunted down by their horse and human brethren, for they were neither horse or human.

/sarcasm

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Zomba13 said:
Yeah, but the printers aren't kissing in a bed =/

Please don't make them kiss in a bed :(
shouldn't matter what they're doing as the focus is on the romantic and emotional interactions of characters and not on what they're depicted as doing. you dont get hung up on paintings being a series of brush strokes, you shouldn't get hung up on kissing in a bed.

Neki

I don't even get why there is romantic interactions between a pony and a character that doesn't actually exist.

OMG Aero

It's only been about 8 weeks since the series ended and people are already making pictures of the main characters as computer printers.
I'm both dreading and eagerly anticipating seeing what's going to be in this thread in a couple of months time.

Cheerilee

SolarPowered said:
I saw the marathon episode with Rainbow Dash and Applejack. I can't blame applejack for getting pissed at all. If you've got wings and your opponent doesn't I think it is a given that you are not supposed to use it.
I don't actually blame Applejack in that incident. I think neither one was to blame, but both were guilty of escalating a situation past the point where they should've backed down (of course, neither one is the type to back down). I defend Rainbow Dash because people seemed to automatically blame Dash, calling her a jerk and a cheater without adequately thinking it through (IMO). I think people are avoiding looking into the reasons Dash acted the way she did, and by extension, I think they're doing the same for AJ, which is doing her character just as much of a disservice, even if it doesn't look like a negative for AJ.

I don't think wings demand an automatic handicap that's so obvious it should go unsaid. Dash's wings are natural. They're a part of everything she does. And they don't even really correlate to victory in the Iron Pony. In the very first event (the slalom course) Dash ran the course with her wings folded, carrying more bulk on weaker legs than AJ, and as a result she was slower than AJ, but she won because AJ was penalized for clipping a pylon. Had "Rainbow Crash" used her wings, she definitely would have had her usual speed advantage, but with increased speed and wings outstretched she would've definitely clipped more plylons than AJ did. Dash used her wings (not flight) to shelter baby chicks so impressively that AJ's own chicks abandoned her. Had AJ used her tail to protect the chicks, she probably would have won that one. Dash flew in the tug of war, but she only won by tricking AJ into letting go of the rope.

But regardless of how much of an advantage (or disadvantage) wings were, Dash willingly put them away, said nothing about it, resisted the urge to use them, and gave AJ a deliberate handicap in the first half. Even if it meant losing (despite her earlier comment about hating to lose). She actually thought she lost the first event because of the handicap, and was gracious to AJ about losing. That's not nothing, especially from someone as immature as Rainbow Dash. It deserves some credit. She gave AJ that handicap.

At the midway point in the competition with a tied result, Dash either wanted recognition for the handicap or she wanted to know what the result might be under different rules, so she broke out the wings. And she made no secret of it. She was really, really obvious. I don't think that's being a jerk. Maybe immature, but definitely Dash's prerogative, since she was the one who initiated the handicap, and there was no word from anyone for her to keep it up.

AJ just didn't like seeing those wings beat her. I think she has deep-rooted wing/horn envy, because she's "just" an Earth Pony. Also, AJ will refuse to back down when the odds are against her. She'll defy logic and fight to prove her worth. That's why she tries so hard to be an Earth Pony paragon. And that's absolutely admirable. I think she really didn't realize that Dash was giving her any handicap, and after it became apparent, she thought she could beat Dash in the second half. Because AJ wouldn't say anything, Dash kept flaunting her wings and putting the screws to AJ. That was definitely immature of Dash, but she wasn't being a "jerk", she was teasing. And AJ's teasing after winning the horseshoe contest had a similar nerve-hitting effect on Dash (of course, AJ didn't keep it up nearly as long, and Dash made her feelings obvious).

After being swept by Dash in the second half, under the pressure of her wing envy, I'm sure that AJ felt crushed, thinking that even her first half wins were all a lie, since Dash was holding back at the time (even though those wins weren't a lie, wings for instance don't help with the bell-ringing kick strength test). This despair is what led to her lashing out, and her accusation of cheating, which was factually wrong. You can call Dash immature. You can say she's insensitive. You can say she's an idiot. You can argue that she was being a jerk. But she was definitely not cheating, and if AJ merely thought wings were cheating, she should have raised her complaints earlier. She didn't because, like Rainbow Dash, Applejack has more depth than people give her credit for.

ZOMG printer ponies!

Zomba13

Bakphoon said:
Oh, god what have you done!

http://i.imgur.com/Vpy8d.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
Um... If Fluttershy is a tree and also a printer, is she printing on herself?

I think that pic is NSFW in a way...

What the fuck is going on in here.

Edit: I think you need to lie down, Ruby. Holy crap I did start something horrible(even though AJ has a leg to stand on here).

yeesh

Printer ponies are actually pretty funny. I'd say we have a serious problem as a forum if printer ponies are inappropriate.

I guess there must be some really questionable stuff out there for people to be this uptight about fanmade material.

ahoyhoy

Unconfirmed Member
SolarPowered said:
Printer ponies are actually pretty funny. I'd say we have a serious problem as a forum if printer ponies are inappropriate.

I guess there must be some really questionable stuff out there for people to be this uptight about fanmade material.

I've only seen glimpses of it as a result of tinychat lurking, but I'm sure there's much, much worse stuff out there.

As long as the stuff posted here remains PG, I don't got a problem with it. In fact, that re-imagined-re-imagined billboard was probably one of the more appropriate human-pony translations I have seen as of late.

SolarPowered said:

It's a jab at people hating on human ponies. I think it's funny how people can be offended by depicting the ponies as one thing different than ponies, but be perfectly okay with them being some other thing.

I do like the printer ponies.

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
Dark Phoenix said:
It's a jab at people hating on human ponies. I think it's funny how people can be offended by depicting the ponies as one thing different than ponies, but be perfectly okay with them being some other thing.

I do like the printer ponies.
We've got to help our fellow fans grow thicker hides somehow.

ahoyhoy

Unconfirmed Member
HoneyLuna's comic made me chortle.

And the Pinkie Pie cotton-candy one gave me Wilford Brimley-level Diabetes.

RE-RAIL SUCCESSFUL!

Also my contribution:

Tvf5I.gif

Printer ponies . . . wow. You guys are something else.

Aren't there already tractor ponies? Or maybe it was just a general vehicle ponies picture?

Personally, I'm waiting for Transformer Ponies. That's when the ponies will have reached the pinnacle of awesome.

Would Fluttershy transform into a butterfly or a tree?

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Master Milk said:
Printer ponies . . . wow. You guys are something else.

Aren't there already tractor ponies? Or maybe it was just a general vehicle ponies picture?

Personally, I'm waiting for Transformer Ponies
. That's when the ponies will have reached the pinnacle of awesome.

Not exactly what you're looking for but...

OYMmLm.jpg

CHEEZMO™ said:
In other news; I've gone back to my old avatar!

Thanks for the Belle one, Buf :D

Ketchup lady is back :D.

For a show-related change of topic, I'm curious what you all thought of the deconstructed romance in Best Night Ever.

It's pretty simple on it's surface, but it looks to me like Rarity disliked Blueblood for everything that she was doing- his only crime was being similar to Rarity in the expectations for his partner- that she hold doors open for him, buy him pies, etc. To the extent that the show seems to Take Rarity's pov for granted, it's engaged in gender policing- that behavior is charming or at least tolerable in Rarity, offputting in her partner. Yet given Faust's feminist leanings, I wonder if perhaps we're more supposed to be laughing at Rarity for her hypocrisy rather than at Blueblood for his foppishness. What do you guys think?

CHEEZMO™

Obsidian fan
Amibguous Cad said:
For a show-related change of topic, I'm curious what you all thought of the deconstructed romance in Best Night Ever.

It's pretty simple on it's surface, but it looks to me like Rarity disliked Blueblood for everything that she was doing- his only crime was being similar to Rarity in the expectations for his partner- that she hold doors open for him, buy him pies, etc. To the extent that the show seems to Take Rarity's pov for granted, it's engaged in gender policing- that behavior is charming or at least tolerable in Rarity, offputting in her partner. Yet given Faust's feminist leanings, I wonder if perhaps we're more supposed to be laughing at Rarity for her hypocrisy rather than at Blueblood for his foppishness. What do you guys think?

I'd say a mix of both, personally.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom