• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony FiM Community |OT| We will love and tolerate the SHIT outta you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ahoyhoy

Unconfirmed Member
Regulus Tera said:
I saw ahoyhoy had bumped the thread and immediately knew he had made a new gif. <3

AdawgDaFAB said:
As always, love the gifs Ahoy!

Gracias seniors

OMG Aero said:
If you want to have an actual discussion about pony colours, kefkafloyd's your man. He's done a series of colour guides for a lot of the characters and really knows his stuff.
His guide for Celestia says that she is a really light pink. But really, it's so light that you would just call her white anyway unless you want to be really pedantic about it. Calling Celestia pink is like calling Vinyl Scratch yellow.

Very interesting discovery. I guess the ultra-light pink is just a little "flair" Celestia has that sets her apart from the other white-ish ponies.

Does Rarity have a certain tinge as well? I always thought she looked slightly purple (even when I don't cross my eyes so her coat/mane blur together)

CHEEZMO™

Obsidian fan
OMG new ask tumblr and it looks awesome.

The art style is amazing:

tumblr_lu1zj8ZPfb1r5etxno1_500.png

http://askstalkerloo.tumblr.com/

Don't know what route it will go down but yay~

Link Man

Banned
I just had a disturbing thought. Why do they have pigs on the farm? Please keep in mind that most animals in this series are sentient.

Link Man said:
I just had a disturbing thought. Why do they have pigs on the farm? Please keep in mind that most animals in this series are sentient.
I think Faust said it's because they need to sleep somewhere.

As for why they're there...uh, to sniff out mushrooms, I guess...?

BDGAME

Brazilian version will inaugurate, finally!

Date is November 21... but the channel is Discovery Kids!

In Brazil, the Discovery kids is something like Nick Junior in USA.

Strange see it on this channel.

Here, someone film the Add: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1S8TPE9T9-A

The voice of Rainbow Dash is the same of Bulma from DBZ in Brazil. hehehe

I really hope they can, at least maintain a good voice from Fluttershy.

Dai101

Banned
BDGAME said:
Brazilian version will inaugurate, finally!

Date is November 21... but the channel is Discovery Kids!

In Brazil, the Discovery kids is something like Nick Junior in USA.

Strange see it on this channel.

Here, someone film the Add: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1S8TPE9T9-A

The voice of Rainbow Dash is the same of Bulma from DBZ in Brazil. hehehe

I really hope they can, at least maintain a good voice from Fluttershy.

Aparently is in all Latinamerica:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e36Z3Mj_Z88

So, anyone up for some teenage angst and/or romance?

2457620_o.gif

Normally I get bored easily by WORDS WORDS WORDS, but this particular fic really kept my attention with the writing style of the narration matching Dash's personality so well. And the comic has decent pictures to accompany the words, so it's all good.

Cheerilee

OMG Aero said:
If you want to have an actual discussion about pony colours, kefkafloyd's your man. He's done a series of colour guides for a lot of the characters and really knows his stuff.
His guide for Celestia says that she is a really light pink. But really, it's so light that you would just call her white anyway unless you want to be really pedantic about it. Calling Celestia pink is like calling Vinyl Scratch yellow.
That's a really great link. Although I have to disagree with his conclusion on Celestia's body color. As you move closer to one color, that color defines what it is.

Celestia isn't "not white," she's "not absolutely pure white." Celestia is ever-so-slightly pinkish white. She's not extremely whitish pink (that would be around the halfway mark between white and pink, and still on the pink side of the scale).

ruby_onix said:
According to my in-depth research of a random pic I found on Hasbro.com, Celestia's color is...

R 254
G 251
B 252

That's 99% white (leaning slightly towards red). You really couldn't tell the difference if she was 98% white, or 100% white. She could be scientifically NOT PINK and you'd never know. The reason she registers as pink in your head is because she's drawn with pink lines.

I remember watching S02E01 where the ponies are in the castle and rarity is standing next to Celestia. Contrasting her against Rarity made me realize that she isn't white.

Taking a snapshot of that scene shows her colour at

R 236
G 233
B 237

Cheerilee

TouchMyBox said:
I remember watching S02E01 where the ponies are in the castle and rarity is standing next to Celestia. Contrasting her against Rarity made me realize that she isn't white.

Taking a snapshot of that scene shows her colour at

R 236
G 233
B 237
If you mean the itunes rip, the colors on that one are unreliable, because Apple messes up the colors, and the bronies figured out a series of "corrections" to make based on what "feels right" when converting to MKV. I imagine even the 1080p Hub broadcasts mess things up a little.

The best way to figure it out is to do what kefkafloyd did, and find some flash-based official promo materials. Since the show is animated in flash, that's probably the closest you can get to taking a look at an animator's desktop. The only way it'd be off was if it was outdated, or if one animator somehow used different colors than another animator did.

Unfortunately, kefkafloyd speaks crazy advanced moon language. What the heck is "5% PANTONE 680 C"?

White I say, that's what that is, dagnabbit.

ruby_onix said:
If you mean the itunes rip, the colors on that one are unreliable, because Apple messes up the colors, and the bronies figured out a series of "corrections" to make based on what "feels right" when converting to MKV. I imagine even the 1080p Hub broadcasts mess things up a little.

The best way to figure it out is to do what kefkafloyd did, and find some flash-based official promo materials. Since the show is animated in flash, that's probably the closest you can get to taking a look at an animator's desktop. The only way it'd be off was if it was outdated, or if one animator somehow used different colors than another animator did.

Unfortunately, kefkafloyd speaks crazy advanced moon language. What the heck is "5% PANTONE 680 C"?

White I say, that's what that is, dagnabbit.

Yeah, iTunes version. For some reason they look amazing on my setup for my TV, but not as much on my computer in VLC.

The only accurate way is to inspect Forester's blanket, obviously.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Megasweet sure does interesting art.

judhudson said:
http://shutterflye.deviantart.com/art/The-Great-And-Powerful-Band-Of-Trixie-267586145?q=sort%3Atime%20my%20little%20pony&qo=1226
I like Scootaloo reaching for the mic, and Bon-Bon's adoring expression.

Picture contributions!

Cute and innocent!

my_little_derpy_hooves_by_lentoto-d4fgvsp.jpg

Complaints from Forrester!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom