• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony FiM Community |OT| We will love and tolerate the SHIT outta you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
DrForester said:
4smro.jpg
FUCK

YOU

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
http://jhonenv.tumblr.com/post/12485645868/getting-noticed

Jhonen Vasquez said:
Got an email from an aspiring artist who was asking for advice on how to get noticed , how to get attention for work that ISN’T essentially fanart. I guess the experience on their end is that when they do original pieces, the response is hardly a spark of what they get when they do something referential that people already know.

I figured I’d respond here since it would help more than just one person.

You can NOT get noticed now unless you draw referential stuff. Sorry, artist. The universe no longer allows for you to exist without climbing up onto a tower of tired references, eating as much of it as you can, gorging on the festering corpses of what came before or what’s popular now and then shitting it back out at the audience you hope to capture, hoping enough of them have their mouths open to ingest what’s been ingested ad infinitum into their “art-appreciation centers”.

That’s what you gotta do. Just get started already. You’re wasting your time if you’re not already drawing Legend of Zelda fan art (try cute female versions of Link!), or some Star Wars thing. My Little Pony is big right now, so stop trying to do anything new and do some Pony art already!

You might think I’m being sarcastic, but that’s only because you can’t see me wearing my Super Mario t-shirt while I’m drawing Sonic the Hedgehog wearing a Darth Vader helmet.

Good luck, and remember…NINJA TURTLES.

4oqFs.png

Link Man

Banned
ahoyhoy said:
Link Man finds a way to ruin the PAGE OF DAAAAAAAW
Hey, it's 1 image out of 7 I posted, and it's still quite cute. But I've got a couple more now:

Oh, and the Scootaloo that jud posted doesn't even have wings.

judhudson

Sorry, sorry. Here's a Scootaloo that does have wings (and the original creator that did the hearts never uploaded this one til now)

And

Cheerilee

OMG Aero said:
Oh, so Celestia has to buy her subject's loyalty?

That totally sounds like the actions of benevolent ruler.
I was really trying to find some way to come up with a post like this to tease the Doctor, but I just didn't have it in me. Too jelly of his blanket.

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
I'm thinking that Twilight, even if she's the glue that brought the mane 6 together, may also be the weakest link in the chain...

Since the beginning of the show, we've seen that Rarity and Fluttershy became apparent BFF's, that Rainbow Dash, apart from an initial distaste, seems to have really clicked well with Pinkie Pie, and as for Applejack, well, she has always been extremely amiable towards everypony.

However, Twilight, notwithstanding her central position and showing that she still has a lot to learn about real friendship, seems to have failed to really make a special connection with any of her newfound friends. Yes, she's learning, but it's exactly that - in her rational brain, this whole friendship business is played as only something more to learn about. Surprisingly, Applejack seems to be the one she has gotten slightly closer to, and I'd say that is because AJ has the most worldly (and friendship) knowledge among the mane 6, and so Twilight sees her as an interesting example to follow.

I'd really like to see Twilight having to deal with friendship preferences, and I don't mean like in "The Ticket Master", which ended with a cop out. We all know that, many times, that "all or none" attitude doesn't work in real life, and that's a lesson waiting to be learned too.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
I don't know. While not totally explicit about it, I think it's safe to assume that while there wasn't a "Mane 5" before twilight, friendships did exist. I don't think it's wrong to think Rarity and Fluttershy were friends before and we know RD and Flutttershy were friends since they were fillies. I think AJ and RD probably were buddies before Twilight. Everyone in town probably knows Pinkie Pie.

Myke Greywolf said:
I'd really like to see Twilight having to deal with friendship preferences, and I don't mean like in "The Ticket Master", which ended with a cop out. We all know that, many times, that "all or none" attitude doesn't work in real life, and that's a lesson waiting to be learned too.
While true, I don't see something like this being taught in a kids show.

DrForester said:
While not totally explicit about it, I think it's safe to assume that while there wasn't a "Mane 5" before twilight, friendships didn't exist.
I think you meant to say did exist.

Slamtastic said:
*Scoot stalking Spike*
Ha that's hilarious. I wonder if we will get an ep this season to help flesh out Scoot's character beyond the brazen, knuckleheaded CMC member who is obsessed with Dash.

PBalfredo said:
http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2011/312/4/b/ponykoma___interpretation_station_by_emlan-d4fi24l.png[IMG]
[URL="http://emlan.deviantart.com/art/ponykoma-interpretation-station-267901509"]Source[/URL][/QUOTE]
I love Emlan's style, makes cute ponies even cuter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom