• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony FiM Community |OT| We will love and tolerate the SHIT outta you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any chance of negotiating a compromise before people start ignoring one another?

Unlikely. They aren't breaking any actual rules so they can't be stopped, and they apparently think its funny(it's not, but if it were, at this point it'd be like beating a dead pony) so they're probably not gonna stop themselves anytime soon. So I'll just do what I do else where, ignore and/or mute(which on this site is known as ignore).

That said I will miss the occasional human/cos play pony pics. Course if i really want I can look at their post anytime even if they are ignored so no real loss.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
yeah kaks, twilights episode was fantastic, i've always loved her but sadly there arent 5 slots between #1 and #2. ponies end up with rank 4/5 despite being awesome.

ahoyhoy

Unconfirmed Member
Hate for AJ is hate for Amyrica.

Also, don't know how the hell Cheez could hate Dai's old avatar. Or maybe he's just pissed Dash never pulled off a perfect Harrison Ford face.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
yeah kaks, twilights episode was fantastic, i've always loved her but sadly there arent 5 slots between #1 and #2. ponies end up with rank 4/5 despite being awesome.

Fixed

1. Twilight, Fluttershy, RBD, Rarity, Pinkie Pie, Apple Jack
2. Luna, Celestia, Spike
99999999. Trixie, British kid, snips and snails

n8

Unconfirmed Member
I think Rarity has become a bit too much of a caricature for my tastes when she is not the focus. But that's just the character itself, the work with her is unmatched.

Uchip

Banned
CHEEZMO™;33142083 said:
I bet it was you who tagged me, wasn't it?

scarfacezoomx9c55.gif

I hope not - ignoring someone on an internet forum, especially over something so petty, is staggeringly childish.

igyfMqzKD55Wj.gif

objecting to quasi-bestiality is childish?

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
claims of bestiality kind of require us to ignore that the characters are sentient marshmellows shaped like ponies.

even if it would qualify under the label of bestiality, none of the negative connotations attached to actual bestiality would carry over.

Uchip

Banned
claims of bestiality kind of require us to ignore that the characters are sentient marshmellows shaped like ponies.

even if it would qualify under the label of bestiality, none of the negative connotations attached to actual bestiality would carry over.

thats why i used "quasi"
theyre sentient in the way that Mr Ed is

ahoyhoy

Unconfirmed Member
CHEEZMO™;33142534 said:
Well I'm just against people using the ignore function in general, so *shrug*

If you agreed with panda's above statement you have to be for the usage of he ignore function. Otherwise they should be allowed to complain all they want since they have no other recourse that doesn't involv abandoning thread.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
If you agreed with panda's above statement you have to be for the usage of he ignore function. Otherwise they should be allowed to complain all they want since they have no other recourse that doesn't involv abandoning thread.
Well no, they always have the option of not complaining.
i'm weirded the fuck out by pony anthro with fingers[like slugbox stuff] and the cosplay can be iffy at times, but i opt to just deal with it.

Uchip

Banned
if the quasi negates anything negative about bestiality, what exactly is your objection to it?

the objection being that the show is designed as an innocent childrens cartoon and people are rubbing their dirty nutsacks all over it.

its not that theres something morally wrong with sex between equally intelligent creatures, its just that you're portraying something innocent and without human female physical attributes in sexual situations, which is just a tad disturbing.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
the objection being that the show is designed as an innocent childrens cartoon and people are rubbing their dirty nutsacks all over it.

its not that theres something morally wrong with sex between equally intelligent creatures, its just that you're portraying something innocent
so why say 'quasi-bestiality' at all then? You seem perfectly capable of explaining the specifics of your objection without using an inaccurate and loaded term. plus the addition of the quasi- just makes it certain you would have had to explain in more detail eventually. Why not just say this [whats quoted above] the first time?

and without human female physical attributes in sexual situations, which is just a tad disturbing.
a requirement for 'human female physical attributes' hasn't ever stopped anyone before.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Panda, as one of the few people on Earth with a complete lack of libido, you basically have no right to enter into any sort of conversation about sexual relations.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
because they are physically (and sometimes mentally) horse
but the problem with bestiality isn't that its a horse, its that a horse is incapable of consent and that any sexual interaction is necessarily abusive because of that.

marshmellow ponies dont have that problem.
and its even worse when you add the pedophilic element into it
the what?!

is this a justification? i dont even
No, its a dismissal. Your point is either wrong or much too broad to be meaningful.

Panda, as one of the few people on Earth with a complete lack of libido, you basically have no right to enter into any sort of conversation about sexual relations.
not feeling a need to take part doesnt mean its not interesting, plus im still somewhat of a romantic. :p

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
not feeling a need to take part doesnt mean its not interesting, plus im still somewhat of a romantic. :p

Being a "romantic" and wanting some "bow-chicka-bow-wow" are different things.

As the man with no sex drive, you completely lack the context and experience the rest of us do. It would be like the person who's never had a driver's license telling somebody else how to drive. That person might read about driving in a book, but experience is the best teacher.

Sex is ultimately a process driven by emotion. You can't understand it unless you understand the emotion.

ahoyhoy

Unconfirmed Member
Well no, they always have the option of not complaining.
i'm weirded the fuck out by pony anthro with fingers[like slugbox stuff] and the cosplay can be iffy at times, but i opt to just deal with it.

Eh, that's like saying people should "deal with" people screaming/heckling the screen at a movie theater. If people think something is annoying, you can't wholly disallow them from complaining (so long as they aren't whining alla Dog & Pony).

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Eh, that's like saying people should "deal with" people screaming/heckling the screen at a movie theater. If people think something is annoying, you can't wholly disallow them from complaining (so long as they aren't whining alla Dog & Pony).
I really don't see how that comparison works, on GAF you aren't paying for a service that is being disturbed and your complaining is not necessary to inform the ushers of the disturbance.

the environments are also vastly different and i would never accept that in a venue of discussion some people should be expected to be silent solely because their opinions are unpopular. We dont even do that for the 9/11 crazies.

ahoyhoy

Unconfirmed Member
Nothing wrong with clearing the air every once and a while. Especially since its an essential part of of the Pony GAF cycle.

But indeed: on with the ponies!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom