• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony FiM Community |OT| We will love and tolerate the SHIT outta you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

PBalfredo

Hey remember when at the start of Season 2 we starting making predictions for the season? Let's break out the list and see how we've done so far.

PBalfredo
- More Derpy cameos similar to Feeling Pinkie Keen. No voice for her, but no more random Derpy clones in the background either. Yup
- At least one CMC will get a cutie mark. Technically true
- Zecora-focused episode
- Applejack's parents make an appearance. No explanation will be given for where they were in Season 1.
- Dash will tryout for the Wonderbolts, but have problems following orders / being part of a team / not being a show-off

Jogarr
- No CMC will get a cutie mark. Nope
- Dash will teach Scootaloo to fly.
- Pinkamena will manifest herself at least once.
- Fluttershy will be shy. Yes, but surprisingly only once thus far (Luna Eclipsed). Otherwise in this season she's been wrestling bears, acting as a superhero or turned into a superbitch
- Trixie will return.
- Applejack will star in an episode that will drastically increase her fanbase. (Anyone taken a new shine to Applejack since Sisterhooves Social?)
- Rainbow Dash will meet a pony (or maybe some other creature) that is faster than her. (Not counting Pinkie's teleportation abilities of course.) (Close. Stronger, more magical and able to predict the future, but not faster)

Myke Greywolf
- No cutie marks for the CMC's. Nope
- Spoilers for episodes 2.1-2:
Discord is related with the transformation of Luna into Nightmare Moon
Nope
- Trixie reappears, obsessed with upstaging/humiliating Twilight.
- New male recurrent character. (I wonder if we'll see Pipsqueak again?
- Episode spotlighting earth pony inferiority complex.
- At least 3 fashion related episodes. And they will be awesome.

McNum
For the opening two-parter:
- We get to see what Nightmare Moon really was Nope
- Twilight gets tempted to become the next Mare of Darkness (Can you imagine the cliffhanger? Midnight Sparkle rearing on her hind legs! "To be continued...") Nope
- Luna appears... in episode 2 (And snaps Twilight out of it) Nope

For the rest of the season:
- We get to see how ponies prepare for winter
- An episode focused on Applejack and Fluttershy together
- An episode focused on Spike Yes, coming soon
- Pinkie Pie interrupts at least two iris-outs.
- There will be a Seapony reference
- Pinkie Pie will sing at least five songs
- Applejack gets her own song
- So does Rainbow Dash
- Not only will a CMC get a Cutie Mark, but we'll get a "How to deal with jealousy" episode out of it Got a temporary cutie mark, but no jealousy episode

CHEEZMO™

Obsidian fan
tumblr_lvj404RkVw1r4g1yeo1_500.png

CHEEZMO™;33144434 said:
Why do they always make Twilight black or whatever?

Annoys me.

Me too. I gues it's because Twilight is when the sun is going down, so it's getting dark...so, dark skin! Or because of the color purple.

What annoys me, besides the existence of Zebras in the show throwing a wrench into that depiction, is there's no consistency. It's just Twilight, not all ponies, or all the unicorns, just the one character.

CHEEZMO™

Obsidian fan
What annoys me, besides the existence of Zebras in the show throwing a wrench into that depiction, is there's no consistency. It's just Twilight, not all ponies, or all the unicorns, just the one character.

They often give Dash dark skin too. Usually Hispanic or something.

CHEEZMO™;33144534 said:
They often give Dash dark skin too. Usually Hispanic or something.

I think it would make sense for Dash and AJ to be more tanned than the others, being outdoorsy types.

But only a little.

PBalfredo

Me too. I gues it's because Twilight is when the sun is going down, so it's getting dark...so, dark skin! Or because of the color purple.

I think artists just go with what's most aesthetically pleasing.

PBalfredo

so I saw the slumber party episode today and I still don't get the dealio

The dealio with the series? Well if that was the first episode you saw, I understand the feeling since that's a "meh" tier episode. I think the general consensus for the best episode for newbies (which is always heavily debated) is Dragonshy, followed by Suited for Success.

Boney

Banned
CHEEZMO™;33144637 said:
http://i.imgur.com/Inj3a.png[IMG][/QUOTE]

was talking about it with negator cause there were some rhythm heaven mashes and he sent me other fan videos, and when i woke up today the ep was on so i said sure why not.

I still can't see what's so special about this, especially to conform such a big community, it's just an ok show. Oh well, bronies are hilarious so that's something!

[quote="PBalfredo, post: 33144680"]The dealio with the series? Well if that was the first episode you saw, I understand the feeling since that's a "meh" tier episode. I think the general consensus (which is always heavily debated) for the best episode for newbies is Dragonshy, followed by Suited for Success.[/QUOTE]

I've seen that and the first one. As well as some random clips. I'll prolly watch some more if it's on the telly, but I'm not really a fan of it.

PBalfredo

Honestly, the show's just the half of it. The other half of the fun is being part of a fandom which is super-active. There is ton of brony generated content like the fan videos you've seen, never-ending stream of fan art, and awesome fangames, etc. Plus watching new episodes with the community on synchtube. It makes being a fan sort of a big interactive experience.

Yes. MLPFiM is more than just a show.

The community, the fanworks, the over-analyzing of the show, the fanon, the background ponies, pony themed servers for games...

The show's fine, I can manage to find a whole 30 minutes a week free to watch it pretty easily, but the fact that it's an internet phenomenon really adds to the experience.

it's just an ok show.

That's a large part of it. The show is a simply a well done show, despite all the negative expectations that any MLP show would have attached to it. A lot of fans checked out the show because they thought "this can't actually be good right?" and ended up finding a well written and enjoyable show. It's not some be all end all show, but it's well designed so that people of any age can find aspects of it to enjoy and overall is a nice, wholesome 30 minutes of entertainment. At least that's how I see things.

Also PBalfredo is right. If it wasn't for the fanbase churning out tons of interesting artwork, music remixes and all sorts of other fan creations I wouldn't care about the fandom anywhere near as much. Hearing the 8 bit remixes and buf's FiM x Vocaloid mashups is what caused me to really start getting interested in the fandom outside of just watching the show and moving on to something else.

Orcastar

I actually posted that ice cream pic a few pages ago, but I guess it got swallowed up by all the drama...

Anyway, you all need to watch this incredibly awesome fan animation: Derpy Cardcaptor. And don't let the inspiration deter you if you're not into anime, this just an incredible animation, period.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: I'm surprised how few decent pony flash animations we've seen so far.

Cheerilee

I actually posted that ice cream pic a few pages ago, but I guess it got swallowed up by all the drama...

Anyway, you all need to watch this incredibly awesome fan animation: Derpy Cardcaptor. And don't let the inspiration deter you if you're not into anime, this just an incredible animation, period.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: I'm surprised how few decent pony flash animations we've seen so far.
That was great, although I wonder why they didn't just call it Cardcaptor Derpy (I know it says Cardcaptor underneath where it says Derpy, but that's how they did it in CCS).

And it seems alien to me that anyone would be turned off by Cardcaptor Sakura.

Wow, I missed some drama didn't I? Come on Pony GAF

kC7ix.gif

I would quote on comment on it, but... I'm sure that would just cause trouble. I hate working weekends sometimes. I really wish I could join in on all the synchtube stuff

ShW0F.gif

Wow, been a while since I've seen a humanized pony that really keeps the show's artstyle.

Why do they always make Twilight black or whatever?

I think the idea is that some fans think that she has a darker color coat, means that would translate to a darker skin tone (some people also give Rarity and Fluutershy lighter skin tones for the same reason). Plus if this WERE a show with a human female cast, you know they'd try to make it as PC as possible by having as much ethnic diversity as possible.

So there's some obvious dichotomy involving human ponies. I ask you PonyGAF, what about the Pony Blobs? I didn't like them at first, but they've really grown on me.

dDDgSl.jpg

Orcastar

That was great, although I wonder why they didn't just call it Cardcaptor Derpy (I know it says Cardcaptor underneath where it says Derpy, but that's how they did it in CCS).

And it seems alien to me that anyone would be turned off by Cardcaptor Sakura.
I have nothing against CCP (though I haven't actually watched it) or anime in general, but some people here have expressed an irrational distaste towards anything anime in the past...

Oh, and pony blobs, eh?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom