• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony FiM Community |OT| We will love and tolerate the SHIT outta you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
So I just learned that the voice of Sweetie Belle is actually the daughter of Ian James Corlett, the voice of Goku in the Ocean Productions dub.
My question is, has this been taken to the logical conclusion?

Welp, can't say I'm surprised.

I actually don't care much for the videos that take a single super tiny unrecognizable sample and then recreate a song with it. I much prefer the videos with longer samples that pull them from all different sources.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=viTkj0eu-fk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nNDMEVJzvfQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MlV8buv6kqs

Yeah I don't see the appeal of those videos either. The ones you linked are awesome. too bad they're so few compared to the ones we don't like :/

I'm surprised it isn't a guy.

Oh hey it's one of my vids. Still surprised it took off so well after just a random thought my sister had.

But I understand what you mean. It's like seeing a quiet restaurant you frequent suddenly get a huge boost in popularity. You're happy to see the place thrive, but at the same time it irks you that it's no longer that quiet place so few knew about.

I think the other thing is that BECAUSE it's so popular, there's more amateur video projects popping up too. Like there's a TON of AMV Hell-like parodies now, but they just don't measure up to PONIES: The Anthology.

That. and after so much stuff being ponified, maybe the idea has worn itself out a bit. Maybe?

Eh, just a theory. I still love the show myself. As I said in the OT, my sister and I had a blast watching the latest episode.

This. As well as crossovers (Goku flying while Sweetie Belle rides on his head).

Well his Mega Man voice is well known too which makes this parody all the more relevant.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2OhRG-eE85s

Just like her:
cOugi.gif

MWAHAHAHA

*Bows down in reverence*

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
I actually posted that ice cream pic a few pages ago, but I guess it got swallowed up by all the drama...

Anyway, you all need to watch this incredibly awesome fan animation: Derpy Cardcaptor. And don't let the inspiration deter you if you're not into anime, this just an incredible animation, period.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: I'm surprised how few decent pony flash animations we've seen so far.
This is brilliant and I want to hug the author.

For those few who may not know the original, here's the opening video to Card Captor Sakura.

Animation is hard, tedious, time-consuming work. :(

McNum

Yeah 1000 PEOPLE CLICKED is the Unanimous Delivers video that made me forever pony. I decided whatever community could create that was truly, truly awesome.
I think I had the same thing, but with Night of Pony. Although I like the show itself, it was fanvideos like that that hooked me on it.

Also, just because I feel I left one of my favorites out last time: Flutter
Not quite the same level of mad as the others, but it has a lot of Fluttershy.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
We made Cracked again.

The 4 Most Unexpected Fan Bases in Pop Culture

With all the concentration on drugs and sex in the '80s, there wasn't much room for work. No one was very good at their jobs as evidenced by shows like Knight Rider, projects like DARE and all the lumbering stabs by corporations to trick children out of money for hunks of plastic. Hasbro, for instance, didn't understand how television shows built around pre-existing toys had to be anything more than a 30-minute commercial for the product. They created the plot-less My Little Pony cartoon with the singular goal of cramming in as many different characters in an episode as a little girl could remember while walking through the toy aisle of a K-Mart.

But when the show rebooted in 2010, it made a point of being everything previous iterations of the show lacked. Friendship Is Magic concentrated on character development, humor, conflict and, above all, providing lessons for girls on the complex nature of friendship. But all those elements accidentally perked the interest of another demographic entirely: young adult males.

"You might think I'm a Rainbow Dash guy. Nope, I'm Fluttershy all the way."

Now "Bronie" communities are popping up all over the Internet and their adoration for My Little Pony is completely earnest. Not only are they watching the show, but they are talking about it on forums, they are dedicating hours to My Little Pony fan art and they are generally obsessing over a show built for young girls. The audience of teenage and young adult males is so massive now that the show has responded with an enthusiastic, "Ugh, alright fine."

Hub, the network responsible for the show, released a My Little Ponymusic video that features the cartoon ponies actually mentioning their bronie fan base by name.

"Sipping rainbow juice

Talking Elements of Harmony

Our Bronies hang out too

(Come on, Bronies!)

'Cause they know we're awesome fillies

(Come on, everypony!) "

The male audience is big enough and has been around long enough to alleviate most concerns that the infatuation is seeded in bestiality or misdirected pedophilia. They are just adolescent boys who are really enthusiastic about cartoon ponies struggling to learn the meaning of friendship. Like a disappointed but loving father, society has put the baseball glove back on the shelf and more or less resigned itself to let this shit play out for now. No one can say whether the meme will pass as these young men discover the vast superiority of human females, or if they will be overzealous fans of the show as long as it's on the air, forever adhering to the old adage, Bronies before Hoenies.

Read more: The 4 Most Unexpected Fan Bases in Pop Culture | Cracked.com http://www.cracked.com/blog/the-4-most-unexpected-fan-bases-in-pop-culture/#ixzz1fgkaGD3f

Here is another pic in a similar style:

HNNNNG.

When I fixed my cousin's computer i changed their bear saying "how about no" background to that fluttershy background.

When she noticed and ranted about it I said I'd put a bear back and put the fluttershy snapping a bear's neck as the new background

Orcastar

We made Cracked again.

The 4 Most Unexpected Fan Bases in Pop Culture

The male audience is big enough and has been around long enough to alleviate most concerns that the infatuation is seeded in bestiality or misdirected pedophilia. They are just adolescent boys who are really enthusiastic about cartoon ponies struggling to learn the meaning of friendship. Like a disappointed but loving father, society has put the baseball glove back on the shelf and more or less resigned itself to let this shit play out for now. No one can say whether the meme will pass as these young men discover the vast superiority of human females, or if they will be overzealous fans of the show as long as it's on the air, forever adhering to the old adage, Bronies before Hoenies.
uImr1.png

Also, why does almost every mainstream media outlet seem to go with "bronie" instead of "brony"?

When I fixed my cousin's computer i changed their bear saying "how about no" background to that fluttershy background.

When she noticed and ranted about it I said I'd put a bear back and put the fluttershy snapping a bear's neck as the new background
You're my hero.

Ikael

Sorry, but there's a disturbing lack of human ponies on the last pages. I am willing to repair such mistake:

my_little_hipsters_by_pockyfairy-d4a9wab.jpg

As if you needed further proof that Twilight is best pony:

mlp___twilight_sparkle_cosplay_by_beautifully_twisted-d4cgs7w.jpg

Holy fucking shit Applebloom. HOLY. FUCKING. SHEEEEEEIIITT

mlp__applebloom_by_nocturnal_blossom-d486yv7.jpg

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
could be worse if they knew about all thet perverted content fans make
*I've seen too much*
*I've seen too much*
*I've seen too much*
*I've seen too much*
*I've seen too much*
*I've seen too much*
*I've seen too much*
*I've seen too much*
*I've seen too much*
*I've seen too much*
*I've seen too much*

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
I don't know why, but those real life pony pics are somewhat disturbing to me.

Ego continues to do her thing, and do it well.

Daww, I can't wait for the onslaught of Christmas fanart that will start popping up.

Uchip

Banned
CHEEZMO™;33217199 said:
The manchild-y wish fulfiillment angle is the creepiest part of this any fandom like this.

I dunno
I havent really seen the embedded into reality thing before
please prove me wrong for laughs :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom