• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony FiM Community |OT| We will love and tolerate the SHIT outta you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
DrForester said:
I am ponygafs lone voice of reason.

"She's not a tyrant!"
EHFq2.jpg

bananas

Banned
That Derpy computer image above is too awesome. I simply must:

Old avatar:
Mazfy.png

New avatar:
rokYS.png

I don't know which one I like better.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Theonik said:
Thanks!
My ranking would be:
Rainbow Dash
Twilight Sparkle
Rarity
Fluttershy
Apple Jack

such a low fluttershy would normally be unacceptable, but first place dash and last place applejack is a powerful argument.

Does anyone have any good words to say about X3 before the sale ticks over?

I thought it was an x-com derivative series (I confused it with the UFO series), but it looks more like general space exploration strategy with some sim.

Theonik

tiff said:
No Pinkie Pie?
Edited, she'd be bellow Fluttershy, though she's definitely not bland as AJ can be.
Pandaman said:
such a low fluttershy would normally be unacceptable, but first place dash and last place applejack is a powerful argument.
It's kind of a toss between Rarity and Fluttershy, i pretty much like them both equally for different reasons.

Furret

Banned
Theonik said:
Thanks!
My ranking would be:
Rainbow Dash
Twilight Sparkle
Rarity
Fluttershy
Pinky Pie
Apple Jack

This list is a good list, as long as it's meant to be implying the Pinkie Pie is off the scale at the top of her own list.

Here are 4 suggestions, although the games are so different it might not be an easy choice.

Borderlands is pretty fun and has a lot of content. Terraria is pretty good too, but a lot of it is grind. Magicka is a blast, especially in co-op, but it's kinda buggy. DoWII:Retribution is probably also a good choice, as it has a bunch of campaigns to run through.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Theonik said:
It's kind of a toss between Rarity and Fluttershy, i pretty much like them both equally for different reasons.
its hard because 5th place looks alot more insulting than you mean it to be. you want all the non-applejacks in your top 3 but you dont have enough slots for them. >_>

Nocturnowl said:
I'm beginning to wonder if poor old Applejack ever makes the top half of a list, she sits at number 4 on mine.
I've been laughed at about it before but for me my list is:
1. Fluttershy
2. Applejack
3. Rainbow Dash / Pinkie Pie / Twilight / Rarity

Basically I like them all the same, but I like FS and AJ just a little bit more.

PBalfredo

Nocturnowl said:
I'm beginning to wonder if poor old Applejack ever makes the top half of a list, she sits at number 4 on mine.

Applejack needs some episodes focused on her in season 2 to help her grow. Aside from Apple Buck Season, all of the other Applejack episodes are equal parts Rarity or Dash episodes as well.

AdawgDaFAB said:
I've been laughed at about it before but for me my list is:
1. Fluttershy
2. Applejack
3. Rainbow Dash / Pinkie Pie / Twilight / Rarity

Basically I like them all the same, but I like FS and AJ just a little bit more.
Laughed at? Hardly seems chuckle worthy, tis a fine list. I doubt anyone who ranks a pony down the bottom is saying they dislike them, usually. I'd put Dash at the bottom of mine but I don't dislike her.
As for season 2 both Applejack and Rarity need more episodes, i'm beginning to think that Applebloom gets more attention than Applejack.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Okay PonyGAF, I'll throw in some free gifted copies of The Path!

3448328088_5b67509a7c_z.jpg

Here are some things that may interest you about this game:

There is one rule in the game. And it needs to be broken. There is one goal. And when you attain it, you die.

The Path is recreating the story of Little Red Riding Hood with a twist in a modern-day setting.
It's unsettling, it's unnerving and it may even get a bit scary. And it's not exactly what you'll be expecting from a modern video game. It's a game about 6 girls, their experiences, their psyche, their own 'wolves', and - most of all - about growing up.

How you SHOULD play The Path:

Don't read this. Just play it.

Still there? Alright:
http://tale-of-tales.com/blog/2009/06/16/how-to-play-the-path/
There you go.

Now.

I know a lot of people on GAF say "It's not a game" (which might be true, for most parts), or "it sucks and it's boring" (which is utter bullshit),
but if you are interested in psychological themes, scary atmosphere or just dig the fantastic designs of the girls

300.jpg
300.jpg

then I'd advice you to give it a try. I will promise you: This game has quite a few moments you will remember for a long, long time. (At least more than Call of Duty).
The first five people who are genuinely interested, (and you can prove this by telling me WHY you are interested, together with your steam ID) will get a copy. "I want it because it's free" does not count as a reason.

robin2.png

Please don't spam my PM box and answer directly here in the thread :)

Quinnjaminn

Neo Member
Like Bakphoon, I'm also looking for some last minute Steam purchases. I finally ordered a new laptop for gaming, but I neglected the Steam sale because I have no money. Then I discovered an unused $50 visa gift card yesterday. I bought these games so far:

Terraria
Beat Hazard Complete
Sam and Max: Seasons 1-3
Penny Arcade Combo Pack
Battlefield Bad Company 2 Standard Edition

I have $21.73 left to spend, and I'm looking at Just Cause 2, Magicka, and possibly Sanctum. Any advice on where I should spend the rest of my money?
Bufbaf said:
Okay PonyGAF, I'll throw in some free gifted copies of The Path

I'd love to receive a copy of The Path! From the screenshots on your link, the art style looks amazing, and I see a heavy emphasis on narrative and character development. Sure it's a slow game without much actual gameplay, but it's a nice way to break up the monotony of most big-budget games. The Path appears so different from every other game I own, and uniqueness is never a bad thing. My Steam ID is quinnhj.

Bakphoon

And another giveaway :D

Pc8Ox.jpg
aPGzm.jpg

I have 7,51€ left from the sale and now i can't afford GTA4, but because PonyGAF is so awesome and gifted me some games, so I will use this leftover money for gifting away 2 games.

The first both PonyGAFers who will do a drawing of my Avatar Pony playing a game or on the PC will get either Magicka or Sanctum or another game that costs up to 3,75€ (on the German store).

I don't care if its done in Paint or Photoshop, but show some effort to it so I can see that you really want it.

(I'm doing such a thing for the first time)

and sorry for grammar mistakes, my english isn't perfect :/

Edit: OK I GOT 2 ENTRIES, SO CONTEST IS OVER :p

Liberty4all

Banned
I like scary things. I like them alot.

Perhaps saying I like scary things isn't exactly what I mean ... really I like games with atmosphere. Titles like Flower (PS3), or Child of Eden ... games that are about more than just the game.

Really though I like playing things where it's obvious the developer has gone outside the box of the typical titles you see nowadays in consoleland .... this is why I bought my new PC 3 weeks ago ... I wanted back the joy of PC gaming, specifically in the Indie scene.

Steam ID is bamelin1

Bufbaf said:

Here are some things that may interest you about this game:

There is one rule in the game. And it needs to be broken. There is one goal. And when you attain it, you die.

The Path is recreating the story of Little Red Riding Hood with a twist in a modern-day setting.
It's unsettling, it's unnerving and it may even get a bit scary. And it's not exactly what you'll be expecting from a modern video game. It's a game about 6 girls, their experiences, their psyche, their own 'wolves', and - most of all - about growing up.

How you SHOULD play The Path:

Don't read this. Just play it.

Still there? Alright:
http://tale-of-tales.com/blog/2009/06/16/how-to-play-the-path/
There you go.

Now.

I know a lot of people on GAF say "It's not a game" (which might be true, for most parts), or "it sucks and it's boring" (which is utter bullshit),
but if you are interested in psychological themes, scary atmosphere or just dig the fantastic designs of the girls

300.jpg
300.jpg

then I'd advice you to give it a try. I will promise you: This game has quite a few moments you will remember for a long, long time. (At least more than Call of Duty).
The first five people who are genuinely interested, (and you can prove this by telling me WHY you are interested, together with your steam ID) will get a copy. "I want it because it's free" does not count as a reason.

robin2.png

Please don't spam my PM box and answer directly here in the thread :)

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Quinnjaminn said:
. Any advice on where I should spend the rest of my money?
[...]

I'd love to receive a copy of The Path!
Seriously? :D

Cap Fish: It isn't THAT scary. Miles away from Amnesia-levels of scary :)

Quinnjaminn

Neo Member
Bufbaf said:
Seriously? :D
Sorry if that came off as just trying to get some free games. I was already typing the top half of my post when I saw your offer. The artistic direction of the game looks fantastic, and I'm a sucker for "pretty" games. Okami remains one of my favorite games just because of its amazing visuals and music.

Oh, and Equestria Daily just posted another behind the scenes video of the MLP animation process.

LuffyZoro

Bufbaf said:

I really like the art style I see here, and I like games that you have to think about more. I enjoy dark fairy tales, and this game looks really interesting. My Steam ID is LuffyZoro.

Bakphoon said:

Pc8Ox.jpg
aPGzm.jpg

I have 7,51€ left from the sale and now i can't afford GTA4, but because PonyGAF is so awesome and gifted me some games, so I will use this leftover money for gifting away 2 games.

The first both PonyGAFers who will do a drawing of my Avatar Pony playing a game or on the PC will get either Magicka or Sanctum or another game that costs up to 3,75€ (on the German store).

I don't care if its done in Paint or Photoshop, but show some effort to it so I can see that you really want it.
And sorry for the bad drawing, but here.
lbs3B.png

Bakphoon said:

Pc8Ox.jpg
aPGzm.jpg
Damn, I'd love to get either one of these games, but they don't run very well on my pc. Wouldn't mind getting my hands on a free copy of 'The Path' either, but I expect it won't work to well either.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
oh ffs, i just had an internet blackout during the paypal process and now steam says there's a problem during checkout - is that a known thing i can fix easily?

edit: Working again :D

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Bufbaf said:

Back in 2009, a friend of mine bought the game and was very, very mad at it. Seriously: I'd never seen someone hate on a game that much.

Obviously, I immediately checked YouTube for some videos of the game - and I was amazed by the weirdness and how creepy everything seemed in those scenes. I've watched a couple of endings (such as Carmen's), and all of them creeped me out. And I love that.

I'm really cheap, though, so I never bought the game. A chance to check it out would be really great.

Bufbaf said:

Ooh, yes please. :) I read about this game in PC Gamer UK, I believe, and I'd very much like to see how it works as a game, what the devs have done with it. I can't really imagine how it plays out based on what I know, and that's exciting. I don't know anything about what happens in the game besides vague suggestion, and that's so rare in today's spoiler-rich culture that such a game's very existence makes me clamour to play it.

Steam ID is madhair60. (Hopefully I got the rules down this time)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom