• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony FiM Community |OT| We will love and tolerate the SHIT outta you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Narag

Bufbaf said:
Alright, I just sent over a copy of The Path to Bamelin without problems, Luffy still won't work :/

Worse comes to worst, you can gift it to a dummy email account of yours so you get it at that price then gift it later to luffy.

Quinnjaminn

Neo Member
Neil C. recently uploaded two sets of My Little Pony FIM commercials to his Vimeo account. They are just short segments of the musical numbers from the show, but it is interesting to see the promo that isn't targeted towards bronies. These are also the highest quality clips we've seen so far at 1080p, with correct colors and no watermarks.

Edit: Strange. They left out the background music on Giggle at the Ghostly again.

Orcastar

Calpain said:
Pankaks said:

Damn these are awesome. Egophiliac really knows how to tug at those hearthstrings.

DrForester said:
This is great as well. One thing that bothers me though: the white coat and helmet made me think this might be another future image, i.e. Dash has moved back to Cloudsdale and gotten a job at the weather factory or something, but there's nothing else in the image to suggest this. Maybe I'm just being too nitpicky.

Narag

Pandaman said:
our communities look out for each other.
because pankaks and I went all celestia on them and rule the lesser players with an iron fist

Oh I know. I lurk that thread daily.
Looking forward to when you coax Yoshi back to the swarm (and herd.)

After getting bodied trying to learn Dudley and Juri and having to sulk back to Fei Long to win matches, those Hub commercials really cheered me up.

That's a nice picture, but if Dash starts playing an electric guitar at any point, I might have to tap out. I can only assume a leather jacket and shades will follow soon afterwards.

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
Uchip said:
being cross eyed is not fun
ill tell you this now!
Yeah, but Derpy makes it look that way. It's not my fault that she's the cute one!

Man, it feels good coming back to this thread after an almost postless weekend. Weekday PonyGAF is best PonyGAF for me. :)

ahoyhoy said:
Gotcha! Brony Girlfriend was caught!

Give a nickname to Brony Girlfriend?
A valuable catch indeed. Welcome to the brony couple club. ;)

OMG Aero said:
And for a bonus poll, everyone voted on their favourite Cutie Mark Crusader and the results were Apple Bloom in first with 12 votes, Rainbow Dash jr Scootaloo in second with 11 and Sweetie Belle in last with 8.
Heh, I was the tie breaker on that one. U mad, Scoots? U jelly? ;D

kliklik said:
Jesus, 17 GB for the first season!?
Make sure you don't get the 1080p TV rips. The 720p's from... err... that other source are generally better.

Zomba13

So I've been playing a bunch of TF2 lately and really getting into hats and stuff and thought that a Pinkie Pie mane hat for the pyro would be awesome (like the my little fortress fan art). I think it could be done too, just make it a pink, fluffy mane/wig and call it something like the 'Pyro's Party ___(some hairstyle beggining with P)'. I mean they have the Team Captain which is pretty much M.Bison's hat (and that was community contributed iirc). Unfortunately I suuuuck at modelling (yes, I tried).
Got decent reference pics and the pyro imported into blender and tutorial videos but I just suck at it.

Would be awesome if I made it and submitted it to valve and it got in. Bet it'd sell well too as ponies seem popular on the interwebs at the moment. (it's also become my most sought after unusual. Pinkies mane + rotating heart = god tier)

OMG Aero

Zomba13 said:
So I've been playing a bunch of TF2 lately and really getting into hats and stuff and thought that a Pinkie Pie mane hat for the pyro would be awesome (like the my little fortress fan art). I think it could be done too, just make it a pink, fluffy mane/wig and call it something like the 'Pyro's Party ___(some hairstyle beggining with P)'. I mean they have the Team Captain which is pretty much M.Bison's hat (and that was community contributed iirc). Unfortunately I suuuuck at modelling (yes, I tried).
Got decent reference pics and the pyro imported into blender and tutorial videos but I just suck at it.

Would be awesome if I made it and submitted it to valve and it got in. Bet it'd sell well too as ponies seem popular on the interwebs at the moment. (it's also become my most sought after unusual. Pinkies mane + rotating heart = god tier)
Someone already beat you to it.
dMszB.png

From here
I don't think any pony mods have actually been submitted to Valve yet though.

Zomba13 said:

Pyro's Puffy Party Parasol would work if it was more like what she wore in the show. But something like that picture Aero posted, I got nothing.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Corran Horn said:
I lurk in many threads. Not much action happens at gaf at 2am while im waiting for the gsl :/

So Corran, do you have a favorite pony list yet? :D

OMG Aero said:
Here are two more abridged videos for people that like them, coincidentally both of them are of Look Before You Sleep.
My Little Pony: The (Abridged) Mentally Advanced Series Ep 6
Friendship is Witchcraft - "Read it and Sleep"

I like how the Friendship is Witchcraft ones change the episodes into being about different things instead of just replacing the voices.

Those were pretty great. It seems Applejack is the only pony who is basically the same as the original who works in Mentally Advanced. Rarity was pretty hilarious in that one.

With that second episode, Witchcraft is still my favorite abridged series. Great voice work, good writing, and the musical touches are nice. I liked the song a lot too.

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
kliklik said:
It's all downloaded. Lots of caring and sharing bronies out there seeding. I'll watch epi 3 and 4 tonight after work.
Be sure to report back on those, this is where the magic (and friendship) really begins. ;)

Zomba13

OMG Aero said:
Someone already beat you to it.
http://i.imgur.com/dMszB.png[IMG]
[URL="http://ubergaming.net/forums/index.php?/topic/309-tf2-skins-general/"]From here[/URL]
I don't think any pony mods have actually been submitted to Valve yet though.[/QUOTE]
:O *downloads*

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
AdawgDaFAB said:
Hahaha, Myke giving out homework assignments! Welcome kliklik, glad to see you enjoying the show.
I'm just trying to make sure that Kliklik self-identifies with the show's main character. ;P

Bakphoon

I drew something today (like always using the small touchpad of my notebook and mouse) :

kYfrH.jpg

I had to draw her at some point :p

And the sketches:

03gNU.jpg

Orcastar said:
[...] One thing that bothers me though: the white coat and helmet made me think this might be another future image, i.e. Dash has moved back to Cloudsdale and gotten a job at the weather factory or something, but there's nothing else in the image to suggest this. Maybe I'm just being too nitpicky.
The outside of her house has mini versions of all the factories seen in Cloudsdale. Because of this is has been specualted that RD's the main weather controller for Ponyville, and thus has a mini factory as part of her house. This is why she has a set of leb coat/helmet.

Orcastar

Owlowiscious said:
The outside of her house has mini versions of all the factories seen in Cloudsdale. Because of this is has been specualted that RD's the main weather controller for Ponyville, and thus has a mini factory as part of her house. This is why she has a set of leb coat/helmet.
Oh cool, I never noticed that. Watched every episode multiple times but it seems there's always some new stuff to discover. Gotta save something for the blu-ray release too though.

Also, great Belle Eve there Bak. Keep up the good work!

OMG Aero

Would you like to see Jon St. John, voice of Duke Nukem, read the first few lines from the opening song? Of course you do.

Someone with more money than sense should get him to read all the lines of a character from an episode and replace the real voices with his.

After many a human drawing I decided that for a change of pace i'd doodle a pony for variety, it's not as simple as it seems yet oddly entertaining, then again I've spent most of my life doodling random creatures that would be scattered in the margins of many a piece of paper. This feels like a more pleasant extension of that.
Maybe I should task myself to present a fabulous piece of work before Season 2 starts.
the twist is that the work in question contains human ponies! AHAHAHA! oh I kid

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom