• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony FiM Community |OT| We will love and tolerate the SHIT outta you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Orcastar

Amibguous Cad said:
It was, actually, as I recall. The project got cancelled, though.
I see. Well I'm not surprised; it's easy to announce that you're working on a new game but actually finishing one is another thing entirely. Sure it would be nice to try out one of the numerous pony MMOs and other games the fans seem to be currently working on, but most of them will probably end up being cancelled at some point. I just hope it doesn't happen to that amazing-looking fighting game.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
DrForester said:
jJfSf.png

Dominicus Agito: Friendship is Magic XV: Winter Wrap-Up/Weather Falls Days

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
At least post the entire comic so it's not so damn depressing.

But she always gets new experiences and friends for all eternity. She gets to see the evolution of a world over thousands of years.
That would be awesome.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Update on the fighting game:

Hey guys, Jay here. I’m one of the animators working on the game, and I thought I’d show you guys one of the things I’ve been working on: the idle!

The idle animations are the ones that show when you aren’t doing anything. This is something we didn’t have much reference for in the MLP:FiM show, because there is rarely any moment when the ponies are standing around looking ready to fight. The idle is a good chance to try inject life and personality into our characters.

0VYRY.gif

The one I’ve shown here is the crouched idle for Rainbow Dash. Dash is an energetic girl, so even when crouching I wanted her looking ready to spring up at any moment. I found a nice still frame from the show with this pose, recreated it, then added the subtle movement you see here. One thing that was interesting was her wings. To begin with they were an object that I would move and scale for each frame of her breathing; but this ended up making them look very stiff and “glued on”. So I split it up into the separate feathers, and animated them slightly out of step with each other. It’s very subtle but it makes her wings look a lot more dynamic and lively!

And a picture of the Apple sisters, just because.

SmaMTm.png

Artist DA

Edit:
ThreeSix said:
The Comedy Event on ED finished up and there's quite a few good videos.

Mine's there at #8, but the other ones I liked are #4, 5, 7, 9, and 15 was my favorite one.

Good enough to be linked.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YchuoZUj_o4

Oh god #2 was great, Russel Peters is such a fantastic comedian. #4 killed me, what a terrible amazing father that guy is.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
CHEEZMO™ said:
I don't get it :/

Your ponies are getting better though.
the joke was someone scrolls down, sees panda/belle marriage and >:\'s
then they scroll down a bit more and see its just a fantasy of an unconscious panda baks dragging to the hospital.

Calpain

Pankaks said:
That's some pretty impressive looking progress! Out of all the projects ongoing this is the one I really, really hope makes it to completion.

ThreeSix said:
The Comedy Event on ED finished up and there's quite a few good videos.

Mine's there at #8, but the other ones I liked are #4, 5, 7, 9, and 15 was my favorite one.

Good enough to be linked.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YchuoZUj_o4

Thanks for the heads up, 36, I'll have to check them all out later today especially if you say there are some good ones in there.

Oh, and have a comedic picture based on Story of the Blanks:

tiff

Banned
Nishastra said:
Man, I can't wait for today's synchtube :p

Two of my favorite episodes!
Ah, I was so busy focusing on catching up on this week's anime that I totally forgot that's today. :lol

Pankaks said:

Hey guys, Jay here. I’m one of the animators working on the game, and I thought I’d show you guys one of the things I’ve been working on: the idle!
0VYRY.gif
[...]

The one I’ve shown here is the crouched idle for Rainbow Dash.
I too have made a crouching dash animation:

oJRj9.gif

McNum

It might be a good idea for me to ask this in advance, but how do I actually join a specific server in TF2?

I want in on this week's TF2, try to shoot at a live target, but I haven't got a clue about how to actually get to that point.

Narag

McNum said:
It might be a good idea for me to ask this in advance, but how do I actually join a specific server in TF2?

I want in on this week's TF2, try to shoot at a live target, but I haven't got a clue about how to actually get to that point.
Last week a mass invite to the server was sent. IP is usually posted or I believe you can click "Join" on one of us if we're ingame.

tiff

Banned
Dai101 said:
No seriuosly. I migth be a MLP FiM fan but i've never buy something related to it. The same goes to my other hobbies (vidya gaemz, animation, movies, etc.)
I might've said the same thing a few years ago.

Now I'm buying figurines left and right.

McNum

tiff said:
I might've said the same thing a few years ago.

Now I'm buying figurines left and right.
I've considered getting one of the molded ponies, but I haven't been able to find them here in Denmark. Ah well, the show probably needs to start airing before the good toys arrive.

tiff

Banned
McNum said:
I've considered getting one of the molded ponies, but I haven't been able to find them here in Denmark. Ah well, the show probably needs to start airing before the good toys arrive.
Oh, haha, I wasn't talking about ponies, in case I confused anyone.

OMG Aero

McNum said:

I'll send an invite to everyone online in the PonyGAF Steam group, but usually if you have a server IP you can just go to connect to a server -> favourite servers -> add then type in the IP.

McNum

OMG Aero said:
I'll send an invite to everyone online in the PonyGAF Steam group, but usually if you have a server IP you can just go to connect to a server -> favourite servers -> add then type in the IP.
OK. I'll give it a shot. And since I'm thinking Heavy, if the team I join isn't full of them, I'll be giving lots and lots of shots.

Narag

Captain Fish said:
If that's the Luna Heresy, Celestia is in for a rough spot.

1) I googled Luna Heresy and found there's an actual fanfic on ED. Celestia help me.
2) Found art of Fluttershy as Sanguinus. She's in for a rougher spot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom