• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony FiM Community |OT| We will love and tolerate the SHIT outta you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quinnjaminn

Neo Member
Amibguous Cad said:
I just want to know how they're getting their voices to do that stuff. Are they taking like a split second of them talking, repeating it a million times, and pitch shifting it? It's weird how the sound still retains a distinct trace of their original voice actor while still being unrecognizable from anything in the show.
I think they take short segments of audio (usually voices for melody, and sounds like doors slamming for percussion) and then let them run for the length of the note. They then pitch shift them to match the song. I've seen some people go with a single segment and just stretch it to fit the notes, while others have different samples for each note length.

I agree with Owlowiscious that the version by rabiesx86 is better. I'm not sure if it's just me, but most of pkwinner's work is slightly off pitch. I think that's because pkwinner manually changes the pitch in Vegas, while rabiesx86 uses MIDIs to get more precise adjustments.

RlVJ6.png

Jintor

OMG Aero said:
Where do you live that you are getting 400 ping? Granted I think this is a UK server, but most people that aren't in the UK had pings of around 100 which is good enough to play with. I play on the US pony servers a fair bit and routinely have a ping of around 120 and that's okay for me.
If you find a server that's better for you and everyone else though, feel free to suggest it. I keep picking this one because it's always empty when the Synchtube finishes and since it's a pony server, if other people join the game they are usually fans of the show and are friendly instead of super competitive.

I'm on the other side of the world and complaining about a .5 second ping :p

Quinnjaminn

Neo Member
Some people discussed Akinator, the Web Genius, in the thread a while back, and I decided to check it out. I had the biggest smile when I saw this on my screen:

tSBhGl.jpg

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Amibguous Cad said:
HOW THE HELL DOES IT DO THAT

Sorry to be a party pooper, but if Akinator can't figure out a character, than you're suppose to teach him about the character.

I think we had 3 or so members teach him about Belle.

ThreeSix said:
I didn't know Fluttershy fans could be so...persuasive.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jyf19RqCAkw
Hooray! Fixed for great justice!

Amibguous Cad said:
http://i.imgur.com/RlVJ6.png
You are a week too early! Nonetheless, I still laughed ^__^.

Flying_Phoenix said:
How the hell does this only have 300 views?
When a youtube video gets a massive surge of views, it usually stops around 300 for a while until updating later to the real view number.

Flying_Phoenix said:
How the hell does this only have 300 views?

It's some kind of new anti-spam measure. A video will say it only has 300 views for a few days and then the system tallies up all the views a updates accordingly after that time.

That's what I hear anyway.

Anyway, damn, I hate working the weekends sometimes, it seems like I miss all the fun here on the weekends ;_;

Oh well, finishing up a new video. Will hopefully be done by Monday.

OMG Aero said:
Fluttershy loves this post.

It'd be great if more people posted recommendations of fanfiction they have read and enjoyed. There's so genuinely good stuff out there but there's so much that it can be hard to find without someone pointing it out to you.

hnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnng so adorbs

I have to admit, that avy of yours really is cute. Speaking of which, here's something trippy to use when posting that I found on Ponychan. Hell if cropped right, this might make for a cool avatar.

RWfdF.png

Oh, as for fanfics, I said it a while back, but I haven't read fanfics for YEARS, and it's MLP of all things that brought it back for me.

Some stuff I'd recommend

Jack and the Ponies: An excellent and very believable Samurai Jack crossover. If MLP was in fact a new series for CN and NOT owned by Hasbro, this would TOTALLY work as an episode. Both series are portrayed with perfect accuracy and tone.

Stargate Equestria: Yeah, just guess. But aside from my brain short circuiting, trying to comprehend and imagine how live action humans would look like next to cartoon ponies, it's a really believable crossover especially in most of the dialog from O'Neil.

Stuck: When I say "Brony from 4chan is teleported to Ponyville" what would you think? Self Insert? Mary Sue? Boring? Thankfully no, that's not the case. It's WIP, but it's such a compelling story so far.

My Little Time Lord: One of the more popular Doctor Whoof stories. I feel it gets just a wee bit TOO dark sometimes, but I find Derpy's portrayal as a companion for the Doctor just fascinating. It actually makes me wonder why the writers of the show never thought of something like this.

Poisoned Sugar: The only other Doctor Whoof story I've fully read so far. I feel like the tone of both series is handled a bit better than MLTL and it's got a hilarious "Behind the Scenes" Epilogue.

Found some good PMVs and music in the last couple days, will try and do that tomorrow.

OMG Aero

Choppasmith said:
I have to admit, that avy of yours really is cute. Speaking of which, here's something trippy to use when posting that I found on Ponychan. Hell if cropped right, this might make for a cool avatar.
Why that's because Fluttershy is the most adorable pony. When I was looking through episodes to find a shot to use as an avatar, I found a few that were even cuter but I thought it was too risky to use them because they may cause diabetes.
ThreeSix said:
Pretty much. Go to Tinychat, and the link should be in the header.

Also was that you who recently sent me a friend request on Flank Book?
Thanks for telling me about this, I haven't been on tinychat in a while because I'm on a download limit now and wasn't sure how much the streaming videos would use up but if I can just go in an IRC channel instead then I can keep chatting without worrying about the videos.

Do you mean Facebook or is that an actual site? Because I don't remember sending any friend requests on Facebook recently and I've never heard of that site before.

OMG Aero said:
Why that's because Fluttershy is the most adorable pony.

Fluttershy is best pony

Yeah I never did do a Pony ranking. Kept meaning to, but never got around to it. I'm really lazy and behind on that.

Fluttershy > Pinkie Pie > Rarity > Applejack > Rainbow Dash > Twilight.

BRING IT DASH FANS!

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Calpain said:
Man that's a good video, it was great to see it playing in the Synchtube tonght. Such a catchy mix!
From now on I'll say to myself he referenced my videos during the first few seconds of the mix, it sounds awfully similar <3

Orcastar

Had to miss this week's synchtube because of a party. I'll never get to play TF2 with you guys. ;_;

CHEEZMO™ said:
This was friggin' epic!

Choppasmith said:

http://i.imgur.com/RWfdF.png
If I had something better than MS Paint to work with, I'd definitely try avatarizing this. Anyone willing to help a brony out?

EDIT: Nevermind, I got it.

Choppasmith said:
Fluttershy is best pony

Yeah I never did do a Pony ranking. Kept meaning to, but never got around to it. I'm really lazy and behind on that.

BRING IT DASH FANS!
gPupR.jpg

Songbird

Prodigal Son
McNum said:
Yeah, that is a concern. But I'm used to playing Support classes. I pretty much have all Defenders in City of Heroes, so I got the "healer's eye" so to speak. The ability to spot someone about to get hurt. And the ability to be a dirty coward who hides around the corner with the heal target in view. That works, too.
:D :D :D :D :D :D ;D
City of Heroes players here!? I haven't played for ages, but one of my favourites was a plant control/empathy controller. Pure control and healing.

Orcastar

Owlowiscious said:
maybe... maybe it's pointing towards the best pony?
It is! Wow, I didn't even think of that. Makes the image even more appropriate.

EDIT: Aww crap, now it's not pointing at the best pony anymore since I resized it. Dammit!

Nishastra

Banned
Thnikkaman said:
City of Heroes players here!? I haven't played for ages, but one of my favourites was a plant control/empathy controller. Pure control and healing.
The name "Nishastra" originally belonged to my first 50, an Ill/Kin Controller.

Also haven't played in quite a while and doubt I will again, though :p

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Choppasmith said:
Fluttershy is best pony

BRING IT DASH FANS!

Fluttershy would not be who she is without Rainbow Dash
Pinkie Pie would not be who she is without Rainbow Dash
Rarity would not be who she is without Rainbow Dash
Applejack would not be who she is without Rainbow Dash
Twilight would not be who she is without Rainbow Dash
Spike would not be who he is without Rainbow Dash

rL7yv.png

Problem?

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Thnikkaman said:

Go play the superior Champions Online :p

DrForester said:

rL7yv.png

Problem?

Rainbow Sue am confirmed

Jintor

Nishastra said:
CoV, huh? You one of those villain-only people? :p

Well, that was about the time I started to earn my own income and could thus afford an MMO

Of course, I got disenchanted after about a month, as is standard with most MMOs. I'm hoping Planetside 2 can sustain me though.

Nishastra

Banned
Nishastra said:
If by "superior", you mean "inferior in every way", sure! :p

I can't stand Champions at all, particularly the blobbly plastic artstyle.
That said, I am installing it right now. There's one particular thing that has always completely stopped me from playing it, one thing I simply cannot stand. It's a minor thing, and perhaps they've fixed it, but I doubt it. Still, I'll check.

OMG Aero

DrForester said:

http://i.imgur.com/rL7yv.png
Problem?
Rainbow Dash would not have done the sonic rainboom and triggered all those events if Fluttershy wasn't around in the first place.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
OMG Aero said:
Rainbow Dash would not have done the sonic rainboom and triggered all those events if Fluttershy wasn't around in the first place.

She would have challenged those guys to a race eventually. And it was still a choice by Dash to help out Fluttershy.

And don't get me wrong, Fluttershy is 2nd best pony.

Rainbow Dash > Fluttershy > Celestia > Twilight Sparkle > CMC > Rarity > Spike > Pinkie Pie > Applejack

Songbird

Prodigal Son
Ookami-kun said:
Go play the superior Champions Online :p
But there isn't free-form power selection in the free play and the characters have annoying proportions. Hero aligned Kinetic Melee/Willpower brute forever!

Nishastra said:
That said, I am installing it right now. There's one particular thing that has always completely stopped me from playing it, one thing I simply cannot stand. It's a minor thing, and perhaps they've fixed it, but I doubt it. Still, I'll check.
Mind me asking what that minor thing is? I thought Champions was a good effort but not as polished or enjoyable as CoH.

Anyway I'm tickled pink that another person here has played it! If the US/EU servers have been merged like they said would happen I would try and convince people to try out the Going Rogue expansion!

Orcastar

Well without Pinkie Pie, life in Ponyville would be a lot more predictable? And there would be fewer parties? Yes, my arguments suck, but Pinkie is still the best pony.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Nishastra said:
If by "superior", you mean "inferior in every way", sure! :p

I can't stand Champions at all, particularly the blobbly plastic artstyle.

I dunno, I hate CoH's style and aesthetics because it reeks of generic Asian MMORPG style.

Thnikkaman said:
But there isn't free-form power selection in the free play and the characters have annoying proportions. Hero aligned Kinetic Melee/Willpower brute forever!

Mind me asking what that minor thing is? I thought Champions was a good effort but not as polished or enjoyable as CoH.

Well that's Silver/F2P. Gold can do freeform. And you can change proportions too you know!

But then again I enjoy playing it because I can make a sharkman who uses flames.

Songbird

Prodigal Son
Ookami-kun said:
I dunno, I hate CoH's style and aesthetics because it reeks of generic Asian MMORPG style.

Well that's Silver/F2P. Gold can do freeform. And you can change proportions too you know!
I know. It just seems like however much I tweak a character's proportions they look like a rubbery action figure. My CoH dudes look a *little* more realistic.

Nishastra

Banned
Ookami-kun said:
Um, how? CoH is nothing like any asian MMO... In any way... It's like the least-asian thing there is...

Thnikkaman said:
The game assumes that all female characters will have the largest possible breasts. It has baked-on enormous-breast shadows/shaders. I've still got screens from the first time I tried it, hold on...

Front

Side

It allows you to go so low, but it looks hideous if you actually do it. There's only a handful of costume pieces that don't do this, and they usually have other problems with it.

Also I really dislike the face(s) :p

Songbird

Prodigal Son
Nishastra said:
The game assumes that all female characters will have the largest possible breasts. It has baked-on enormous-breast shadows/shaders. I've still got screens from the first time I tried it, hold on...

It allows you to go so low, but it looks hideous if you actually do it. There's only a handful of costume pieces that don't do this, and they usually have other problems with it.

Also I really dislike the face(s) :p
Oh my goodness, yes! I always have the partial face masks or visors on my characters because there are very, very few good ones. Also I'm the kind of player who doesn't like re-using them, especially in CoH!

Also agreed on the sliders. The waists are a niggle for me too.

Nishastra

Banned
Of all the games I've played, Aion had the best character creation as far as sliders go.

If only it was attached to a better game. I'd kill for CoH to somehow steal Aion's body/face sliders :p

McNum

I still play CoH, got a Forcefield/Energy Defender that I'm still pimping out in the new-ish endgame on Freedom. She's a one-Hero trip to maximum defense for her team. CoH buffs are silly strong compared to other MMOs.

CoH is going sort of Free-to-play later this year. It's complicated, but if you've played before you get some perks if you return even as F2P. I'm staying subscribed, though. 7+ years and counting.

Songbird

Prodigal Son
McNum said:
CoH is going sort of Free-to-play later this year. It's complicated, but if you've played before you get some perks if you return even as F2P. I'm staying subscribed, though. 7+ years and counting.
Yeah, I'll probably be employed and have an income by the time it goes f2p. At least I bought Going Rogue so I should have access to Praetoria under the free system. Maybe I should make an OT and interest check sometime...

Nishastra

Banned
The free accounts are so horrendously limited, and I can't imagine actually subscribing again...

I last played a while after Going Rogue came out. I prebought it but then quit before it actually came out. Some time later, I figured I should at least try out what I had bought :p

Praetoria was fun (even if it ends abruptly) and I liked finally being able to play CoV archetypes in Paragon (I hate the Rogue Isles), but as someone who will only ever solo, Incarnates and in particular Incarnate content did nothing for me.

They finally added an "endgame" and endgames are usually where I stop playing.

Owlowiscious said:
I have a Champions lifetime sub.
mlp_getout.gif
My condolences.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom