• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony FiM Community |OT| We will love and tolerate the SHIT outta you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

McNum

Why have I not played TF2 online before today? That was awesome.

Granted, I took the easy route and played a Medic most of the time. Why? Because I could just point my beam of goodness at a Heavy and follow him to where I was supposed to be. Worked out okay. I just fell back on my support skills from City of Heroes. Got real lucky and got a Backburner, too. Which I put to good use, if I do say so myself. I was consistently 2nd in points on my team, so I had to be doing something right.

Well, I hope I get time to join you guys in TF2 another day. I added that server to favorites, just in case we're using that again. Good games everyone!

And to you guys playing Spies, a playful "*$%& you!" to you. I have no idea on how to counter that. Then again, Medics are probably wearing gigantic "STAB ME!" signs on their backs. If they don't, I got an idea for a Medic accessory for Valve.

Also ~100 Ping from Denmark to wherever the server is. I can live with that. Anyone know where the server is placed?

tiff

Banned
Good synctube and TF2 tonight. I'd like to move Rarity up the list but I don't know if there's anyone I can bump down below her :lol

McNum said:
Granted, I took the easy route and played a Medic most of the time. Why? Because I could just point my beam of goodness at a Heavy and follow him to where I was supposed to be. Worked out okay. I just fell back on my support skills from City of Heroes. Got real lucky and got a Backburner, too. Which I put to good use, if I do say so myself. I was consistently 2nd in points on my team, so I had to be doing something right.
I'm too scared to play Medic. I'm okay with sucking by myself, but I don't want to drag someone else down too :p

McNum

tiff said:
Good synctube and TF2 tonight. I'd like to move Rarity up the list but I don't know if there's anyone I can bump down below her :lol

I'm too scared to play Medic. I'm okay with sucking by myself, but I don't want to drag someone else down too :p
Yeah, that is a concern. But I'm used to playing Support classes. I pretty much have all Defenders in City of Heroes, so I got the "healer's eye" so to speak. The ability to spot someone about to get hurt. And the ability to be a dirty coward who hides around the corner with the heal target in view. That works, too.

I want to be a good Heavy, but I'm not sure if that's for me. Will try more later. I'm a very hit or miss Pyro, though. I'm either cannon fodder or death incarnate. 6 kills in one life it says. Yup, I know exactly what that was. Got about 3-4 achievements and half the enemy team down in five seconds. That's almost half my total kills in TF2. The rest of the time, I just pretty much died.

Nishastra

Banned
After last week, I installed tons of pony mods.

My favorite one has to be the Party Popper flare gun, which makes Pinkie's "WOO!" noise when fired :p

McNum

Nishastra said:

My favorite one has to be the Party Popper flare gun, which makes Pinkie's "WOO!" noise when fired :p
Clientside only, I assume?

But that does explain why I was on fire so much. You nailed me good with that Flaregun several times.

Should probably consider getting a spray for next time.

tiff

Banned
McNum said:
I want to be a good Heavy, but I'm not sure if that's for me. Will try more later. I'm a very hit or miss Pyro, though. I'm either cannon fodder or death incarnate. 6 kills in one life it says. Yup, I know exactly what that was. Got about 3-4 achievements and half the enemy team down in five seconds. That's almost half my total kills in TF2. The rest of the time, I just pretty much died.
Heavy was probably my best class today. I don't think I'm too bad with Pyro, but I think I have a bad habit of trying to rush straight at people.

Probably should use the airblast more too. Aero got me good with it one time.

Nishastra said:

Sounds like I should get myself some pony mods.

Edit: Haha, was today the first time you played something other than a Soldier?

McNum

tiff said:
Heavy was probably my best class today. I don't think I'm too bad with Pyro, but I think I have a bad habit of trying to rush straight at people.
I noticed. That's why I was hot on your heels with a Medigun. As I said "The ability to spot someone about to get hurt". My favorite kill today was a Spy. Pointed my Medigun at him, it said "McNum". Yeah... that wasn't the best disguise in the world. Swtich to Syringe Cannon and bye bye Spy.

OMG Aero

Jintor said:
I can't play with 400 ping, I just can't. I'm sorry PonyGAF, choose somewhere closer to home.

Also talk moar
Where do you live that you are getting 400 ping? Granted I think this is a UK server, but most people that aren't in the UK had pings of around 100 which is good enough to play with. I play on the US pony servers a fair bit and routinely have a ping of around 120 and that's okay for me.
If you find a server that's better for you and everyone else though, feel free to suggest it. I keep picking this one because it's always empty when the Synchtube finishes and since it's a pony server, if other people join the game they are usually fans of the show and are friendly instead of super competitive.
McNum said:
Why have I not played TF2 online before today? That was awesome.

Well, I hope I get time to join you guys in TF2 another day. I added that server to favorites, just in case we're using that again. Good games everyone!

And to you guys playing Spies, a playful "*$%& you!" to you. I have no idea on how to counter that. Then again, Medics are probably wearing gigantic "STAB ME!" signs on their backs. If they don't, I got an idea for a Medic accessory for Valve.

Also ~100 Ping from Denmark to wherever the server is. I can live with that. Anyone know where the server is placed?
Glad to hear you had fun! The only really good counter to a Spy is to just check your team mates every now and then by shooting them, although that can be hard to do if you are healing someone. If you stick around a Pyro, they'll usually light any Spies nearby.

Anyway, time for the voting results:
For A Dog and Pony Show: 15 people voted 5, 11 people voted 4, 3 people voted 3, no-one voted 2 and 1 person voted 1, giving it an average of 4.3.
For Green Isn't Your Color: 15 people voted 5, 11 people voted 4, 1 person voted 3 and no-one voted 2 or 1, giving it an average of 4.52.
Which means the standings so far are:
1. Suited For Success - 4.73
2. Sonic Rainboom - 4.68
2. Dragonshy - 4.68
3. Winter Wrap Up - 4.54
4. Green Isn't Your Color - 4.52
5. A Dog and Pony Show - 4.3
6. Swarm of the Century - 4.28
7. Bridle Gossip - 4.07
8. Friendship is Magic Part 1 - 4.06
9. The Ticket Master - 4.05
10. Griffon the Brush-Off - 4
11. Look Before You Sleep - 3.81
12. Stare Master - 3.71
12. Friendship is Magic Part 2 - 3.71
13. Fall Weather Friends - 3.69
14. Applebuck Season - 3.67
15. Boast Busters - 3.58
16. The Show Stoppers - 3.5
17. Feeling Pinkie Keen - 3.45
18. Call of the Cutie - 3.15
And for some bonus polls: 18 people voted that the stare is more powerful than Rarity's whining, which had 6 votes.
jvnDv.jpg

And in a poll of who is the best pony between the two, 19 people voted for Fluttershy and 14 people voted for Rarity.
51JU1.jpg

The episodes did well, but not good enough to topple any of the top three. I think I'm starting to see a small issue with the voting though. The votes are only counted as long as you stay in the room, if you leave the site then your votes are removed from the poll and there's no way for me to check what you voted, this is probably why the second episodes usually have less votes than the first episodes. So if you leave as soon as the episodes finish, at least stick around for a song or two so I can count your vote properly.

Next week's episodes are Over A Barrel which, although I don't mind it, a lot of people seem to dislike for the moral and A Bird in the Hoof, yet another episode with the best pony.

tiff

Banned
Nishastra said:
I played a little Pyro last week as well, but keep in mind that this was my second game ever :p
Ah, I know, I just thought it was kinda funny.

Maybe it's because I approached it totally differently. This was probably my 4th or 5th game ever, and I'm still switching classes all the time. Probably because I've yet to find one I'm good at.

I still shy away from the support classes though. I tried to be an Engineer once and I couldn't even figure out how to build a turret. And Spy's totally beyond me.

McNum said:
I noticed. That's why I was hot on your heels with a Medigun. As I said "The ability to spot someone about to get hurt".
Aww, geez, now I'm embarrassed.

OMG Aero said:
The episodes did well, but not good enough to topple any of the top three. I think I'm starting to see a small issue with the voting though. The votes are only counted as long as you stay in the room, if you leave the site then your votes are removed from the poll and there's no way for me to check what you voted, this is probably why the second episodes usually have less votes than the first episodes. So if you leave as soon as the episodes finish, at least stick around for a song or two so I can count your vote properly.
Closing the poll earlier would help, yeah? The problem's not affecting any other poll as far as I know.

McNum

tiff said:
Aww, geez, now I'm embarrassed.
Don't be. Heavies are meatshields, they're supposed to take the hits. The classic TF2 pairing, as far as I know, is an advancing Heavy taking fire and a Medic in tow, trying to hide behind the Heavy. I fully admit to using my allied Heavies as cover. I even got an achievement for healing someone taking fire from four people at once. That's a badge of honor for me and the guy taking the hits. It's not like you were a Sniper foolishly charging in. You were a Heavy doing Heavy-stuff.

I just need to work on my Übercharge skills to really make a Heavy-Medic pair shine. Is there a way to charge that faster?

Narag

McNum said:
Don't be. Heavies are meatshields, they're supposed to take the hits. The classic TF2 pairing, as far as I know, is an advancing Heavy taking fire and a Medic in tow, trying to hide behind the Heavy. I fully admit to using my allied Heavies as cover. I even got an achievement for healing someone taking fire from four people at once. That's a badge of honor for me and the guy taking the hits. It's not like you were a Sniper foolishly charging in. You were a Heavy doing Heavy-stuff.

I just need to work on my Übercharge skills to really make a Heavy-Medic pair shine. Is there a way to charge that faster?

http://wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/Quick-Fix No overheal though.

Narag

McNum said:
Quick-Fix, eh? I actually got one as a drop. That Ûbercharge doesn't turn the target invincible, does it? Just makes them heal really fast.

Yup, increased heal rate. I think the third option is the kritzkrieg which grants the uber target 100% critical hit for 8 seconds.

tiff

Banned
McNum said:

Oh, I thought you were talking about following me when I was a Pyro :D

Owlowiscious said:
i like the other one more. but that one does do a nicer job with finding voices

I just want to know how they're getting their voices to do that stuff. Are they taking like a split second of them talking, repeating it a million times, and pitch shifting it? It's weird how the sound still retains a distinct trace of their original voice actor while still being unrecognizable from anything in the show.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Regulus Tera said:
Do we actually know that? I thought that was fanart.

Isn't the Tia nickname fan contamination also?

In the opening of the first episode it shows Celestia as being completely pink.

HX2o9l.jpg

Edit: It also shows them both as being the same height, hrmmmmm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom