• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony FiM Community |OT2| I just don't know what went wrong!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xzeon

Banned
ba8e95ca.gif

Beuno.

295117_397185926996219_1688256383_n.jpg

Cheerilee

hasnt it been known for awhile now that meghan was taking over the show?

A full takeover hasn't been known. I think I'm the only one who's suggested that.

- Lauren Faust (Executive Producer/Showrunner) left the show partway into season 2 production (while season 1 was still airing), and Jayson Thiessen (formerly a Supervising Director) was promoted to fill her position for season 2-3.

- Rob Renzetti (Story Editor) left at the end of season 2 production (while season 2 was still airing), and Meghan McCarthy (formerly a Writer) was promoted to fill his position for season 3.

- In Hasbro's PR campaign for the "Royal Wedding" season 2 ender (an episode written by Meghan), Meghan was sent out to do interviews, not Jayson, and a couple of media outlets (mistakenly?) referred to her as the Showrunner.

My crazy theory, kind of stumbled on as a joke, was that Jayson has also left the show (at the end of season 2's airing, around the end of a short season 3 production), and that Meghan has silently replaced him as the Showrunner for season 4.

I'm occasionally (when I remember) playing a game where I look for positive proof one way or the other, but the sane part of me says that this is all based on nothing, and that nobody should pester Jayson by asking if he's still employed, and that if someone did, it would remove all the fun of finding these things out for yourself.

https://twitter.com/goldenrusset/status/206146800514637824
Jayson Thiessen said:
Leo awards tonight (and tomorrow). We're up for best direction & best sound. tomorrow we're up for best series. hooves crossed! ‪#MLP

Silvawuff

I've often wondered why Faust left after the first season. Was it her move, or Hasbro's? Or maybe a little of both? I remember she was trying to pitch another of her creations when she was given the fateful opportunity of re-imagining pony.

brian577

Banned
I've often wondered why Faust left after the first season. Was it her move, or Hasbro's? Or maybe a little of both? I remember she was trying to pitch another of her creations when she was given the fateful opportunity of re-imagining pony.

Here's something she said recently
179071%20-%20censored%20lauren_faust%20meta%20word_of_faust.png

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
I never would have thought it was a negative thing that made her leave. I would have thought that making MLP popular with everyone upped her stock considerably and she had a billion offers and lots of money coming at her.

Cheerilee

Lauren also said that later in the series she felt that she didn't have as much creative control as she did when the show began (which was a combination of both infinite and severely limited), and that the amount of creative control that remained was slightly less than she felt satisfied with.

It was rumored that she wanted to make a CMC spinoff that would somehow give her the control she wanted while avoiding whatever it was that was in her way, but Hasbro turned that idea down.

She also asked for people to stop prying, because she doesn't want to be responsible for a bunch of angry bronies flying off the handle and lynching people who've done nothing wrong. She knows better than to trust us completely.

These guys entire lives is making fun of shit, its their job.

Just like South Park, they make fun of everyone.

252767_397375743643904_498103504_n.jpg

You know... I actually started work on a PMV for that song. Technically done(in that i have a full video for it), but I really think I should make it better(a lot better) before thinking about releasing it. Of course I haven't worked on it in months so... lol.

These guys entire lives is making fun of shit, its their job.

Just like South Park, they make fun of everyone.

Absolutely, in fact I've always seen Matt and Trey having the same kind of "reaction" either if directly commenting about it or making an SP episode (which I'm sure is coming.

As for that Twilight pic, I just found it on Derpibooru, and from the thumbnail, it looks "naughtier" and I still can't really tell it's her singing. Is it supposed to be a parody of something specific?

Absolutely, in fact I've always seen Matt and Trey having the same kind of "reaction" either if directly commenting about it or making an SP episode (which I'm sure is coming.

As for that Twilight pic, I just found it on Derpibooru, and from the thumbnail, it looks "naughtier" and I still can't really tell it's her singing. Is it supposed to be a parody of something specific?

Unless I'm just confusing things here, it is actually a reference to an episode of Adventure Time where the group sings a song about their friendship to open a magical door.

Xzeon

Banned
Unless I'm just confusing things here, it is actually a reference to an episode of Adventure Time where the group sings a song about their friendship to open a magical door.

YUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUP.

A fantastic ep of a fantastic show.

WATCH IT.

Now its time for.

pony sleepover.
tumblr_m6ml8c4Pf81rofdkio1_500.png

Songbird

Prodigal Son
I'm disappointed at just how harsh Bill and Mike have been, but if a Rifftrax results that will be a good thing. They should get Shercloppones as guests.

BDGAME

Aw, that Faust stuff is kind of depressing. :(

I've been thinking about picking up Colors 3D for a while. Is it pretty decent, even for someone as bad at drawing as me?

I recommend you to get it. Its easy to use and has a amazing community with lots of fantastic 3D drawings for looking and enjoy.

Frantic Fanatic

Neo Member
Michael J. Nelson, destroyer of worlds and hater of bronies.

Well, he made a career of making fun of movies that took themselves too seriously, but I guess he forgot fanbases and movies are two different kettles of bees.

Angry, angry bees.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
CHEEZMO™;39500449 said:
Forester doing spin for people attacking the fandom.

Forester is now a beaten spouse.

It's like getting pissed if South park makes fun of you after making fun of everyone else. Read his Twitter, he never meant to offend anyone.

$200

Banned

Finally have something to show since I started learning to draw on a computer.

Edit: New page? Must post art

brian577

Banned
It's like getting pissed if South park makes fun of you after making fun of everyone else. Read his Twitter, he never meant to offend anyone.

I'll get offended at anyone who calls me a pervert and I thinks I'll just laugh it off. That's crossing a line for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom