• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony FiM Community |OT2| I just don't know what went wrong!

Status
Not open for further replies.

brian577

Banned
ea6cdf82e4bea6ea5a9a7f68d9bd4dfe-d55pnqv.png

Justifiable Homicide.

blamite

I guess this is the part where I say that my favorite episode of FiM is now my favorite episode of FiW. :D I don't see the use of only one episode as a bad thing at all, combined with the length (about minutes shorter than the last two episodes) gives the episode a migh tighter, more focused feel, where anything not necessary to the plot was cut (notice how many chunks of the original episode are missing). Not every episode needs to be a half-hour-long epic, and Cherry Bomb returns to the pacing of the first few episodes of FiW in that regard. Similarly, there's not much focus on continuity with previous episodes like there has been before, leading to an episode that's driven more by character interaction that an overarching plot. Hell, a whole new character was introduced, given a bit of development, and killed off in the episode, leading to feelings.

The plot itself I thought was pretty well executed, considering how wacky it was. It basically relies on the fact that all of the FiW Mane 6 is really dumb and super self-indulged, leading to the whole "are you even listening to me?" part. I can understand how that would rub people the wrong way, since it is pretty much done to allow the plot to follow the original episode, but it just worked for me. I thought the humor was great as always, with highlights being RD's Applejack impression, Pinkie's messing with time explaining RD's vice change, incredible peripherals, and AJ's letter. And that song. THAT SONG. It's still stuck in my head after two days. I really hope there's an extended version someday.

So yeah, to summarize my overly positive ranting, FiW has recovered from a rocky episode 6 with a great return to the form of the first few episodes that made me love the series. :D

Xzeon, it was a bad episode...deal. You disagreeing and calling me a h8r does nothing...;p

Though related, I will be getting that horse head mask (and the Unicorn variant) for a prank I am planning with my sister...

judhudson

Xzeon, it was a bad episode...deal. You disagreeing and calling me a h8r does nothing...;p

Though related, I will be getting that horse head mask (and the Unicorn variant) for a prank I am planning with my sister...

The horse head mask is awesome, and is always a hit with crowds. Sadly I don't have any con pics uploaded at the moment, but:

ahoyhoy

Unconfirmed Member
Wait wait wait wait wait wait...

Wait...

You're telling me...

Cheezmo ISN'T a mutated blue-eyed Aryan asshole?

CHEEZMO™;39442200 said:
Time Turner is such a stupid fucking name.

Fitting for a stupid fucking character.

Good only for allowing Bronies to feel how other fandoms feel when we shove crossovers and pony-versions down their throats.

ahoyhoy

Unconfirmed Member
It was nice seeing you guys there. Somehow you managed to find more fursuits than I was aware of being there. And ahoy, if you managed to get there, sorry for missing you. Overall it was a fun time.

Didn't manage to make it out there myself, but I'm glad ya'll had a good time.

judhudson

Guess what arrived today all the way from China?

Very pleased with it, it’s awesome! I was planning on writing a review on it, but I don’t know the first thing when it comes to fabric/materials, so I doubt I’d be any help. All I can say is aside from the wings, I think it could pass for official merch.

But as far as I know, it’s not official - no tags. However, I find that for what I paid for - $45, it seems too cheap to be fanmade. I wonder how this was produced…it does look like it was made in a factory or by some folks extremely talented. They have a bunch on Ebay too - you can get one yourself here - http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_trksid=p5197.m570.l1313&_nkw=MLP+CRACKLE&_sacat=0

DrForester

Kills Photobucket

You're dead to me!!!!

Tennant was enjoyable, but was brought down in part becasue of really bad stories from most of his time on the show, and that he never really did "Angry Doctor" well. He also never had that Hartnell "I'm an asshole" feel that Smith and especially Eccleston can channel.

LuffyZoro

Best episode of Tennant's run is an episode he was hardly in....

Well, he also had Smith and Jones, Gridlock, and Midnight.

I'll grant you that Eccleston was good, introducing Jack, and with episodes like The Empty Child. I just don't think he was around for long enough to really get into his groove.

Silvawuff

That Crackle plushie looks fantastic! Nice score on that!

I wish Hasbro would make pony plushies that...didn't suck. Out of curiosity, how many of you have been detected by the dreaded Baby Pinkie drone while seeking pony merch?

That Crackle plushie looks fantastic! Nice score on that!

I wish Hasbro would make pony plushies that...didn't suck. Out of curiosity, how many of you have been detected by the dreaded Baby Pinkie drone while seeking pony merch?

Many times and it still freaks me out. O.O

LuffyZoro

Guess what arrived today all the way from China?

Very pleased with it, it’s awesome! I was planning on writing a review on it, but I don’t know the first thing when it comes to fabric/materials, so I doubt I’d be any help. All I can say is aside from the wings, I think it could pass for official merch.

But as far as I know, it’s not official - no tags. However, I find that for what I paid for - $45, it seems too cheap to be fanmade. I wonder how this was produced…it does look like it was made in a factory or by some folks extremely talented. They have a bunch on Ebay too - you can get one yourself here - http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_trksid=p5197.m570.l1313&_nkw=MLP+CRACKLE&_sacat=0

I wonder why a factory would be producing pony plushies...

Cheerilee

For those of you who are aware of my admittedly crazy and baseless theory that Jayson Thiessen has quietly been let go and Meghan McCarthy has taken his place, check out this tweet.

https://twitter.com/MMeghanMcCarthy/status/219472498335559680

“@keinzantezuken: @MMeghanMcCarthy who is head writer now -- for s03 -- since Rob left?” me
That means it's over, right? She's confirming that she's the head writer?

Nope. Because the question asker specifically defined "now" as meaning "for s03". And if you remember, I suggested it may have happened shortly before season 2 finished airing, possibly in the aftermath of Derpygate, at which point season 3's production was nearing completion. There would be no need to remove her as head writer for season 3, even if she took over some finalization work.

My craziness continues! I thought it was done for a minute there.

BTW, Lauren Faust says that whether Scootaloo is an orphan or not is up to Meghan now.

https://twitter.com/Fyre_flye/status/219952808005345280

Poor, poor Jayson. Drowning his sorrows on a waterslide in the rain. ;_;

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom