• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony FiM Community |OT2| I just don't know what went wrong!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ahoyhoy

Unconfirmed Member
you seemed like a cool guy :(

One does not simply say any mane 6 is worst pony.

You and ponyGAF have a lot to learn about each other.

Take it slow, at first, lest you trip over all the "Celestia/Luna/RD/Twilight/Lyra/Derpy DEFENSE FORCE" encampments scattered about.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket

Take it slow, at first, lest you trip over all the "Celestia/Luna/RD/Twilight/Lyra/Derpy DEFENSE FORCE" encampments scattered about.

None of those characters need a defense force except Celestia, who is continuously bombarded with slander.

McNum

Did someone say Luna Defense Force? Who dares to...

Eh, DrForester is right, she doesn't need one. The Princess of the Night can take care of herself. Besides, we know she's not evil, because we've already seen her evil side. It got harmony'd.

Narag

Did someone say Luna Defense Force? Who dares to...

Eh, DrForester is right, she doesn't need one. The Princess of the Night can take care of herself. Besides, we know she's not evil, because we've already seen her evil side. It got harmony'd.

Tyrant-sun goddess Celestia could use a good harmonying. No doubt her innate evil kept her from using the elements of harmony herself.

McNum

Tyrant-sun goddess Celestia could use a good harmonying. No doubt her innate evil kept her from using the elements of harmony herself.
It is interesting why she can't anymore. Maybe you need at least two ponies embodying half of the elements each to use them? So, which three did Celestia have?

Catalix

And on the sixth day the LORD David Bowie created man and woman in His image. And he saw that it was good. On the seventh day the LORD created videogames so that He might take the bloody day off for once.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
It is interesting why she can't anymore. Maybe you need at least two ponies embodying half of the elements each to use them? So, which three did Celestia have?

Show indicated she used all 6 to defeat NMM the first time, I've always thought that she could have used them again to defeat NMM again, but that would not have gotten Luna back. We saw the the elements only defeated NMM, but Luna herself had to accept forgiveness and humility. Celestia handing her flank to her again probably would have just made her more bitter. Celestia wanted her sister back, so she gave up the elements so someone else could defeat her.

McNum

Show indicated she used all 6 to defeat NMM the first time, I've always thought that she could have used them again to defeat NMM again, but that would not have gotten Luna back. We saw the the elements only defeated NMM, but Luna herself had to accept forgiveness and humility. Celestia handing her flank to her again probably would have just made her more bitter. Celestia wanted her sister back, so she gave up the elements so someone else could defeat her.
I thought it was kind of implied that Celestia lost the elements a long time ago. Possibly even after having to use them against her own sister. That had to be a real kick in the Loyalty, Laughter, and Kindness, at least. I mean, the physical representations of the elements had turned into stones that were kept in a very decrepit castle in the middle of the Everfree forest. Whereas the repowered elements of Harmony are kept in a locked vault in Canterlot. Which, by the way, kind of backfired on them. Twice. Maybe another solution needs to be found...

Now, if the elements are that powerful one would think that if Celestia could use them, she'd have them in that vault for quick access. But she didn't. Instead she did the only thing she could have, attempt to repower the elements with a new spark of friendship. Which is where Twilight Sparkle and Celestia's mad gamble comes in. So many things could have gone wrong with that, but Celestia trusted her student to get it right, even if Celestia had to be really cryptic about it so she wouldn't contaminate any friendships that were formed. They had to be genuine, not just some goal for Twilight, otherwise, the elements wouldn't trigger at all.

It really was a pretty desperate plan, but it paid off, in spades. Not only did she get her sister back, but when discord returned, well, the Mane Six were sort of ready to face him.

Someone should probably teach Twilight a spell to summon the elements for extreme emergencies, though...

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
I thought it was kind of implied that Celestia lost the elements a long time ago. Possibly even after having to use them against her own sister. That had to be a real kick in the Loyalty, Laughter, and Kindness, at least. I mean, the physical representations of the elements had turned into stones that were kept in a very decrepit castle in the middle of the Everfree forest. Whereas the repowered elements of Harmony are kept in a locked vault in Canterlot. Which, by the way, kind of backfired on them. Twice. Maybe another solution needs to be found...

Now, if the elements are that powerful one would think that if Celestia could use them, she'd have them in that vault for quick access. But she didn't. Instead she did the only thing she could have, attempt to repower the elements with a new spark of friendship. Which is where Twilight Sparkle and Celestia's mad gamble comes in. So many things could have gone wrong with that, but Celestia trusted her student to get it right, even if Celestia had to be really cryptic about it so she wouldn't contaminate any friendships that were formed. They had to be genuine, not just some goal for Twilight, otherwise, the elements wouldn't trigger at all.

It really was a pretty desperate plan, but it paid off, in spades. Not only did she get her sister back, but when discord returned, well, the Mane Six were sort of ready to face him.

Someone should probably teach Twilight a spell to summon the elements for extreme emergencies, though...

Celestia's wording in Return of Harmony indicates she didn't lose her connection to them until Twilgiht and co. got them. And they had to work to get them, just giving them to the 6 should have been cheap. It's like the Gryffindor sword in Harry Potter, you can store it, but it will go where it's needed.

blamite

So I ended up downloading Colors 3D to see if it could help me draw better, ended up making this in a few hours (based on Friendship is Witchcraft):

1f61H.jpg

It's easier than just drawing for sure, but I wish there were more than 5 layers. It's also weird drawing on the 3DS screen, it's so slippery(?) and fast.

McNum

Celestia's wording in Return of Harmony indicates she didn't lose her connection to them until Twilgiht and co. got them. And they had to work to get them, just giving them to the 6 should have been cheap. It's like the Gryffindor sword in Harry Potter, you can store it, but it will go where it's needed.
I'm pretty sure the elements are immobile. Otherwise, the whole changeling thing would have been over much quicker. Princess Celestia was knocked out and all six element wielders were in the same room? If the elements could move, they would have there. But the Mane Six had to go get them themselves.

Celestia losing the elements could also simply have been a gradual thing. The one element that keeps them all together is Magic/Friendship. So... what happens if the sole wielder becomes distant and loses her friends... possibly just to time? Sure, Celestia has magic to spare, but friendship? Not so much. She's the goddess-ruler of the world, more or less. You don't get many true friends in that kind of position of power. A lot of ponies want to stay friendly with you, yes, but actual friendship? That's a problem. So, maybe Celestia did still have Honesty, Kindness, Laughter, Generosity, and Loyalty, she has shown all of these traits during the first two seasons, but she lost the spark a long, long time ago.

Which actually would explain why Magic didn't even have a stone, it was just... gone. Twilight pooled her own magic with the magic of friendship and made the last element reappear, but in a new form. The Magic of Friendship instead of just power magic power. That's why the elements cured Luna rather than banish her again. It was a similar, but different spell. One Celestia herself couldn't do.

And yes, I am aware we're discussing magic superweapons for ponies right now.

Xzeon

Banned
tumblr_m6o2hpdJ2P1qfr8p4.jpg

Why is it so hard to make toys that look like the show.

The fans, using store bought material, has made shit that puts Hasbro to immense shame.

I think they have gotten so used to decades of little girls buying anything they make that they dont see the point in actually making decent toys.

They look like Chinese knock offs, but they dont care cuz the millions of little girls will buy them anyway.

The hair kills it for me. They went all out to get everything else to at least look somewhat like the show, and then they ruined it with the hair for some reason.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD

The fans, using store bought material, has made shit that puts Hasbro to immense shame.

Because it's more expensive to make them look more show accurate. The fanmade ones are done by hand whereas the hasbro ones are mass manufactured off shore. Also, little girls (their target demographic) don't care if the dolls don't look perfectly like the show characters (imagination and all that jazz).

Xzeon

Banned
Because it's more expensive to make them look more show accurate. The fanmade ones are done by hand whereas the hasbro ones are mass manufactured off shore. Also, little girls (their target demographic) don't care if the dolls don't look perfectly like the show characters (imagination and all that jazz).

I already said that.

Damn kids, fucking up everything for the true fans.

judhudson

I think that with these new pony plushies, fans will find a way to fix the hair and style it to the show. Then they may be worth getting. $5 a pony isn't too bad from what's being reported.

Orcastar

I think they have gotten so used to decades of little girls buying anything they make that they dont see the point in actually making decent toys.

They look like Chinese knock offs, but they dont care cuz the millions of little girls will buy them anyway.

The hair kills it for me. They went all out to get everything else to at least look somewhat like the show, and then they ruined it with the hair for some reason.

I think that with these new pony plushies, fans will find a way to fix the hair and style it to the show. Then they may be worth getting. $5 a pony isn't too bad from what's being reported.

These are but a prelude.

Next week.

Believe.

akira28

wat.

isn't she married? And also, wat? If Bronycons are going to be like this...maybe, i dunno. I dunno...

I am ready to grind with some Goddess group cosplayers.
(why aren't they making money taking pictures at cons yet? for um...charity. yeah. charity. Save Apple Acres...or something. >_>)

anyway, now we know how Twililicious would act while drunk at a party.

Xzeon

Banned
Updated the PonyGAF Gaming IDs list. Added some more options.

I messed up doing this, i only put in my name and sent it in.

i did it again but added my Steam name and favorite pone.

i dont have an Xbox, ps3, 3ds, fur affinity account, or play starcraft.

i do have a deviant art though, and a tumblr and twitter, thats it though.

Firehead

I messed up doing this, i only put in my name and sent it in.

i did it again but added my Steam name and favorite pone.

i dont have an Xbox, ps3, 3ds, fur affinity account, or play starcraft.

i do have a deviant art though, and a tumblr and twitter, thats it though.

Fixed it for ya.
Would anyone want me to add a DA, tumblr and twitter option as well?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom