• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony FiM Community |OT2| I just don't know what went wrong!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Link Man

Banned
Fluttershy!

Sadly, couldn't find anything worth posting with Fluttershy in a yukata to pair with this piece.

Oh, and for the coming Celestia fanwars:

Cheerilee

I wonder if this place is going to bustle once S3 starts?

There will probably be a "MLP:FIM Season 3 |OT| [witty subtitle]" created in the Off-Topic forum. It will be full of spoilers (if you want to call them that) from people excitedly reading next-episode previews and whatnot, but that's normal and you're just supposed to avoid that thread mid-week if you don't want anything to be spoiled until after you've watched that week's episode. And then once a week you hop in late and check the thread and get caught up on a flood of all the episode opinions and discussion. Unless you like riding the wave, then you can just jump in and embrace it all as it happens.

The OT thread is supposed to stay pretty solidly on-topic regarding new episodes and only new episodes (like no fanworks, but usually it gets some, say when it's on-topic fan work, because the rules are kind of loose), and the Community thread is for the extended MLP:FIM experience (however you want to define that). If anything, the Community thread will probably slow down once the new episodes start. Also, this thread tries to avoid spoilers more around that time. Like if a new character is introduced and people start making fanart within minutes, it's a good idea to link to the art instead of posting it for all to see.

When in doubt about the differences between the two threads, just be cautious and considerate. Also, it never hurts to ask. There's no such thing as a stupid question. Except where to find the piracy links. That one's kind of stupid.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
i'm more fan of celestia than him

A challenger appears!

This thread just got interesting. Which is good, because it's almost halfway over.

We all know it's not true anyways. It's be like me randomly claiming to be the biggest Twilight fan.

4ub27.png

Razek

Banned
Edit: ^Ooooh, Celestia fight! This is getting heated!

There will probably be a "MLP:FIM Season 3 |OT| [witty subtitle]" created in the Off-Topic forum. It will be full of spoilers (if you want to call them that) from people excitedly reading next-episode previews and whatnot, but that's normal and you're just supposed to avoid that thread mid-week if you don't want anything to be spoiled until after you've watched that week's episode. And then once a week you hop in late and check the thread and get caught up on a flood of all the episode opinions and discussion. Unless you like riding the wave, then you can just jump in and embrace it all as it happens.

The OT thread is supposed to stay pretty solidly on-topic regarding new episodes and only new episodes (like no fanworks, but usually it gets some, say when it's on-topic fan work, because the rules are kind of loose), and the Community thread is for the extended MLP:FIM experience (however you want to define that). If anything, the Community thread will probably slow down once the new episodes start. Also, this thread tries to avoid spoilers more around that time. Like if a new character is introduced and people start making fanart within minutes, it's a good idea to link to the art instead of posting it for all to see.

When in doubt about the differences between the two threads, just be cautious and considerate. Also, it never hurts to ask. There's no such thing as a stupid question. Except where to find the piracy links. That one's kind of stupid.

I won't be in the OT thread for sure until after I see the episodes. Even then I am weary. I spoiled myself one too many times last year. I still regret reading about the finale and Twi's brother.

Do you really think the community thread will die down a little? I remember last year there were a few members just like me who mentioned "I will be sticking to the community thread because of spoilers." I suppose they all got burnt out and left though.

We all know it's not true anyways. It's be like me randomly claiming to be the biggest Twilight fan.

http://i.imgur.com/4ub27.png[IMG][/QUOTE]

Haha. Yeah, that is pretty crazy. We all know who that is anyways...

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
I wish more people posted on the OT. The show has done a great job of not giving away much in the synopsis. Even Canterlot Wedding. You knew Twilight had a brother and was getting married. But that was really just a minor part of the episode.

Was better in the S1 thread before people were so picky about them and people could speculate and bounce ideas off each other.

Razek

Banned
I wish more people posted on the OT. The show has done a great job of not giving away much in the synopsis. Even Canterlot Wedding. You knew Twilight had a brother and was getting married. But that was really just a minor part of the episode.

Was better in the S1 thread before people were so picky about them and people could speculate and bounce ideas off each other.

I dono, I like to go in blind. Maybe now that I'm on Gaf though it might be different since discussing this stuff is 'part of the experience'.

Celestia wouldn't fight.

You're right, she would just run away and let her little pony pets deal with all the badies like she always does!

You left that wide open.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
I dono, I like to go in blind. Maybe now that I'm on Gaf though it might be different since discussing this stuff is 'part of the experience'.

You're right, she would just run away and let her little pony pets deal with all the badies like she always does!

You left that wide open.

Celestia and Luna deal with big threats all the time. Scooby Squad is just called in when they're tired.

Why fight when you can banish?

She fought, and then banished. While Celestia would rather not fight, she will to stop pony genocide.

Razek

Banned
Mine is Candy Mane, the oldest CMC.

J7E16.png

Not gonna lie, I had to wiki to find out who she was. The wiki article is a mess about her, you should fix it!
WIKI said:
Candy Mane made her debut appearance in Boast Busters. Candy Mane has only made one appearance throughout the whole My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic series. She also appeared in The Cutie Mark Chronicles, then Green Isn't Your Color. Her last appearance was when she was wearing a cloak in Luna Eclipsed.

^That doesn't even make sense.

Edit: Okay, apparently there are like 8 different wikis for this show. That's confusing.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
my second favorite background pony would be a multi-tie between all the Pegasus ponies in Hurricane Fluttershy. The animators really went all out in that episode.

Not pictured: Blossomforth and Big McLargehooves

Razek

Banned
my second favorite background pony would be a multi-tie between all the Pegasus ponies in Hurricane Fluttershy. The animators really went all out in that episode.

OH! I forgot about Big Mclargehuge. I died everytime he made an appearance.
joy_ride_by_bronyfang-d4v793a.jpg

Still, if I had to pick an adorable pony after Twilight of course, it would be:

Razek

Banned
All of this Celestia x Twilight art makes me feel like Twilight's parents are dead, or abusive or something.

I always assumed the parents have little role in the fillies. We hardly see any of them with their rightful parents in the show much. I guess they're just not with them very often. I concur that magic kindergarten was probably a boarding school like thing.

Edit: Guys I'm dying reading this tumbler. How has nobody linked this thing yet to me all this time?

Link Man

Banned
I always assumed the parents have little role in the fillies. We hardly see any of them with their rightful parents in the show much. I guess they're just not with them very often. I concur that magic kindergarten was probably a boarding school like thing.
Well, she is Celstia's apprentice. Nothing out of the ordinary for a guild.

Razek

Banned
Well, she is Celstia's apprentice. Nothing out of the ordinary for a guild.

Mages guild is always the best guild.

And oh god my heart just broke reading this one:
tumblr_m2lkqmvR8a1r71sk3o1_r1_500.png

Apparently it also broke my memory since this was posted not more than 10 posts ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom