• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony FiM Community |OT2| I just don't know what went wrong!

Status
Not open for further replies.

$200

Banned
That's interesting. Golden Age Collectables is also one of the top comic book shops in Vancouver (located in the heart of downtown). I never knew they had a store on each side of the border.

Don't think they are the same as the Vancouver one is not listed on the website.

$200

Banned
Oh shit Lauren Faust just posted on her Twitter a picture of some hideous creatures that could be the official EG toys. It's not for the faint of heart.

Tenumi

Banned
Oh shit Lauren Faust just posted on her Twitter a picture of some hideous creatures that could be the official EG toys. It's not for the faint of heart.

Those abominations... I don't even know what to say...

Luckily they're just toys.

She has every right to be upset, just like the fans.

I only hope that she channels her anger into motivated drawing for the new fighting game, so once it's reannounced we can make a fandom for it and leave MLP behind us.

$200

Banned
Pony / human hybrid

335161__safe_applejack_anon_518937bda4c72d67cd001c0a_satyr_51a19f307f123bef95000aec.jpg

335163__safe_anon_sweet-apple-acres_518937bda4c72d67cd001c0a_51a19f307f123bef95000aec.jpg

335164__safe_applejack_comic_anon_sweet-apple-acres_518937bda4c72d67cd001c0a_51a19f307f123bef95000aec.jpg

There's also one with Lyra.

Frantic Fanatic

Neo Member
Well that's.... unprofessional.

Perhaps, but it's justified anger, these dolls feel vapid and uncharacterized, and the whole flipping point of the mane 6 was strong characterization.

However, I think the fact that these are just the prototype designs means someone's at least paying attention. Either that or furries don't market well.

So Faust is on 4chan's /mlp/ board and confirmed some Mane6 news will be coming soon. Also that no pony is her favorite since it'd be like a mom choosing her favorite child.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
But every parent has a favorite.

I'd honestly think it was Rainbow Dash since she's based on her favorite pony from the old show.

Cheerilee

Perhaps, but it's justified anger, these dolls feel vapid and uncharacterized, and the whole flipping point of the mane 6 was strong characterization.

The cartoon has strong characterization. The official toys don't. The official toys are full of sameface and brushable hair.

Not unless we start bitching about the character designs themselves, and then we have to ask things like... does it really matter that Lauren Faust's favorite pink-and-blue tomboy got swapped into the body of a blue-and-rainbow fashionista (Rainbow Dash always dresses in style), and if that was accidental greatness, how is EG's blu-and-rainbow tomboy supposed to be an abomination?

tafer

So Faust is on 4chan's /mlp/ board and confirmed some Mane6 news will be coming soon. Also that no pony is her favorite since it'd be like a mom choosing her favorite child.

Woah, looks like she actually did it. I'm a little bit surprised, some people have been suspecting that she has been lurking the place, but actually posting there...

http://i.minus.com/ikMZnjpeAqmNl.png
Currently, the thread is a sticky for those interested. Just keep in mind that it is 4chan after all. (It could be a professional troll after all)

Videoneon

Lauren Faust needs to lurk PonyGAF. It is a good idea. I've since been spoiled on Twilight becoming an alicorn, and I'm dreading the execution of the idea (and the idea itself =P), but I see Faust had always planned for it. Oh well, I'll see how I respond later.

What does sound appealing to me is an irresponsible Rainbow Dash. Sounds like a little extra spice I can appreciate.

---

Also, I stopped by the local Hot Topic today. No swim trunks, but a surprising amount of Pony merch. Quite a few shirts including:

-Dr.Whooves / Derpy
-Season 2 cast
-Lyra "Believe" shirt
-Spike "mustache"
-Pinkie Pie "Come at me Brony"

All of the medium sized shirts were taken, leaving...every other size. Life is cruel. They also had keychains, a small Rainbow Dash backpack, small plushes of the Mane6 (of varying quality, I thought the Applejack one had a bad mane), socks, a lot of things, there was a moderately sized rack dedicated to pony merch, and an in-store promotion that offered...something once you bought $25 of pony. Generous offering on the whole.

Cheerilee

Woah, looks like she actually did it. I'm a little bit surprised, some people have been suspecting that she has been lurking the place, but actually posting there...

http://i.minus.com/ikMZnjpeAqmNl.png
Currently, the thread is a sticky for those interested. Just keep in mind that it is 4chan after all. (It could be a professional troll after all)

The shit she must see on the regular.

IIRC, she lurked on 4chan's /co before most bronies were bronies.

Bronyism got it's start on /co, and then she heard about it, so she checked it out there. When people asked her what she thought of the rest of 4chan, her response was basically "I'm a grown woman. I'm aware of what goes on there."

Honestly though, I'm surprised she stuck with 4chan, since 4chan banned ponies, triggering the creation of ponychan. I don't get why anyone had any desire to return to 4chan after the ban was lifted, and by "the ban was lifted" I mean "/mlp was created", because ponies are still banned in /co.

Cheerilee

Not surprised at all. That was the first thing I assumed as soon as I heard about the show.

That Equestria Girls was based on the creative team's desire to make their own "human ponies" after seeing the various human ponies created by the fandom, rather than a Hasbro directive. Not that Ponygaf (especially Eatchildren) specifically was to blame. That would be surprising.

It's a nice thought (or a horrifying one, depending on your perspective), but I find it pretty difficult to believe that the suits at Hasbro okayed the Equestria Girls film on the basis of some pretty fan-art (as opposed to lots of money-centric business-ey stuff).

There are two ways to work with a property that comes from the top, like Hasbro. One is to take Hasbro's crap and spin it into gold. The other is to convince Hasbro that your own ideas are gold.

tafer

Honestly though, I'm surprised she stuck with 4chan, since 4chan banned ponies, triggering the creation of ponychan. I don't get why anyone had any desire to return to 4chan after the ban was lifted, and by "the ban was lifted" I mean "/mlp was created", because ponies are still banned in /co.

You and I still wonder why people returned to 4chan with so many communities around. My only theory is that the other communities didn't offer the freedom, size and exposure that usually comes with everything 4chan.

And of course:

Oh well, at the end of the day I think she was just venting her frustrations. And who can blame her after seeing such vapid representation of her characters.

Cheerilee

Oh so if that is the case

Is that how they work.

Quick every draw bunches of pictures of a transformers movie not directed by Michael bay.

We've got no shortage of that. We've even already got an entire movie created in that mold. Hasbro isn't interested. We've even got a CG cartoon made by renowned hacks Orci and Kurtzman, and licensed videogames, but those are somehow all turning out great, and not terrible enough for Hasbro.

Hasbro wants Michael Bay-style money generators, like Battleship the Movie.

Edit:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L20C1QxNG4w

Kurtzman - I got it! Megatron barfs.
Orci - Megatron barfs?
Kurtzman - Yeah, it'd be awesome.
Orci - Save that for the movies, okay? This actually has to be good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom