• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony FiM Community |OT2| I just don't know what went wrong!

Status
Not open for further replies.

brian577

Banned
Except they're not

Yes they are.
500px-Snips_and_Snails_bald_patches_S2E23.png

Village

We've got no shortage of that. We've even already got an entire movie created in that mold. Hasbro isn't interested. We've even got a CG cartoon made by renowned hacks Orci and Kurtzman, and licensed videogames, but those are somehow all turning out great, and not terrible enough for Hasbro.

Hasbro wants Michael Bay-style money generators, like Battleship the Movie.

Edit:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L20C1QxNG4w

Kurtzman - I got it! Megatron barfs.
Orci - Megatron barfs?
Kurtzman - Yeah, it'd be awesome.
Orci - Save that for the movies, okay? This actually has to be good.

*says in a jon tron/jack black style voice*

SHIIIEEET

Orcastar

So has anyone read the My Little Pony Micro-Series #4 Fluttershy yet? Is it any good? Obviously there's no way in hell it's going to be as good as the Rarity one, but I'd still like to hear some impressions.

So has anyone read the My Little Pony Micro-Series #4 Fluttershy yet? Is it any good? Obviously there's no way in hell it's going to be as good as the Rarity one, but I'd still like to hear some impressions.

I want to, but I haven't had a chance to grab any other issues lately.

New guy here. Sylverstone Khandr, fan of the show since September 2011.

Best pony will always be Rarity, my favorite episode is Suited for Success and I'm working on a fangame currently.

C8dM8.gif

I look forward to having fun here.

kunonabi

Best pony will always be Rarity, my favorite episode is Suited for Success and I'm working on a fangame currently.

C8dM8.gif

You have passed the best pony test. Please enjoy your stay at Pony-gaf.

Link Man

Banned

What's the point? The two-page spread was already spoiled. :(

;P

PaulloDEC

C8dM8.gif

Welcome! Things are a little quiet right now, but I hope you enjoy your time here just the same.

Grabbing the Fluttershy micro on my phone now. It's Fluttershy after all; how bad could it be?

Working on a fan-game... it's a 2D platformer called "Pinkie Pie's Perilous Platforms!". Pinkie Pie is the main character (obviously) and it was a general theme with Discord's return and so on, but there's been a lot of shakeups in development since I've been super-busy with college and other things.

This is the last trailer I worked on (back in July 2012)

and the demo I released (back in August 2012)

So far, things have gone okay but I'm slowly restarting development after running into quite a few personal issues. Hopefully, you have seen it somewhere (it was on EQD like 3 times) since the earlier days had me marketing like a pro.

I hope you like it!

You have passed the best pony test. Please enjoy your stay at Pony-gaf.

Welcome! Things are a little quiet right now, but I hope you enjoy your time here just the same.

Thanks, I hope to have fun here!

Videoneon

Working on a fan-game... it's a 2D platformer called "Pinkie Pie's Perilous Platforms!". Pinkie Pie is the main character (obviously) and it was a general theme with Discord's return and so on, but there's been a lot of shakeups in development since I've been super-busy with college and other things.

So far, things have gone okay but I'm slowly restarting development after running into quite a few personal issues. Hopefully, you have seen it somewhere (it was on EQD like 3 times) since the earlier days had me marketing like a pro.
!

I remember your game, I think. I definitely recognize that Pinkie Pie sprite, but the older platformer game I'm thinking of just had Pinkie Pie trying to get to the end of a stage, and it got progressively much harder a couple levels in. The end of the level markers were Mane6 ponies. It was from quite a while ago, like a year or two ago.

Anyway I just beat your demo. Was pretty fun, I like the chiptune (is that right?) music. The double jumping, wall jumping, and no taking damage from enemies were new elements but I got adjusted to those quickly. I think if you collide with parasprites they just fly away? Anyway, enjoy PonyGAF!

Also, you picked Rarity for best pony and that is the correct choice. Goddess pony.

Grabbing the Fluttershy micro on my phone now. It's Fluttershy after all; how bad could it be?

Just quoting this to say, I stopped by the Crash Bandicoot thread in Gaming again a while ago and I totally agree with your ranking of the PSX Crash games. 2 was the best, for sure, and it was also my first. After seeing the recent LTTP for Crash Team Racing and the glowing comments for it in the Crash thread I'm wondering if CTR would hold up. I loved the hell out of it when I was young but it's been so long since then.

(Pony Rogues Gallery)

Pony rogues gallery! Sweet. And it has the Flim Flam Brothers, which I totally approve of.

Rainbow Dash

Applejack

That Rainbow Dash so good.

Just finished reading it. I liked it, haven't read #1 or #2 so I can't say how it stacks up to them, but it is not as good the Rarity issue. It's ultimately a very quiet story, but it does bring some new insight into Fluttershy's character. It's just hard having to be the follow-up to a Rarity story.

PaulloDEC

Just quoting this to say, I stopped by the Crash Bandicoot thread in Gaming again a while ago and I totally agree with your ranking of the PSX Crash games. 2 was the best, for sure, and it was also my first. After seeing the recent LTTP for Crash Team Racing and the glowing comments for it in the Crash thread I'm wondering if CTR would hold up. I loved the hell out of it when I was young but it's been so long since then.

I can tell you right now, for my money CTR holds up amazingly well; there seriously hasn't been a single year since that game came out where I haven't played it on one platform or another. It's still a really fast, tight-controlling racer with tons of charm. If you've got the opportunity, definitely give it another go!

I remember your game, I think. I definitely recognize that Pinkie Pie sprite, but the older platformer game I'm thinking of just had Pinkie Pie trying to get to the end of a stage, and it got progressively much harder a couple levels in. The end of the level markers were Mane6 ponies. It was from quite a while ago, like a year or two ago.

Anyway I just beat your demo. Was pretty fun, I like the chiptune (is that right?) music. The double jumping, wall jumping, and no taking damage from enemies were new elements but I got adjusted to those quickly. I think if you collide with parasprites they just fly away? Anyway, enjoy PonyGAF!

Also, you picked Rarity for best pony and that is the correct choice. Goddess pony.

Yeah, the Pinkie Pie sprite is from Desktop Ponies (a whole lot of Pinkie platformers use it, so that explains quite enough), though I'm looking to get a new artist on board very soon so we can ditch the old and bring in a fresh look for the game's new aesthetic direction.

There's quite a lot that I've been planning lately (art, music, story, gameplay, etc.), so I'm hoping to use this summer to my advantage and get ahead in some areas, including story and assembling a formidable team.

That chiptune music is from the same guy who's working on the music for Fighting is Magic (RainbowCrash88) - I got his permission for it way back when Perilous Platforms was a school project (long story), and I figured that I'd need to get the game its own original stuff later down the line, so I've done away with it for the most part.

The enemies at that point in time were dummies, so I just made them alive but they would be seen as nuisances (much like how parasprites really act in the show). I think I put the hardest work in them since I had to fix their behaviors and re-work the sprites to work with Stencyl.

Finally, I recently got Mega Man X from the Wii U eShop and I've been studying the wall-slide and wall-jump mechanics since that was what it got compared to the most at the last BronyCon (Summer 2012) where I had set up a demo for people to play. I think that if I can nail them down well, it could open quite a lot of possibilities.

And yeah, Rarity was my favorite because my very first episode of MLP was Suited for Success.

Thanks again! :D

Oh man all my guilt. I'm looking at Pinkamena 5.. nice.. 4, nice.. 3 nice. 2 nice... yeah these are all pretty ni*1 staring at you like the creep you are*

TvT I'm sorry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom