• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony FiM Community |OT2| I just don't know what went wrong!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BDGAME

Quoting my brother, faces and manes are tough to translate from the 2D ponies, into his medium (sculpting). Manes because the show's tendency to simply flip a design 180 degrees, making an "other side" very hard to come up with. (resulting in both fudging something more reasonable, and well, frankly guessing)

I wish you luck my friend! The joys of my last doodles have taught me, sometimes you need to just try and say "fuck this, I can do it THIS way" and make it your own!

Whatever the result, please share. I am always curious to see other's work here (or on DA too)

Hehe, it's hard. When I finish, or quit (what come first) I will share here.

Link Man

Banned
Is IRC down for anyone else?

Oh well, anyway:

buy_the_ticket__take_the_ride_by_pixelkitties-d73m7ja.png

Link

A little copy and paste from my Deviantart... regarding my brony meetup I went to yesterday

Another brony meetup, and I must admit this one went well, and I even got a drawing done for my gift theme this week (I hope I can continue this pleasant streak!) We met at a new location to us, another city some 15 miles away from the last mall we used to go to, and had a nice set of topics to discuss, the episode, and a few opinions (I swear, someone always brings a religious or political issue, and the minor disagreements start, but thankfully it was somewhat civil.)

My sister spent her time with her friends, while I was show my doodles, and getting a few pointers of designs and ways to help make at least basic pony design a bit easier. It was very helpful to have the real time feedback! I guess the odd thing was, I was drawing like, well, more Burry than ponies (perhaps this is an unconscious thing about me not really liking ponies design.. but I oddly don't feel that way with, say my hybrids..)

It was fun to also see them try Awkuwa! Those who don't know Myke made me this rather odd request of a Longma, that was more Plesioth than the traditional mythical version of a dragon-horse hybrid (and I have drawn her a couple times here as well) While she is not difficult to me, I find it, well frustrating to see others stress about how to emulate the look. My policy with my OCs, is always have fun, as very little offends me (One exception, is cute or happy Burry Do. Because I really don't think he is either ;p Around his muley Snow Drift, that is a rare time when he truly smiles etc.)

I told them this many times.. "Just try it in your style, it doesn't have to be perfect" but they would not settle! This of course lead me to pulling out my guide to drawing Blitzen and showing in that way how I tackle each unique feature. Both have slight changes to the basic pony body that, once pointed out, are really easy to work around. Of course, I suppose it is like anything you draw right? Ponies being a few circles and some curves and BOOM! ;p This isn't to inflate my doodles, or diminish their effort. Very few wish to tackle what even myself consider a wild idea like Awkuwa, but now that she is made, I love to try drawing her (well, and all my OCs, but that is another issue altogether!)

Overall was very fun! We went to a restaurant for a few hours after and watched a couple people play that Card game (I still don't get it!) and went to a candy shop after! Oh and I believe we actually saw those weird Equestria Girl Rocking toys at a local Toys R Us. I was tempted with the Trixie one, as I liked the coloration honestly, but decided against it.

I hope to do this again very soon.

judhudson

Myke, it looks like I'll be in the market to purchase another one of your works very shortly. I'd figured I'd give you a heads up. I'm responsible for bringing Sylvester McCoy to our Doctor Who Convention this June (he was the 7th Doctor). Anyhow, since everyone is going to get the typical picture of him to sign, I'd figured I'd get a pony artwork piece autographed from him.

It's this guy:

Anyhow, if you are up for it, and need some reference pics, here you go :)

http://lissy-strata.deviantart.com/art/Reference-Sheet-Seventh-Doctor-302896494
http://silverband7.deviantart.com/art/Doctor-Whooves-The-7th-Doctor-334852926
http://kellyyates.deviantart.com/art/7th-Doctor-and-TARDIS-396465161
http://catecinem.files.wordpress.com/2011/04/04.jpg

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
It was fun to also see them try Awkuwa! Those who don't know Myke made me this rather odd request of a Longma, that was more Plesioth than the traditional mythical version of a dragon-horse hybrid (and I have drawn her a couple times here as well) While she is not difficult to me, I find it, well frustrating to see others stress about how to emulate the look. My policy with my OCs, is always have fun, as very little offends me (One exception, is cute or happy Burry Do. Because I really don't think he is either ;p Around his muley Snow Drift, that is a rare time when he truly smiles etc.)

I told them this many times.. "Just try it in your style, it doesn't have to be perfect" but they would not settle! This of course lead me to pulling out my guide to drawing Blitzen and showing in that way how I tackle each unique feature. Both have slight changes to the basic pony body that, once pointed out, are really easy to work around. Of course, I suppose it is like anything you draw right? Ponies being a few circles and some curves and BOOM! ;p This isn't to inflate my doodles, or diminish their effort. Very few wish to tackle what even myself consider a wild idea like Awkuwa, but now that she is made, I love to try drawing her (well, and all my OCs, but that is another issue altogether!)
Seriously now? Now here's something quick and dirty to make it up for you.

BDGAME

Since I'm going to Disney next month, I start a maraton of Disney movies with my daughter for she reconize the characters when we are there.

Other day I watched Bambi with her and I can't stop to think that Lauren Faust design of ponies remember a lot the Bambi's main character, specially in the face.

Look:

bambi-wallpaper-13014.jpg

The big rounded head with really big eyes and small muzzle with a month that look like that can touch the eye.

Apparently it's a thing in the Japanese fanbase, going by the artist's description.

It's basically this - from an EQD comment :
"raricow origionated from some Japanese folktale that went along the lines of this: the prettiest and most beautiful girl, lady, woman, etc. of a generation or group will one day be turned into a cow so that people may... uh, milk her."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom