• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony FiM Community |OT2| I just don't know what went wrong!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zelias

Banned
Looks too effeminate to be Sombra, so I'm going with Evilestia. Plus the colours match up - they're just somewhat darker on the right.

Does this mean the alternate King Sombra is a good guy? This should be interesting. Helps that I'm a sucker for alternate/mirror universe plots anyway.

PaulloDEC

Regarding the next comic arc, is no-one talking about the the common element in these two cover images:

1.jpg

2.jpg

That's the Equestria Girls mirror, right? Human ponies in the comic now?

Unrelated, seems like the Princess Molestia/Gamer Luna tumblr has suddenly gone away. Some people are saying Tumblr themselves killed it, while others are suggesting a Hasbro C&D.

I know that some won't be shedding a tear (Hi DrForester!) but I'll miss the Gamer Luna comics and the non-line-crossing silly sauciness.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
I think it's just another mirror. Ways of getting to multiple universes. Celestia keeps the LPS mirror in Canterlot and her and Luna occasionally go there to relax with the pets.

As for the tumbler, I'm not going to lie and say I'm not glad it's gone. Glad to hear whatever the crew does next it wont involve ponies.

I wonder if that incident with Nichole Oliver a few months ago where she accidentally posted a picture from it, and then was told what it was, is what led to Hasbro finding out about it. It's one thing when someone makes a NSFW blog, it's another when Hasbro is inviting the guy to public events, probably not knowing about it.

Tenumi

Banned
Unrelated, seems like the Princess Molestia/Gamer Luna tumblr has suddenly gone away. Some people are saying Tumblr themselves killed it, while others are suggesting a Hasbro C&D.

I know that some won't be shedding a tear (Hi DrForester!) but I'll miss the Gamer Luna comics and the non-line-crossing silly sauciness.

Sounds like a combo of tumblr, complainers, and disinterest in continuing.

It was good at times, but every time a big artist or blog disappears, another takes its place. So is the cycle of the internet.

PaulloDEC

I think it's just another mirror. Ways of getting to multiple universes. Celestia keeps the LPS mirror in Canterlot and her and Luna occasionally go there to relax with the pets.

Could be, though it seems to be the exact same design and everything. Looks like a human-ish silhouette in there on the first cover too...

As for the tumbler, I'm not going to lie and say I'm not glad it's gone. Glad to hear whatever the crew does next it wont involve ponies.

I wonder if that incident with Nichole Oliver a few months ago where she accidentally posted a picture from it, and then was told what it was, is what led to Hasbro finding out about it.

Could be, though I understand the movement who hoped to get it shut down had also been sending letters to Hasbro about it for a while.

On the plus side, hopefully this situation will give the creators an opportunity to work on something new of their own (and hopefully something that doesn't make so many people upset this time).

BDGAME

maxresdefault.jpg

So many good and funny gags and a great potential. All gone. Now I`m sad! :<

And yes, it was Hasbro that shut it down.

PaulloDEC

maxresdefault.jpg

So many good and funny gags and a great potential. All gone. Now I`m sad! :<

To be honest, I'm actually less bothered by the shutdown itself than I am by the circumstances of it happening. I don't suppose we'll ever know for sure, but it concerns me that the whole anti-molestia movement could've been responsible for Hasbro making a move.

There's plenty of works in the fandom that I personally don't care for and even more that I find distasteful, but I'd never attempt to have them taken down because I don't have the right to do that. I'm just a guy on the internet, I don't get to decide what people can and can't do. It bothers me that folks who think otherwise might actually be getting their way.

What's done is done though, I guess.

BDGAME

To be honest, I'm actually less bothered by the shutdown itself than I am by the circumstances of it happening. I don't suppose we'll ever know for sure, but it concerns me that the whole anti-molestia movement could've been responsible for Hasbro making a move.

There's plenty of works in the fandom that I personally don't care for and even more that I find distasteful, but I'd never attempt to have them taken down because I don't have the right to do that. I'm just a guy on the internet, I don't get to decide what people can and can't do. It bothers me that folks who think otherwise might actually be getting their way.

What's done is done though, I guess.

JJ say it became too big and call too much attention. Hasbro saw it and shut it down. I don`t know if the anti-molestia has or not something to do with it.

I have things in this fandom I don`t like too, but there is plenty of room for any kind of thing for many kind of taste. That time, I lost something that I like. Now I worry about other fan materials I like, as Ask the Crusaders and Slice of a Life. I hope that kind of fan material is safe at least.

PaulloDEC

JJ say it became too big and call too much attention. Hasbro saw it and shut it down. I don`t know if the anti-molestia has or not something to do with it.

I have things in this fandom I don`t like too, but there is plenty of room for any kind of thing for many kind of taste. That time, I lost something that I like. Now I worry about other fan materials I like, as Ask the Crusaders and Slice of a Life. I hope that kind of fan material is safe at least.

Me too. I always make sure to save every page from Slice of Life, so at least I'd have an archive if that ever went down (which thankfully I don't imagine is too likely). Molestia definitely stood out as a big, noisy target, so hopefully it'll remain an isolated case.

I have to agree with Forrester about ask Molestia. Wasn't much of a fan and not really sad to see it go (i certainly want rallying for its takedown either ). I really hope we see more stuff from JJ though. I've always wished he would continue Gamer Luna. I wonder what kind of project that ISN'T Pony related could be.

Loona

Could be, though it seems to be the exact same design and everything. Looks like a human-ish silhouette in there on the first cover too...

Looks like Sombra in the mirror to me, and one of those hatted bald nods to Fringe in the backgrounds of that 1st cover - so many characters there it seems unlikely a story would make all of them relevant...

I have to agree with Forrester about ask Molestia. Wasn't much of a fan and not really sad to see it go (i certainly want rallying for its takedown either ). I really hope we see more stuff from JJ though. I've always wished he would continue Gamer Luna. I wonder what kind of project that ISN'T Pony related could be.

I'd be okay with a Gamer Luna tumblr. RIP PM though. Been seeing alots of cheering from the APM folks on tumblr.

PaulloDEC

Made a Bat Pone. She's up on Ebay. Not going to list her link directly, but it can be found in the DeviantArt description

Very nice!

Totally cool if you didn't like Molestia, I wasn't always a fan myself. Shame Gamer Luna had to go down with the ship, though.

I always thought the art was impressive, so I'd definitely be interested in whatever JJ does next.

My OCD is upsetting me because if APM is gone I'd at least like to have read up to the current one before it goes away.

I just hope JJ continues to do E3 reactions with Belle Eve (and Gamer Luna [and Derpy]) or any of those little things with them.

Zelias

Banned
I actually found APM pretty funny at times, so a little sad to see it gone. The Gamer Luna parts tended to be better though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom