• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony FiM Community |OT2| I just don't know what went wrong!

Status
Not open for further replies.

judhudson

Having too much fun with soundchips in plushies,

pootin__tootin__derpy_plush_by_judhudson-d73774q.png

Press her tummy and she poots - then apologizes. Yep, I'm so mature.

http://judhudson.tumblr.com/post/74125312446/mom-and-i-just-finished-another-plush-all-minky

Oh my goodness, those Buttons videos are hilarious. Can't believe I've missed those. The new figures from Funko have been announced: Trixie and Twilight. They look freaking rad.

yCSfCOP.png

They need to hurry up and release Apple Jack! With her hat!!

Orcastar

I fail to see the downside. You get more practice at your craft, I get more pretty art to look at. Win/win :)

Or he spends hours upon hours trying to get to grips with a new technique, becomes increasingly frustrated and depressed over his inability to grasp it and ultimately ends up so consumed by feelings of inadequacy over the whole debacle that he doesn't draw anything for several months.

Or maybe that only happens to me. >_>

BDGAME

So, I found this picture below and I'm trying to make a 3D model using it as a base:

But the result has a big problem:

modelo.png

If you see the Top right image, the head of Twi is making a V form.

Is it me or is the cartoon not good to direct use to made a 3D model?

My next try is a more free hand.

LuffyZoro

So, I found this picture below and I'm trying to make a 3D model using it as a base:

modelo.png

Yeah, it's not designed for 3D, which is why so many of the plushies and sculptures look off.

WetManeLuna.png

McNum

modelo.png

There's a good reference for the top of the head in last week's episode where Derpy looks down at the flag she just dropped. Maybe try using that and see if you can make the head work. It needs to be a bit rounder seen from the top, if I remember my cartoon pony anatomy.

But you will have to fudge it a bit. The drawings don't work exactly in 3D.

*big image*

Quoting my brother, faces and manes are tough to translate from the 2D ponies, into his medium (sculpting). Manes because the show's tendency to simply flip a design 180 degrees, making an "other side" very hard to come up with. (resulting in both fudging something more reasonable, and well, frankly guessing)

I wish you luck my friend! The joys of my last doodles have taught me, sometimes you need to just try and say "fuck this, I can do it THIS way" and make it your own!

Whatever the result, please share. I am always curious to see other's work here (or on DA too)

PaulloDEC

modelo.png

You're right, they're certainly not designed to be made 3D.

If it helps, these are some of the most accurate-looking 3D representations of the characters I've seen:

Heaps more HERE.

A 3D-modelled one from Egophiliac:

BDGAME

There's a good reference for the top of the head in last week's episode where Derpy looks down at the flag she just dropped. Maybe try using that and see if you can make the head work. It needs to be a bit rounder seen from the top, if I remember my cartoon pony anatomy.

But you will have to fudge it a bit. The drawings don't work exactly in 3D.

Nice. Good idea. I will try to take that scene.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom